Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-03-2005, 08:32 PM   #11
Bernie_1977

If you're having trouble getting sound forget about dosbox and just run it under windows with vdmsound. Works for me.
Bernie_1977 is offline                         Send a private message to Bernie_1977
Old 01-04-2005, 04:53 PM   #12
danny
This is truly a great game! Brings back memories!

Old 07-04-2005, 01:36 AM   #13
maz
Wink

holy crudballs! I used to play this on my computer at home all the freaking time. People would come over to play on my 286/386/486 (it got upgraded a few times) just because this game was so cool. I don't know how cool it is to those who have no nostalgia associated with it, but a whole troop of girl scouts can't be all wrong.

Old 01-09-2005, 10:19 AM   #14
Wahski
Lurker

I have the CD version of this game and it is great.
Leaves for dead the floppy version.

CD version includes speech of all the text in game, and short video clips of the faces in the various screens.

Eg when you buy fries the fella on screen asks, "would you like fries with that?!"

Cd game is approx 25Meg in size with approx 38mins of audio as an audio track on CD.

You can run this version directly from CD without installing it.

Wahski

Wahski is offline                         Send a private message to Wahski
Old 05-01-2006, 12:11 AM   #15
Freddy
Smile

yeh i though it was something like that, i played it heapz a couple of years ago and me and my friends got soo adicted! LOL im so sad its gone

Old 03-06-2006, 04:02 PM   #16
Greensystemsgo
Lurker

I played this a couple of years ago, but i still have it in its original box, and i have the manual, and original cd!
Greensystemsgo is offline                         Send a private message to Greensystemsgo
Old 03-06-2006, 07:24 PM   #17
breathe_happy

I remember this game... I miss this game... I still have this game but can't access it b/c I'm missing some files for it. It was on my old computer from a few years ago and apparently I forgot to transfer all the files for the game to my new computer so now I can't play it anymore. It saddens me.
breathe_happy is offline                         Send a private message to breathe_happy
Old 10-11-2006, 03:42 AM   #18
dr_doom_man

me and a couple friends are doing a remake of the game, if anyones interested.. quoted from a post on our forums...
"Our updated version is going to pretty much take the gameplay that made the original Jones in the Fast Lane so much fun and add to it a variety of new features including updated maps and much more in depth gameplay. Some possible features include -

-a variety of new jobs and locations, each with their own unique activities
-a more in depth character creation system
-more events
-more items
-updated graphics
-a new system that allows you to move up to bigger and better cities if you have the money, each with unique locations and jobs
-more reasons to continue playing after you have the best job (which oh by the way will take considerably more effort)
-support for expansion packs and add-ons

it will basically be Jones in the Fast Lane times 10, with more stuff to do, more stuff to buy, just plain more of everything. Now if anyone is interested in helping, contact either me or pyroman as we need all the help we can get, especially with the graphics and audio. otherwise, just kinda sit back and know that there might be a newer and better version of jones in the fast lane coming out some time in the (hopefully) not too distant future of time and space"

go here for more information http://jonesfastlane.proboards54.com/
dr_doom_man is offline                         Send a private message to dr_doom_man
Old 12-03-2007, 08:15 AM   #19
Doctadeth
Forum hobbit

I love Jones in the fast lane, I had a 3 inch floppy version even including manual and the cardboard sheets. But I think It got sold along with Combat! in my mums garage sale
:wallbash:

Been trying to get it off ebay, but each time I get outbid and I don't want to fork out 100 bucks for it. Any ideas on getting it?

:ranting:

Doctadeth is offline                         Send a private message to Doctadeth
Old 12-03-2007, 01:56 PM   #20
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

"Ideas"? As in?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman