Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Invalid Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-05-2006, 09:28 PM   #1
Charley W

Default Scarab of RA [NON-PC]

I've been trying to find a game that a roommate had back in '93. I don't remember the system, or company. You were an explorer lost in a pyramid with various mummies, snakes and other dangers. It was a very simple 2 color graphics game with just line drawings of the corridors and the occasional monster/treasure. Sorry I can't be more precise, but does anyone think it sounds familar?
Charley W is offline                         Send a private message to Charley W
Old 11-05-2006, 09:34 PM   #2
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

It does indeed sounds familiar. It's a good description of a game I had on my C64. Was the game a txt adventure? I think mine was. Sadly, I don't recall the name, but there are quite a few C64 sites out there.

Happy hunting, I'll let you know if I come across something like this.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:17 AM   #3
swiss
who's not Swiss

maybe this John Romero Classic ?

Pyramids of Egypt
swiss is offline                         Send a private message to swiss
Old 12-05-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Holy Freakin... I have got to try this game out. It's like finding that hamburger commercial that started Samuel Jackson's career. This is the bastard cousin of Wolfenstien, Doom, everything! For that reason alone I need to play this game. Not sure I'll keep it, but I've got to try it at least.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 12-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #5
Charley W

No, swiss, it wasn't PofE, but thanks for drawing that one to my attention. The one I remember was a player-viewpoint game- it showed what the character would see down the corridors (like Dungeon Hack or Dungeon Master), rather than an overhead view like PofE. I don't think there was even a mapping ability to it (I had to draw maps by hand). It was 2-color, simple black lines on a white bg, with very low resolution- no other colors or shading even. I remember that you could encounter lions at several points, and you'd see the lion down the corridor and then it'd spring at you (different picture, of course). It may have been a freebee with the system, which MAY have been a Comodore.
Charley W is offline                         Send a private message to Charley W
Old 14-05-2006, 12:55 PM   #6
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I found this, called Pyramid, plain and simple. It was written for multiple systems.

http://www.lysator.liu.se/adventure/...k.html#Pyramid
Old 14-05-2006, 05:19 PM   #7
GraveDigger
Game Wizzard

Send a message via ICQ to GraveDigger

2 Colors? hmm... the game seems like an 80's classic and they are not much. Look in that direction and you might find your game.
GraveDigger is offline                         Send a private message to GraveDigger
Old 14-05-2006, 11:56 PM   #8
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

This sounds VERRY familiare. Played something that sounds like this on the family Mac SE in the late 80's.
You had an inventory, could collect gold, food and other things.
Each "level" had a key hidden, you needed to get to the next, and if you encounterd the mummy, you where as good as dead.
You could throw nets over the lions and snakes. Some traps where visible, and you could release them by using a stick (if you had one). Usualy it was a spear-trap, but there where also wind-traps, that would make your lantern go out, and waste oil.

bbl when i've found some screenshots.

EDIT:
oook.. Seems the game was called Scarab of Ra
http://www.semicolon.com/Scarab.html

Old 15-05-2006, 01:45 AM   #9
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Oh, I played ^that^ game. You could pick up mellons and occasionaly there was one that was too ripe and it'd explode. Never got very far in it.

Too bad there's not a window's version. Or a Mac emulator. Na, on second thought I don't need to play it THAT bad.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 16-05-2006, 02:22 AM   #10
Charley W

That's the one, Titan. Thanks for finding it. It never was the greatest game, but not remembering the name has been bugging me. Unfortunately, I have a PC now.

(Damn...)