Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #101
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
- watch the remaining of Star Trek (I will be the only one who saw all the episodes and movies!)
Nope, you're dreaming.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 22-04-2014, 07:11 PM   #102
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
Nope, you're dreaming.
Don't laugh. I alread went through TOS, TAS, TNG (Tier Nan Gorduin is a really famous hungarian character, eh?), DS9, and the first 3 season of Voyager (and the movies, except First Contact, which I stored for later).

And I have my personal notes and logbook on all the episodes to prove it!
Old 22-04-2014, 07:24 PM   #103
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Don't laugh.....
Still laughing, it's about:
Quote:
...... (I will be the only one who saw all the episodes and movies!).......
The only one? Dream on.
Me and myself and moi haz seen everything what's to see about Star Trek, and probably a zillion others also.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 22-04-2014, 10:14 PM   #104
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
The only one? Dream on.
Me and myself and moi haz seen everything what's to see about Star Trek, and probably a zillion others also.
Anyone can say that, but it usually turns out like with a believer (trekies and other core fans are a lot like that): all talk, but nothing to back up. A bit from here, than from there, but missing large chunks, and never from cover to cover.
Old 23-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #105
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
After making a schedule and a lot of consideration I terminated most of my projects.

This includes even such things like The Ultimate Playthrough of Fallout 2. It really aches, but all things shown to take too much time, so I had to make sacrifices.

-------

What remained is:

computer games:
- Rage of Mages 2, hard difficulty fighter playthrough (invested too much time to terminate, despite the bloody troll not dying yet)
- Shadowman
- G.O.L.E.M. (who'll play through all of it if not me?)
- Total Annihilation (not at all top priority, and after a while I might skip this, but yet it is still on the list)

pet project computer games:
- abomination: the nemesis project (where did I put my german-language CD of it???)
- hunted, the demon forge (good game, good game, but not important for me to watch the ending and more)
- baldies (I refuse to delete this game from this list, even though I have 0 chance to pass the level I'm stuck on!)

tv-series:
- watch the remaining of Star Trek (I will be the only one who saw all the episodes and movies!)
- watch the remaining of Xena

books:
-W.A. Harbinson's "Flying Saucer" quadrology, but I seem to lost the 3rd part of the series, so this is only a theoretical issue currently
- Tad William's Otherland cycle (pnetology?). It is long, and after the first two books it is hopeless they'll translate it to my language, so only avaiable on english, but it has very hard language, so it will be a problem
- Justin Cronin's trilogy: the third part is not even made, so...

Wow!Wow!
You are crazy man!!
So many projects? Do You sleep really?
Mamma mia!!!!!

May i recommend You this writer, pls?

Terry Goodkind
(born in 1948) is an American writer and author of the epic fantasy The Sword of Truth series as well as the contemporary suspense novel The Law of Nines, which has ties to his fantasy series, and The Omen Machine, which is a direct sequel thereof. Before his success as an author, Goodkind worked primarily as a painter, as well as doing carpentry and woodworking. Goodkind is a proponent of Ayn Rand's philosophical approach of Objectivism, with references to Rand's ideas and novels in his works. The Sword of Truth series sold twenty-five million copies worldwide and was translated into more than twenty languages. It was adapted into a television series called Legend of the Seeker; it premiered on November 1, 2008, and ran for two seasons, ending in May 2010.
Attached Images
File Type: png Terry.png (183.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 23-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #106
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post

Wow!Wow!
You are crazy man!!
So many projects? Do You sleep really?
Mamma mia!!!!!

May i recommend You this writer, pls?

Terry Goodkind
(born in 1948) is an American writer and author of the epic fantasy The Sword of Truth series as well as the contemporary suspense novel The Law of Nines, which has ties to his fantasy series, and The Omen Machine, which is a direct sequel thereof. Before his success as an author, Goodkind worked primarily as a painter, as well as doing carpentry and woodworking. Goodkind is a proponent of Ayn Rand's philosophical approach of Objectivism, with references to Rand's ideas and novels in his works. The Sword of Truth series sold twenty-five million copies worldwide and was translated into more than twenty languages. It was adapted into a television series called Legend of the Seeker; it premiered on November 1, 2008, and ran for two seasons, ending in May 2010.
I've read the first two of the series, but found his style to simplistic, too dross-literature. Also very chauvinist.
The tv-series had much more developed and well-played characters (well, at least from the point where the blond chick joined - maybe second season). I liked the show, too bad it was gone for the strike. I never really liked Stryker in Mortal Kombat either, but always thought he'd been great movie-material.

Minor note on Objectivism: I accept that PART of reality is mind-independent, but I disagree that all of it is, based on phylosophical reasons and biological studies.
Old 28-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #107
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Rage of Mages 2
pike: 46 shooting: 63
exp: 495K

I runned some test, and figured out the actual HP is saved on the enemy, so I don't have to worry that the troll not died because I don't kill it in one go. Now we only have to figure out its regeneration-rate.

Found some cheat-codes which actually worked too. Turned out I could kill the troll in just matter of minutes, in 5K exp. If I should not move away constantly for being hit.
Good thing is, this proves with my equipment and skill I CAN kill the stupid git, it is just the matter of time to realise the trophy

EDIT1:
Rage of Mages 2
pike: 48
shooting: 65
exp: 600K

This is not hard. This is beyond any limit.

Last edited by twillight; 29-04-2014 at 02:39 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 17-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #108
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Total Annihilation lvl 6 (against Core):
Got some time and finished the level. The trick was to spit on defense whatever the briefing says, just build a shipyard, resource-production, and kill stuff with the commander (meanwhile making submarines as units) discovering the preset enemy ships by radars.

lvl 7 is annoying: the computer is superior in technology in every sense. They still not have a base, so there is no hope of preemptive strike.

lvl 8: annoying level where you can't have a base (again), and must protect 3 ships constantly: the ranger (the only thing what can kill stuff now, too expensive to replace any time), the commander (puts down radars) and a repair ship to fix the commander.
As you shoot things from out-of-view the level is particularly stupid, as you should preserve a certain object. Guess how you find which.

lvl 9: finaly something quick: you do what the briefing say: build the airport, build the carrier, fly over and capture in peace. Easy-peasy.

lvl 10: again you only need the commander and a repairbot. Did I mention the builder-bot can create missile-towers what I found the only solution against the aircraft-nuisance?

lvl 11: Initially you are weak on metal, so you'll need a bunch of Metal Maker (produces metal from energy). Always go to the weakest of resistance, and where you find something cool (metal, geothermal energy) build a minibase with anti-aircraft towers (missile towers if you forgot). Then repair your commander and send it out to the new direction.

lvl 12: same as the previous, but in a resource-rich world.

lvl 13: annoying level because the enemy is plentyful and you can't reach it on foot. You must as soon as possible make a solid base to counter enemy aircraft. Then as fast as possible you must reach the border at the middle as clearing the enemy units massing there can turn impossible otherwise. Metal production is a problem on the level, and the advanced constructors worth practically nothing aside building advanced construction-sites. You NEED advancad ariport, two of it to produce a massive amount of aircraft (let them be stealthers) to be able to defend a landing-position for your commander on the other side of the border.
Oh, and don't even dream being able to shoot the enemy from safe distance by some big guns. That won't work.

lvl 14: build some solar plant to cover your immediate energy-need, build a couple metal plant to cover your immediate metal-need, then build a bot-plant to make a constructor which makes a geothermal plant so you have more energy then you'll ever need.
Next is toi make some advanced constructors to make some moho mines and make 2-3 advanced air-plant where you make stealthers which'll guard your commander who'll destroy everything.
Oh, as the Zeus is just another enemy unit, don't even dream about capturing it. Not that it'd effect anything.

lvl 15: you only have the commander, and a survivor unit runs in too. The "meteor shower" is just in beta-phase, so aside the initial one it won't happen. IMPORTANT: turn shooting to Hold Fire! Not many enemies, so if you built 4-5 solar plant you'll have enough energy to shoot the D-gun.

Last edited by twillight; 21-07-2014 at 09:41 AM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 21-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #109
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Total Annihilation:
lvl 16: Same as before, just initially you have very little metal, but canb uild plenty of geothermal. So you'll needa bunch of stuff to create metal, what means build a sufficient base.
Then build 3-4 adv. airport where you assemble the regular aircraft, what blasts through everything. Make them guard the commander, it makes them more controllable, less voulnerable, and sometimes the commander can blast stuff faster.

lvl 17: you don't have space and energy is insufficient, not to mention metal. So ASAP build solar plants, mines, and advanced airports (2, possible 3 at endgame). It is wise to have 3-5 missile tower too as though the enemy has not much in airforce, but it will send what it has at the beginning.
Forget you ship-armada, it won't work. The enemy has a regiment of warlords, that beats all what cann ot move away. Airplanes can. With a dozen+ plane you can win the entire scenario.
Beware though that you may not destroy the "Silencer" at the middle big island, nor I strongly suspect the atomic power plant.
Hint: the commander when under water is invulnerable. So guarding him is almost sure. But with all the targets around you'll have to hotkey and direct command your airforce!

18: stupid little scenario. Just press "select all unit" and horde the enemy.

19: not much. Lacking air-support and heavy tower-defense you only have to supply energy for the Commander, and occasionally build 3-5 missile tower against the very few planes.

20: a clean-up mission. There is no resistance, and you unfortunately don't need the salvage for anything. Just build 5-7 solar panel and hunt down the stuff. They don't even resist 90% of the time.

21: the enemy lacking air units and the terrain makes you able to immediately build a safe base. Don't bother with anything else than aircraft from units. Build at least 2 energy storer. Then when you have enough planes make them guard the commander and start to play hit&run tactics. The D-gun is just devastating.

22: a stupid mission. You need nothing else but aircraft to kill EVERYTHING on shore (don't worry, there is barely any opposition), THEN you even ahve to build a couple of torpedo launchers (plus maybe sonars) to destroy the submarines. DUMB.

23: build a base (again nothing but airport). Build a Fusion Reactor this time (advanced constructors can build it)! You'll have demand of energy for your troops. The Hawks (stealthy fighters) will clear the whole map for you, except - again - submarines. So when all is dead and silent, build a shipyard, then advanced shipyard, then 3-5 advanced submarines. Win.

24: not much. The AI is not playing hostile. Just build a base, nuclear plant ASAP, 3 adv. airport, hawks, and clear the area. Then bring (build a carrier for style bonus) the Commander to the center. That's it.

25: Strange, not what I remembered. Or maybe I mix it with the other campaign.
Anyway, the attack is not coming, so buil 10 solar panel, 10 metal mine, then 1fusion reactor, 2 moho mine (fun fact: "moho" on hungarian means someone who takes more than fair share) and for the end 4+ airport. Nothing surprising here therefor.

Last edited by twillight; 21-07-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 21-08-2014, 12:30 PM   #110
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Total Annihilation - Against Arm (Core Campaign walkthrough)

1: you get a bunch of troops with no chance to repair. Your goal is to climb up to your Commander (paralyzed, won't be harmed), and this means destroying all enemy. Go upward, and keep your troops in one bunch. Use cover if possible to face only 1 enemy at a time releasing full ammo on that one. Run up ramps as fast as possible, so your shots won't stuck.

2: there are 3 problems on this level: the initial arm arrivals have heavy armor, and/or very fast. So you'll need your Commander to shoot them off. Second: you can not have any repair for your Commander, so best bet is to make a base, clear the outside patrols with your commander, than back off. During this build vehicles in your plant to assault. Third and last problem is the lack of radar. So the last hiding enemy to find is problematic (build scouts and place them systematically, sooner or later they'll find it).

3: Don't mind the attacking Arm, just build like 3 solar panel, than go after them. Walk across the transport-route and destroy the arm units along it. Do not mind any Core unit aside your commander, you can not control them. When you finished in the tunnel build an energy storage, some additional solar panel/mine, and finish the map.

4: I bet you could make an entire army, but just make some basic protection for your energy-supply, and send in the commander to clean the map. Fortunately from now on you have both repair and radar.

5: So, it seems the resource (metal) production will be a problem as advancing, unlike for the other campaign. Here we also start in the middle of the map, AND the enemy has airforce. What we have to destroy.
The aircraft goes down fast for some missile tower, the real annoyance is the source of metal is close to the enemy, which especially likes to ambush your radars. Still not hard.

6: An annoying level because you can't just walk in and win.
At the start Arm has mines all over the hugh map, and will rebuild them constantly, AND will produce a hugh number of fast&cheap units which'll you need the commander to lead against.
So build a basic base and an airport on which build fighters ASAP. Than go out and conquer some territory, aka build your own couple of mines, ever fortifying your new bases with zounds (like 10) missile towers (whatever their name is on this side).
After you have a foothold, send your planes to destroy mines to cut the resources of the enemy (yes, this time this is how it goes). Your planes will be devastated after a while but who cares. Under that time build 3-4 more airports in which start producing a mix of fighters and bombers. None of them are really good, but that's life. You should use them to eliminate the frech mines, plus the enemy constructors, than make them patrol high enough for the entire map preventing the enemy from rebuilding those mines. The map is too hugh to build your own mines there, and probably enemy aircratft or something would cut them down anyway.
When you feel confident enough make your planes assault the enemy, concentrating on the unit-production buildings. If you manage to destroy those buildings, there'll be no more things to build anything for the enemy, so your commander can walk in finally and make you win.

Last edited by twillight; 21-08-2014 at 07:18 PM.