Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-03-2007, 07:42 AM   #71
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Wow, I'd love to check that out Tito, it sounds really cool.

By the way, I just watched Pan's Labrinth this morning (I'm having a day of sick today *cough* *cough*) and it is incredible. The imagery is haunting, and it has the balance between the "fantasy" elements and the "real" world of the Spanish facists is just right. It's a beautiful movie, I think that you'd enjoy it Tito...

Also, I have a horror question if no-one else is asking - What does the female Thai "vampire" look like?
Old 20-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #72
Tito
Alley Cat

Mmmm, I'll search my "World of Darkness" books for something about that Thai vampire. There was one about asian vampires. Maybe I'll even find some inspiration for the March art contest!

About "Pan's Labrinth", I'm eager to watch it. Actually, I worked for a year in a Spanish TV channel (Tele 5), that helped a lot with the production of that film. I hoped that they would give us that film as a present for Cristhmas (they usually do that), but in vain, it seems it was too recent. Now I'll have to buy it or "borrow" it from my cousin.
Old 22-03-2007, 07:32 PM   #73
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Seems this game is more zombie than the Living Dead themselves. One try from me to keep this monster walking:

In a 50's horror movie where a mad professor, hidden in the "Muerto Desert", injects spider genes into women, one lady stands forth as a gem, trying to seduce her victims with a dance so jawdroppingly ridiculous it's really disturbing to watch. What was her character name?
Old 23-03-2007, 12:08 PM   #74
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I've always been a fan of zombies

Welcome back Mighty Midget!

Okey dokey, a thai vampire (which only comes in female form) is basically a disembodies head with guts and tentacles hanging from her neck. She eats new born babies, and handsome men. "Vampire" is the closest equivalent I could figure - In thai she is called Pii Krasue, and she's scary as hell!

Now it's up to someone else, I've run out of gore...
Old 23-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #75
Hadiel
Abandonia nerd

dunno about thai vampires, but the asian vampires (according to the book of nod) are called the Kue Jing. According to Vampire - Bloodlines, their leader is Ming Xiao.

hope this answers some questions.
Hadiel is offline                         Send a private message to Hadiel
Old 24-03-2007, 02:51 AM   #76
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I guess so. I learned about the Pii Krasue from people that actually believe in them. Ghosts are just a regular part of life in Thailand, the "presence of ghosts" has halted the building of bridges, re-routed highway construction, and they live in every stucture made by man.

That's why all thai buildings have little replica houses outside their real house. It's a place where the ghosts can go and chill out, so as not to make problems for the living inside the big house.

According to a friend of mine, my apartment is inhabited by the ghost of a dog and a little girl. I wouldn't know, and I don't really care that much - but it always bemuses and amuses me that eberyone you meet here has such a fundamental belief in the supernatural. It's quite beautiful.
Old 24-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #77
Hadiel
Abandonia nerd

Wow! that's like a guard dog's house, but without the dog and a ghost inside?!?! Mesmerized is me!

As for your appartement, you should tell Sebastianos! He's in the ghost departement, i'm in the undead departement... (???)

Since we're getting warm in the Ghost / Vampire related things, here's a fun one.

Name 4 weaknesses of both ghosts and vampires and (if possible) what they leave behing when they die (again)...

NOTE: there are actually more than 8 for vampires and 5 for ghosts so "git creative!"
Hadiel is offline                         Send a private message to Hadiel
Old 26-03-2007, 04:03 PM   #78
Tito
Alley Cat

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hadiel @ Mar 24 2007, 02:05 PM) [snapback]284797[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Name 4 weaknesses of both ghosts and vampires and (if possible) what they leave behing when they die (again)...
[/b]
I'm not sure if you are asking of 4 weakness that they both have, or 4 for each group of supernatural beings. If it is the later one, I feel it is an impossible task for me :blink:
Old 27-03-2007, 02:08 PM   #79
The Bard
Abandonia Bard

Ok, this ain't so tough, i'll do vampires, since they're easier to me...
Let's see - Garlic, Holy Water, Holy Cross, Silver...
Piece of cake...
Old 27-03-2007, 06:11 PM   #80
Tito
Alley Cat

But until you also say those of a ghost, the requirements won't be fullfilled, the answer won't be correct and you won't have the right to post another question!!!!! And now anyone can steal what you answered to their own benefit, if they know a bit about ghosts!!!

BWAHA HA HAHAHA!!!!

Unfortunately, I don't know much about ghosts.