Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #1
GuestJacob
Default Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday (D-FEND RELOADED)

Hi,

First of all thanks for the site and the games, I intend to start donating about a quid a game once I've had a few positive results.

I've read the forum rules, FAQ and other threads on this issue but unfortunately the help given either doesn't apply to D-FEND RELOADED or I can't make sense of it.

I've downloaded, unzipped and added Buck Rogers to D-FEND, I did it manually so the game folder is all in the D-FEND game folder. Game starts up fine, looks and sounds great, but when I try to save a character I get the 'UNEXPECTED ERROR DURING SAVE' message and that's all she wrote.

I saw another thread on this issue by somebody with poor coping skills who got a little upset and didn't express himself very well, but as I said I couldn't quite follow the advice he was given. I appreciate that you guys want to get people enabled to fiddle around with DOSBOX and use MSDOS but to be honest I'm not willing to invest the time, if there's a workaround that involves clicking and dragging and renaming files or folders or using the D-FEND interface I'd really appreciate having it explained to me, but if the only solution is to start working directly in MSDOS I'll give the game a miss and wait for someone to write a better emulation program.

Thanks for your help

Jacob

Old 06-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #2
Japo
Autonomous human

If you get errors during saving, provided the folders are correctly mounted, I can think of the files being read-only: select all game files, right click, "properties".

Or also possibly Windows access (UAC etc.) problems.

Did you get the game from Abandonia, so I can check if there's anything wrong with our archive? Also which of the Buck Rogers games was it?

Otherwise it's true that most people regularly over here don't use Dfend much, so at least I can't give expert advice about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestJacob View Post
if there's a workaround that involves clicking and dragging
Then you could try this:
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=17498

although if the game starts and the problem appear only afterwards, it should imply that the folder mounting on Dfend was correct.