Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-05-2021, 09:08 PM   #1
Hunter Hunted
Abandonia nerd

Thumbs down It breaks my heart to see that Resident Evil is dog shit now!

Now these are just my opinions. OK? You don't have to agree.

Anyway, I loved RE2 to death after I played it in 1999. Since then though, the franchise has been turned into a mess with all of these action games, lousy spin off games, Hollywood movies, and soulless remakes.

Yep. I did play RE8. That game is really stupid. I won't post any specific spoilers, but the game just has a lot of laughable sections, even for a franchise as far out as RE often was over the years. Chris Redfield feels forced in now, and you can tell Capcom just hasn't got a clue anymore. To make matters worse, every game ends with a hint of sorts about a continuation, but they would rather carry on with Ethan Winters and forget about all of the classic characters like Claire, Ada, and whoever else is popular. Like Jill for example.

Lady Dimitrescu is also stupid, with all of these tribute videos and memes. It's honestly disgraceful. But I do think Capcom cares mostly about the so-called fans that started with overrated games such as RE4.
Hunter Hunted is offline                         Send a private message to Hunter Hunted
Old 31-05-2021, 02:23 PM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Well, I didn't play the RE series since 90s, but I heard it went bad since RE5, so nothing new in this aspect. But, on the other hand, they made (as I heard) faithful remakes of 1, 2 and 0, so it's a definitively a big plus. So I wouldn't despair in your place: it could be much worse. Silent Hill, for example, never recovered after the third part.
Old 27-06-2021, 09:13 AM   #3
Hunter Hunted
Abandonia nerd

Smile

I agree.

Team Silent for life!
Hunter Hunted is offline                         Send a private message to Hunter Hunted