Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #301
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyJJ View Post
well i haven't seen anybody talking about it here - the download here on Abandonia kinda lacks the videos, right? i can run the game properly, everything works, except for the videos. in the FLICKS directory there are just the subtitles (it has like 65kb). am i missing something, or is the game missing videos?
Yes, it's ripped.

If we find the full CD we can add an external download link to the ISO Cellar, but we can't host such a big archive ourselves.
Old 14-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #302
Guest CA
Talking Loved it

Great Game
Loved to play it 'til the end. Great memories it brings. Had a bug late in the game that when played in a certain order it freezes the game. Crusader No regret was also good. A few weeks ago I was cleaning my memories corner e found those two. I installed them again but the pc was with some glitches that didn't let me played them. :S But at least "Lucas Arts - The Dig" did.

Old 14-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #303
Ampee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
Yes, it's ripped.

If we find the full CD we can add an external download link to the ISO Cellar, but we can't host such a big archive ourselves.
I have crusader no remorse and no regret (original). And i think i've already upped it to rapidshare. If you're interested i can take a look at those links.
Ampee is offline                         Send a private message to Ampee
Old 14-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #304
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

We have No Remorse at the ISO Cellar. No Regret is protected and cannot be offered for download.
Old 14-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #305
allthumbs
Forum hobbit

Is there a way to use the main download rip for this game here on Abandonia and somehow add the missing video files without getting the isos for the whole game from the ISO cellar? Thanks

edit - actually, how many cutscenes are there besides the opening cinematic - maybe it's not worth the trouble?

Last edited by allthumbs; 14-05-2011 at 07:24 PM.
allthumbs is offline                         Send a private message to allthumbs
Old 14-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #306
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthumbs View Post
Is there a way to use the main download rip for this game here on Abandonia and somehow add the missing video files without getting the isos for the whole game from the ISO cellar?
AFAIK, there isn't.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-05-2011, 08:29 PM   #307
allthumbs
Forum hobbit

Do I recall right that the cutscenes are in some format that isn't very Win 7 friendly anyway?

Also, is there an inventory screen that tells me about the weapon I have equipped?

Last edited by allthumbs; 14-05-2011 at 08:35 PM.
allthumbs is offline                         Send a private message to allthumbs
Old 15-05-2011, 01:50 AM   #308
allthumbs
Forum hobbit

I have downloaded all the files from the ISO cellar, and mounted them to a disc. I managed to get the game to run, but there are no cutscenes and there is no sound. I see the avi files are in the FLIC folder. I ran the install and set the port to 240, the IRQ to 5, and the DMA at 3. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Edit - here is the error I get
It's a flashing orange screen that says this:

Using map patch file
Fatal error 286.3330
General protection fault detected

Do I need to convert the AVI files or something?

Then I get a command line

Last edited by allthumbs; 15-05-2011 at 02:39 AM.
Old 15-05-2011, 02:53 AM   #309
allthumbs
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
In DOSBox you need to mount the CD or else the game won't have access to it, use the MOUNT command. See DOSBox's README.TXT for details but this should work if you CD drive letter is D:

Code:
mount d d:\ -t cdrom -label CRUSADER
As for the sound you can first try in-game accessing the options from the game menu. If that doesn't work, edit CRUSADER.CFG and make sure there are lines reading like this (for DOSBox's default sound card settings and if the CD is mounted in DOSBox as the D: drive):

Code:
sound=on
music=on
port=0x220
irq=7
dma=1
soundcard=3
cdletter=d
flicpath=\flics
Don't add these lines, just edit the existing ones changing the text after the "=" in each line.
This did it! Thank you!
Old 17-05-2011, 01:20 AM   #310
allthumbs
Forum hobbit

Me again. Sorry. The game plays wonderfully. I have a question about the item inventory, though. There is an object that is in my inventory that is silver and has a green and red button in the front, and smaller blue, green and red buttons across the top. When I press the U key to use it, it skips ahead to the energy cube and beeps, then immediately goes back to the original mystery item. What is it? Thanks