Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-01-2007, 11:40 AM   #221
belfast-child

I played Crusader 1 when it first came out and spent several month having fun with it. My friend and i used to compete in a cool game : how far can you get without saving. Doing so i replay the first four level many (i mean many) times. I got to half of level 5 and my friend ended up beating me by finishing that level.

I also played Crusader 2 but a lot less. It came out for xmas that year and had a cool christmas song at the begining.

Now i still have both games but don't know how to have them to work on XP. Can anyone help me? Or can i download a version here that i can play on dosbox which i already use for King's quest and all? I tried to install my cds from Crusader : No remorse via dosbox but it didn't work. I am no comp wiz but if someone could tell me how i can play that great game once more it would be fully appreciated.

Thaks in advance,

Play on!

Old 22-01-2007, 02:14 PM   #222
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You say you couldn't install the game from your CD... what was the exact problem?
Did you mount the CD drive (or, alternatively, the ISO image) correctly?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #223

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jan 22 2007, 03:14 PM) [snapback]276002[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
You say you couldn't install the game from your CD... what was the exact problem?
Did you mount the CD drive (or, alternatively, the ISO image) correctly?
[/b]
First of, thanks for your response. I feel less lonely now ;-)

In fact the game installs but nothing is working at normal speed everything (sound included) is repeated many many times. The origin logo, the v-mail at the begining and of course the game play. It is virtually impossible to play. I would make a move and see my silencer do it VERY slowly and repeatedly. The first worker i meet says "your your our our not rnot otsupo supo suposed posed to be to be be here here"... Argh ill let you see if im supposed to be here as soon as the game works fine!

Thx for your help

Old 23-01-2007, 12:28 PM   #224
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Increase the cycles at which Dosbox is running.
If your machine has problems handling high enough cyclecount to make the game run smooth, change core to Dynamic and increase frameskip.
Also, you might try making an ISO of the disc and using it instead of your actual drive through the IMGMOUNT command. I know from my own experience that this can help in such situations.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-01-2007, 03:02 AM   #225

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jan 23 2007, 01:28 PM) [snapback]276116[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Increase the cycles at which Dosbox is running.
If your machine has problems handling high enough cyclecount to make the game run smooth, change core to Dynamic and increase frameskip.
Also, you might try making an ISO of the disc and using it instead of your actual drive through the IMGMOUNT command. I know from my own experience that this can help in such situations.
[/b]
Well, thanks again. Increasing the cycles did the trick. Now i can play the game again and go back to some fond memories.

And i know one worker who met my gun and paid for all the wait...

Again i appreciate your help

The Silencer

Old 11-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #226
Jabakaduras

I downloaded full version of crusader no remorse and i can't watch cut scenes and talk with characters ! How can i fix it ??

Old 11-04-2007, 12:02 PM   #227
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Are you sure the version you downloaded is full and not a CD-Rip?
How large is the archive?

-- Reed Richards
Old 11-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #228

I downloaded the ISO disc image - so it must be Full...

Old 06-05-2007, 08:57 PM   #229

hi, can somebode help me to get the game?
(FTp Adress, file transfer....)

Old 07-05-2007, 11:58 AM   #230
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

This game is under protection of ESA (Entertainment Software Association) and it CAN NOT BE DOWNLOADED!
We also can't provide you with information on where or how to get it.

You can find more about The ESA here. If you ended up here you probably requested a game from one of the game production companies that are members of The ESA.

You can find the list of ESA members here and get in touch with the company who's game you would like to obtain.

Any further inquiries regarding this matter can be directed here.

-- Reed Richards