Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-01-2006, 11:21 PM   #21

Reminds me of good old times. And If I remember correctly, there was a cameo appearance of the spice girls?

Old 30-01-2006, 02:22 AM   #22
Kearnsy
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Jan 30 2006, 12:21 AM
Reminds me of good old times. And If I remember correctly, there was a cameo appearance of the spice girls?
LOL LOL
There is a character called Spice who looks exactly like one of them!
Didn't think of that! LOL LOL
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 21-02-2006, 09:41 PM   #23
SV650S

:angry: I don't usually post negative posts about games, but I feel like I have to for this one. My advice is to not bother with this game. I'm not a big fan of side-scrollers to begin with. The graphics were decent. but the controls were incredibly clumsy (especially if you're using a laptop). THEN I couldn't get it to shut down, I just kept hitting keys until finally after hitting ctrl-alt-del a few times it minimized and I closed it from windows. NOW it won't let me delete it from my computer!!! It says it's in use. Hopefully it will delete after I reboot, if not i'll be pissed.

Anyways, unless you're a HUGE Batman fan & side-scrolling game fan, forget about this one. There are way too many good games on this site to worry about this one.

SV650S is offline                         Send a private message to SV650S
Old 28-03-2006, 12:05 AM   #24
Forgotmyname

Quote:
Originally posted by SV650S@Feb 21 2006, 10:41 PM
THEN I couldn't get it to shut down, I just kept hitting keys until finally after hitting ctrl-alt-del a few times it minimized and I closed it from windows.* NOW it won't let me delete it from my computer!!!* It says it's in use.* Hopefully it will delete after I reboot, if not i'll be pissed.

Looks like the key combination how to quit the game must also been in the manual.
Press <alt> + <Q> anytime to kill the caped crusader.

Old 18-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #25
Whatsit2u

I've now encountered a few of the already mentioned obstacles and I haven't even seen a game screen yet. Firstly, when I open the exe in dosbox it either freezes or make dos-like trouble regarding drives etc. And secondly, if it actually runs the exe all I get to see is the "starscreen" mentioned in another post. And lastly, it wont be deleted from my machine due to it beung used by another application etc. Not worth the bother, I reckon.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:59 AM   #26
Max Kool

I'm surprised this game has such a low score and people have posted such negative opinions of it. I loved this game and played it a lot when it came out. The big problem it does have is the controls, which you can't change and if you don't have the manual you have to figure out on your own. I remember when I first played it I couldn't even reach level 2 because at some point you were supposed to used your grappling hook thing to climb through a hole in the ceiling and I didn't even know there was a grappling hook and it only worked if you pressed the right key in conjunction with the up key so this was a doozie to figure out.

But all in all the game was a lot of fun and I used to play it all the time with a couple of mates. I especially liked the riddles which were pretty well thought out and if you could figure them out you'd find some secret areas.

Would I recommend this game today? Hmm, not sure, I for one wouldn't replay it now. But I think it was a great game in its day!

Old 16-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #27
devilisme

Yay!
i finally solved the starscreen problem (DosBox).. :laugh:
to solve the problem, u just need to mount cd-rom..

mount d: D:\ -t cdrom

juz change D:\ with your cdrom drive or any filedirectory.. problem solved..
i always wanted to play this game n i finally could, yay!
devilisme is offline                         Send a private message to devilisme
Old 30-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #28
Constantine_R

The manuals are from Batman Forever: The Arcade Game, not from Batman Forever.
Constantine_R is offline                         Send a private message to Constantine_R
Old 30-12-2014, 07:09 PM   #29
MSDOS4Ever

Still better than Arkham Origins.
MSDOS4Ever is offline                         Send a private message to MSDOS4Ever
Old 08-04-2015, 03:49 AM   #30
slx
Abandonia nerd

In the 'Batman - The Caped Crusader'
the <alt> + <Q> key combo doesn't work to kill the caped crusader!
I don't know how to exit from this game! Space + down brings up the menu (or something like that) but I can't exit from there either!

Is there one forum for two games, 'Batman - The Caped Crusader' and the 'Batman Forever'?

Last edited by slx; 08-04-2015 at 03:55 AM. Reason: One forum for two games
slx is offline                         Send a private message to slx