Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-01-2005, 10:16 AM   #1
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

Maybe this game is too new to discuss on a site like this but i need to get it of my chest...

This game isnt that good as almost every magazine is saying...it isnt that true classic like part 1 was (at least for me)

It's hard to explain but the whole game got an arcade feeling, the enemy`s are really stupid, the area`s are totally uninspired and most of all: The whole game doesnt got an own Identity...

Of course the graphics are fabolous, the whole new engine is cool with the new puzzles you can do (with the gravity gun) but the shooting part is really weak..

You doesnt even hit the enemy`s full in the face to make headshots and when just warmed up with some nice kills it`s already over because the game is just soo easy...(i play it on normal level...but only died 3 times and already half way the game...)

So am i the only one who thinks this game is not more then a funny shooter to play but never deserve a classic status???
Old 09-01-2005, 11:08 AM   #2
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Its a great game.
But I think its unfair that, while Halo 2 gets bashed for a sudden ending, Half-Life 2 gets off scott-free doing the exact same thing.

I enjoyed playing Half-Life 2, except at some points where it became a bit dull.

Its a good game which, sadly, doesn't reveal much about the Half Life story (it doesn't even give a lot of clues)

All in all its a good game but, except for grapics and the engine, not much better than Halo 2 (atleast Halo 2 gave the player some new info rather than leaving him or her clueless)

EDIT: as a sidenote, why did you post it in Favourite Oldies?
a. its not your favourite game as the post says
b. as you have already said, its not an oldie.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:46 AM   #3
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

Didnt know where is should belonge else :blink:
Old 09-01-2005, 11:49 AM   #4
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

This thread is in exactly the right place. General games discussion should take place here.

Half Life 2 was okay but at points too hard or too easy and sometimes a little dull. I had expected more from the graphics, they dissapointed at times and generally lagged behind those in Doom3. The details where missing. The gameplay is great generally. I did not like some of the monsters though. They did not react right. The bugs (the creatures not the crashes) where the biggest dissapointment. When I saw them I immidiatly thought "starship troopers" and how the beast could be shot up but in the game themselves it worked totally different. I was dissapointed that there was no animation for bullets entering their bodies and that they did not plow on even though they had lost a limb (they could not even lose a limb). The same holds true for the rest of the creatures and other enemies but to a lesser degree.

Still a very good game.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 09-01-2005, 12:02 PM   #5
xoopx
Hero Gamer

doesnt look like ill ever play this game, because i refuse to buy valve products anymore out of principle. they ruined counter-strike, enforced STEAM on people who didnt buy half-life to use on STEAM, and allow cheaters (either because theyre too lazy/stupid/cheap to fix the hacks, or allow it because so many morons like to cheat its easier keeping their cheating customers happy)
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 09-01-2005, 12:18 PM   #6
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by wormpaul@Jan 9 2005, 11:16 AM
This game isnt that good as almost every magazine is saying...
Never believe the hype!
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 09-01-2005, 12:39 PM   #7
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

they also killed dod....
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon
Old 09-01-2005, 01:16 PM   #8
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ioncannon@Jan 9 2005, 01:39 PM
they also killed dod....
oh yeah i forgot about dod for the 'ever been addicted to a videogame' post LOL.
oh and 'urban terror' or whatever it was called on quake3
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 09-01-2005, 03:11 PM   #9
mika
Games Master

I dunno guys - I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Some things bothered me too , but then there's always something wrong with every game isn't there
One thing that got to me was that once you got the Ant Lion "gun" you could only use it in predefined places - stupid. And the ending was a little too abrupt for my tastes - still - graphics are very good - and much better than the claustrophobic feel of Doom 3 in my opinion. They're colourfull and very realistic. They also could have used more vehicles in the game, although the ones they have are loads of fun. Although you might be right about the story not being as good as the first one, but that always kinda happens with sequels anyway - plus the story's not really finished so who knows.,

Plus - STEAM sucks balls! The game has definitely got the worst installation procedure of all time, and if more games employ it, it will be the demise of PC gaming.
mika is offline                         Send a private message to mika
Old 09-01-2005, 03:18 PM   #10
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I enjoyed half life 2 as well. The hype gets to me though. Everyone lauding it as the best game in history. That is just B.S.. There are many games that have been more revolutionary then HL2 and graphically the game had been surpassed even before it was released. STEAM is also a reason you might want to stear clear of the game. I hate being forced to use it. I am thinking twice next time I am thinking of buying a Valve game.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles