Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-04-2005, 03:51 AM   #11
red_avatar
Administrator

Haha, I thought "Slicks & Slide" immediately too - and Slicks & Slide was released in 1994 so if the webpage is right, it came first. Of course Slicks & Slide was a rip off of another game on Amiga I seem to recall but don't ask me which one.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 22-04-2005, 05:08 AM   #12
parska
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Micge@Apr 21 2005, 10:22 PM
I took a look an SnS says Copyright 1994-2001 thought the guy still sells it. And this super speed is 1995. could it be it was ripped off an early version of SnS? SnS is a REALLY great game btw with all the different types of vehicles and their properties and all the upgrades you can build during a long series of races. definately beats SS.
Registering costs 5-10 €, can't recall how much excatly

it gets boring pretty soon if you are playing against computer...
parska is offline                         Send a private message to parska
Old 22-04-2005, 06:26 AM   #13
Timpsi
Hero Gamer

Super Sprint was the game this and Slicks copied - but Slicks & Slide is still the best one of them all. The playability in that is something so good that it's out of this world. Totally worth the registering price.

Turbo Sliders is a similar game with internet multiplayer. Quite nice.
Old 18-07-2008, 11:37 PM   #14
KrisViking

Cool Tons of fun in 1995

I remember the demo of this(Not the Deluxe version) game back in 1995 which my dad got on a 3,5 inch floppy from some magazine. Remember when you could get tons of games onto a 1,44mb floppy? Those were the days. hehe Anyway... We installed it on my dads 25mhz 486 and played it quite alot even though we didn't think it was THAT good. The game has it's moments though if I would go with an old car game I would probably go with Broderbund's Stunts instead. Download it, it's a nice little break actually as long as you're not a picky modern gamer who thinks that last years games have horrible graphics.
KrisViking is offline                         Send a private message to KrisViking
Old 13-01-2011, 03:58 AM   #15
Infernostar18
Lurker

Yessir! those were the days.i had this origional game on my pc back in 1996. i was only 4 at the time and had a very firm grasp on what it was like to use dos. i can recall playing this game as though it were yesterday. im 19 now. damn! this brings me back. holy! All the wrong way signs, the hours spent on just one track because lets face it, i was 4. i had the time of my life just playin those old games on my dads 286. Stunts, doom, commander keen 5, police quest, superspeed, aww good times.
Infernostar18 is offline                         Send a private message to Infernostar18