Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #11
Japo
Autonomous human

OK thanks. I've downloaded it, but I don't know when I will have time to try it.
Old 30-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #12
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

I checked it. Well, it definitely tries to found something on CD. Maybe CD-audio, because entry .cdaudio. visible just after this message. And as this version is not real CD, it fails. I think, only "real" CD-version will help in that case.

Also, I can confirm that all strings are translated. Question is - what about video and (possible) CD-audio?

--update--
German CD-version can be snatched from certain torrent site. And it is 640Mb. I will check it.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 01-10-2011, 01:48 AM   #13
songbird

Thanks for input Smiling Spectre!

I've burned the game to disk and still the message appears telling me to put the CD in the drive...

I've played around with drive letter changes to address any drive hierarchy issues. If I change the folder destination in the installation .ini I get an error as well.

I suspect this will take someone skilled enough to generate a no-cd patch for the .exe file, something beyond my humble skills.
songbird is offline                         Send a private message to songbird
Old 01-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #14
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

songbird, main problem with CD-checks that they seeks for something particular. It could be certain "obsolete" file, certain order of tracks, "obsolete" bytes in "unused" part of disc or simply name of CD. And it is obviously missed from your custom-made CD. I think, it could be guessed/hacked from main exe, but as there is "legit" CD-image exist, it's much simpler to take it and look inside.

I am still in process of downloading it, so I will say when I'll check it.

---addition---
Oops. It is DOS-version, and it is home-made disk too. Pity.

Anyway, it's working. It must not, but it is! I investigated an issue. As I suspected, it's a simply CD-audio. Remove "music" check from menu at top, and issue will disappears for you too.

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 01-10-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 01-10-2011, 11:51 PM   #15
songbird

Thats what I get for trying to think too hard to solve the problem!!!

Thanks for such a simple fix

Being home-made, does that disqualify it from being added to Abandonia? After all, it is what is the same software being offered as freeware elsewhere and it seems a shame not to offer this game in English to an audience that has never played the game

Anyways, look to my next post for a new offering for which I do have the disk and the manual (which is on the disk and a pdf).
Old 01-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #16
songbird

Default Alien Logic CD-ROM

Not a rip!

CD-ROM as an ISO or whatever the community wants the file to be. Purchased with the the rare manual in pdf ON the CD.

I will also provide my D-Fend Reloaded (dosbox) profile for the game as it is notoriously difficult to get the game to run due to sound issues.

The profile offers a flawless game on DosBox

Tell me if we want it uploaded!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:15 AM   #17
Japo
Autonomous human

Although we want to have the original or the closest possible, a game can still be eligible even if we can only find an imperfect or cracked copy. It only depends on whether it's sold or protected.

Between the DOS and Windows versions, we should have both; sometimes there are differences. Although I think we never quite came to a decision on what to do with different ports of the same game--whether to give them separate reviews, or put the Windows version up as main download, and the DOS one as extra.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:19 AM   #18
songbird

In response to this thread: http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sho...ht=alien+logic

I have uploaded the requested and approved Alien Logic (skyrealms of jorune) game to folder "songbird12".

The cd is in CUE/BIN format and the manual is on the cd image. As this is a finicky game to run in dosbox, I also uploaded the d-fend reloaded (dosbox front) profile for easy installation.

If what is needed is a review to get the game posted, let me know and I'll write something-up in the next several weeks; this game is one of my favorites!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #19
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I think, I can now upload DOS-version with audio and make Win-version with the same audio too. If it is safe, of course.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #20
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

ONE Thread for any submission from you, so please dont create a second Thread. Thank you.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco