Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-04-2005, 03:30 PM   #51
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Probably because the reviewer didn't have them put on when they took the screens?
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 26-04-2005, 02:10 AM   #52
reaperman93010

I miss this game so much! It warped my little mind as a child. Talk about atmosphere! as I look back on my life of video game playing, this is probably my single favorite. There just has never been another game like it.

and the ending is perfect, all that work really pays off *l*

I haven't been able to get the amiga version going, but the PC one works fine on my dos-xbox.

now if I just remember how to solve all those insanely hard puzzles... no walkthrough for me this time.

Old 14-07-2005, 05:29 PM   #53
Davius

Hi everyone! I've just found this website today after doing a search for Dreamweb. I remember playing the demo years ago on my Amiga and thinking it was great, but I could never find the full version in the shops. I did eventually find the CD 'Talkie' version for PC second hand three or four years ago... and I was lucky enough to get the 'Diary of a (Mad?)Man' with it!

I had difficulties getting it to run properly back then, but I eventually got it to work with DOSBox. The Amiga version also looks good in WinUAE, and I have found I'm able to play the version I downloaded from this website using DOSBox with no problems.

It's good to see that there are still some fans of Dreamweb. It's a great game with a nice and spooky atmosphere. It doesn't seem to be remembered as much as other adventure games like Beneath a Steel Sky, Monkey Island and Simon the Sorcerer, but I think it's a classic all the same.
Davius is offline                         Send a private message to Davius
Old 16-07-2005, 02:54 PM   #54
Banjo

Hi Davius!

At the risk of repeating myself, Dreamweb is simply awesome! Together with the Manhunter games from Sierra, it's one of the games oft-overlooked or unknown by others, yet stirs up real nostalgia and memories for me.

Having just got a new whiz-bang PC (where I actually NEED DOS-Box as poosed to owning one! LOL!), I intend to play around tomorrow to get Dreamweb up and running again.

Cheers,
Banjo

PS And as far as I'm concerned (re: the review on this site), Dreamweb is a darn sight better (and original!) than 'The Matrix'!!!
Banjo is offline                         Send a private message to Banjo
Old 07-08-2005, 11:17 PM   #55

:help:
I played Dreamweb a few years ago and I loved it, but after loading and pushing the cart the game would always crash so I never finished it. :ranting: Now I downoaded it in hopes of finally finishing it and it freezes when I try to pick up the rocks to put in the cart.

Strangely this doesn't allways happen on the same rock. In my first run it would happen on the 6th (regardless of which rock that was), when I loaded an earlier game I managed to get seven before it froze on the 8th. It doesn't seem to matter if the previous rocks are in my inventory or in the cart. I tried this on different computers in DOS and with DOSBox (in Win98 and WinXP) and on different downloads (from here and HOTU - they seem identical) and it's allways the same.

Does anybody know why this happens and how I can fix it. If not, could I mail somebody my savegame so you can load the cart for me?

Old 08-08-2005, 06:32 AM   #56
Banjo

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Aug 7 2005, 11:17 PM
Does anybody know why this happens and how I can fix it. If not, could I mail somebody my savegame so you can load the cart for me?
Hi!

I'm not sure why that's happening, though I seem to recall that part always being a little "troublesome" for some folks, though don't quote me on that.

I'm happy for you to send me your save and I'll see how it works on my machine and if I can pass that bit for you. (I've only just started using Doxbox and am surprised at how well almost every old game runs at full speed... I was thinking I'd made a mistake getting XP on my new computer!).

The only thing is, I play the CD version (I own the original), so if the two aren't compatible, I'll have to see if I can get the disk version I downloaded (yeah, I love the game that much) set up first.

But I hope I can yelp ya, anyway! Email me (this forum has a button for that, right?) the save and/or any other questions or problems.

Cheers,
Banjo
Banjo is offline                         Send a private message to Banjo
Old 30-08-2005, 07:01 PM   #57
g. jobim

Ah, Dreamweb! One of the greatest games of all time, one of my favourite adventure games, a few others being Beneath a Steel Sky, Relentless and Twinsen's Odyssey.

Dreamweb is one of the most immersive games I've ever played. It's a great place to be. I totally disagree with the reviewer, about the useless objects. They add so much to the atmosphere! It feels like a real world. You can examine and collect peas, broken stuff... It's brilliant. I only notice this things being made now in those newer 3D shooters like Half-Life 2, where you can pick up and interact all kinds of stuff. Maybe they've been doing this for some time, but I rarely play anything at all these days (university, work... what a dull life).

I must've played Dreamweb two or three times. I also repeat what others have said: the atmosphere. The excellent sounds, the marvellous music... I could listen to that rain for hours... I've always been a fan of game soundtracks. I also got stuck sometimes, eventually needed a walkthrough. Perhaps I still have it somewhere, printed by a dot matrix printer on a continuous form paper...

I would be deeply thankful if someone could send me the CD files, with the voices... please contact me through ICQ (5727909), m$n (pepeeditiones@hotmail.com) or soulseek (zeurbano) .... I hope the sounds and music are the same. The music from the Beneath a Steel Sky CD for example has this terrible polished sound, much worse than the original 8-bit soundtrack...

Old 30-09-2005, 01:02 PM   #58

I got this game on CD

Old 30-09-2005, 01:31 PM   #59
Gelfo
Game freak

Congratulations..

Dreamweb is ace isnt it. I love the diary of a mad man (thanks for having it up for DL!). I remember one of the poems in it was used in a magazine advertising campaign for the game

"The clock keeps going round
It wont tell me the time
Santa Clause gave a gun to me
Let loose the puppies of war
I died last night"

Brilliance!
Old 27-10-2005, 09:58 PM   #60
Quitch

Question: I want to go back into Eden's apartment, but when I approach the front door from the pavement I get no blue arrow. Attempting to use the door tells me it will open when I approach, which it isn't doing.

I know you need certain items from the apartment, and I want to scan it again in case I missed something.
Quitch is offline                         Send a private message to Quitch