Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 01:21 PM   #11
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

I have nothing against it, although i would like to see my errors(a PM will do just that )
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 03-03-2005, 01:28 PM   #12
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

I did 2 reviews (with Kiddiarni)..
You can read over them.. But please let me know about the errors you (probably) find
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 03-03-2005, 04:01 PM   #13
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

Go ahead...
Old 03-03-2005, 04:11 PM   #14
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

I would quite like to be able to join this grammar group.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 03-03-2005, 04:13 PM   #15
Strobe
Home Sweet Abandonia

i've done three reviews so far....and yes, feel free to edit all mistakes you come
across!

if it's ok for you then plz hit me with a brief PM about the issues... but it's not
absolutely necessary!
Strobe is offline                         Send a private message to Strobe
Old 03-03-2005, 05:00 PM   #16
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Feel free to correct my mistakes, BUT please report me errors so that I don't make them in future. Thank you! k:
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero
Old 03-03-2005, 07:10 PM   #17
einherjar

Quote:
Originally posted by beefonthebone
im not sure, but you may well have given up the rights to it; reviews certainly do become the property of abandonia, so we'll be editing anything we don't get a flat refusal on from the author, and in that case we'll have to discuss it with them.
I meant the idea for a grammar group, if you took the time to read what I had written.

You might as well look my reviews over, though I daresay you will not find any errors.

Old 04-03-2005, 01:46 AM   #18
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Mar 3 2005, 04:07 PM
The team consists of myself, Ababo, Taikara and Fruit Pie Jones,...
Some thoughts:
-The Grammar forum is probably available only for the people who are in it. I already said, that it would be a good idea if updaters (the people who actually can edit a review would be able to see that forum).
-Some reviews were already edited (just look at the Stickler for Grammar thread)
- I don't mind my reviews being edited, but do contact me before that - the person correcting mistakes doesn't know what the reviewer wanted to say. So by changing something the meaning might get lost. Happened with the Asterix review...
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 04-03-2005, 04:30 AM   #19
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

If the meaning of a sentence's not obvious, it gives more reason to change it so it makes sense. Also, as an updater, I don't feel the urge to see the grammar forum. I don't see why we should, as we're a completely different group and would just make work harder for the grammar squad.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 04-03-2005, 04:42 AM   #20
taikara
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos+Mar 4 2005, 02:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sebatianos @ Mar 4 2005, 02:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-BeefontheBone@Mar 3 2005, 04:07 PM
The team consists of myself, Ababo, Taikara and Fruit Pie Jones,...
Some thoughts:
-The Grammar forum is probably available only for the people who are in it. I already said, that it would be a good idea if updaters (the people who actually can edit a review would be able to see that forum).
-Some reviews were already edited (just look at the Stickler for Grammar thread)
- I don't mind my reviews being edited, but do contact me before that - the person correcting mistakes doesn't know what the reviewer wanted to say. So by changing something the meaning might get lost. Happened with the Asterix review...[/b][/quote]
Personally, I'm not changing the content of reviews, just changing the grammar. Punctuation, spelling errors, etc.

The only cases I change the actual content are:

1) A word is non-existant or makes no sense in context, in which case I would contact the reviewer.
2) A sentence which is structured so awkwardly that it makes no sense, in which case, I would just correct the structure. In extreme cases I would contact the reviewer, if it is not obvious what the reviewer is trying to say.

In other words, if I really have absolutely no idea what is trying to be said, I will contact the reviewer. Otherwise, it is fairly straightforward. We also back up the original and the final drafts in case there is a point of contention.

With 400+ reviews, we unfortunately don't have time to check with someone every single time we edit a review.

As for updaters having access, I'm not sure there's a need for that yet. The editing process is still fairly slow, and we have organized an approach that should work just fine for now. We can discuss it, though, and let you know
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Closed Thread