Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-06-2005, 08:14 AM   #21
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Frodo@Jun 28 2005, 06:42 PM
I like Guns And Roses best.

I must be one of the few people to still believe they will release a new album (the infamous Chinese Democracy).

I also like Sisters Of Mercy, The Mission, and Muse. LOL
I wouldn't call Muse Metal so much, as more like harder rock. They remind me of Metallica in their musicality, but they really aren't harsh enough to be metal (in my oppinion)
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 29-06-2005, 08:56 AM   #22
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Hammerfall - can never really get enough of them.
I especially like Way of the Warrior. On earphones and really, really LOUD setting. Then I sing to the lyrics. Works like 220v right into the brain.
Other songs aint bad either - Templars of Steel, The Metal Age etc, altough I'm not really sure if I like their most recent album. Most of the songs just aint got the same feel like the older albums. And I definitely don't like those weak pieces that were present in Crimson Thunder album.

Manowar - a few of their songs are actually nice. Hail and Kill (HAIL! HAIL! HAIL-AND-KILL!), Dawn of Battle, Return of the Warlord and Battle Hymns are fairly decent.

Amon Amarth - sometimes I just get so f***ing depressed. So then I fire up either Legend or Death in Fire tracks and after a few repeats I get a lot psyched up. Just what I need these times.

Ensiferum - Some Viking Metal doesn't hurt from time to time

Thyrfing - see Ensiferum...

I'm not really sure if Inkubus Sukkubus qualifies as Gothic Metal or not. Some of their songs seem like that, and at the same time some don't.

Quote:
well, if you live in denmark, just take a trip a few miles south to the "Wacken Open Air Festival 2005" this august. It's in germany's far north and one of the world's biggest Metal-festivals.
Wacken... where did I hear this name... Ah-ha! Hammerfall once did a live play there, right?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-06-2005, 11:01 AM   #23
Apocalypse Dude
Super Freak

@ Frodo, I like the old Guns 'n Roses aswell but I don't think that Chinese Democracy will ever see the light of day. And if it does It's just not the same without Slash, Duff and Matt. Like geez, the new guitarist calls himself buckethead!?!?! :eeeeeh:
Apocalypse Dude is offline                         Send a private message to Apocalypse Dude
Old 29-06-2005, 11:33 AM   #24
Dino
Call me Edmund

I agree... You know, IMHO, G'n'R DON'T and CAN'T exist without Slash.
Old 29-06-2005, 01:06 PM   #25
Apocalypse Dude
Super Freak

But if you like that classic G 'n R sound you should listen to Velvet Revolver. The new band featuring Slash Duff and Matt from G 'n R. Good old classic sleash rock
Apocalypse Dude is offline                         Send a private message to Apocalypse Dude
Old 29-06-2005, 01:31 PM   #26
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

My favourite genres: doom (especially funeral doom, less trad doom), black (both keyboard black and more old school types), some death metal,...

The genres I never got into are power and heavy metal. I leave out nu-"metal" for obvious reasons
Old 29-06-2005, 01:35 PM   #27
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

well in the genre of metal i like the symphonic heavy metal by Nightwish

and in "true metal" i like Manowar and Majesty and Iron Maiden

(true metal is a meaning of their very hard metal)

Metallica i like too from the album "Metallica" (the black album) and before and their live album with the orchestra , but i am really fond of the bootleg recordings with them.

and another "metal band" i like is Guns´n Roses

(ok they were my first "heavy metal" band but they are maybe more heavy rock, and not metal)

and as i have posted before i i like so many genres and bands so my taste in music is very varied (from classical music to symphonic heavy metal)
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 29-06-2005, 01:39 PM   #28
lethe
Game freak

Buckethead is a good guitar player, but doesn't have a defined style like Slash, that's one of the things that make Slash much better in my opinion, even if he lacks some technique in comparison with BH.
Velvet Revolver and actual GNR both lack something. Slash isn't in GNR, Axl voice isn't in Velvet, even though Scott is good too. I liked STP a lot, but I got too used to listen Slash riffs along with Axl's voice. :whistle: so now it's all kind of weird, and I lost attraction to both bands.

Chinese Democracy... Right, and I'm the pope.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Spoonman")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> yeah well punks are against everything (especially against generalisations)[/b][/quote]

Putting me under the punk stereotype?? :ranting: :Titan:

:bleh:
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 29-06-2005, 01:44 PM   #29
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

wow.... the only metal musics i can hear are ballads... all the other are too, how shall i call them, noisy :crazy:

i have a Scorpions with a philarmonic orchertra album and it really calms down my nerves
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 29-06-2005, 02:04 PM   #30
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse Dude@Jun 29 2005, 01:06 PM
But if you like that classic G 'n R sound you should listen to Velvet Revolver. The new band featuring Slash Duff and Matt from G 'n R. Good old classic sleash rock
Yes, yes, yes.
Thanks for telling me about them. (rushes out to buy Velvet Revolver cd).

Of course, we can always hope for a miracle, and hope the original line-up reform and release an album. :whistle: :angel:

How amazing would that be the hear Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steve Adler together again? :w00t:

EDIT
@Apocalypse Dude. Buckethead has been in and out of the band so often, I have lost count. Axl & Slash are a classic team.

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo