Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-07-2011, 10:52 PM   #171
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Well, if you never received the scroll through the bug in the first place, just let yourself be bitten and scratched by a werewolf or a werebaar (those two differ as does slightly the affliction of you becoming one or another) for some time, just see that you don't die, and you should become afflicted with lycanthropy, triggering the following optional hidden quests including (and beginning with) the appearance of the mentioned scroll.
Oh, and you don't become afflicted immediately, rest for 2-3 nights in an inn and you'll see a video, that's when you know it has begun.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 03-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #172
Cardgar
Default Main quest bug

I just started playing this game a couple days ago and I was having this scroll error that you just fixed. I just re-downloaded the game and I no longer receive the scroll upon exiting the dungeon.

Is there another way for me to pick up the main quest or do I have to re-load the game or go to a previous save inside of the dungeon?

I would like to be able to do the main quest but if it is not possible with this version I will just play without the main quest.

Thanks, this game is a lot of fun!

Old 03-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #173
Scatty
Treasure hunter

I think I'll upload an easy-to-install ISO of Daggerfall to the ISO Cellar, where this bug with the scroll doesn't appear, or at least it didn't so far for me. My version seems like being slightly different from the one already linked to there. I would recommend to download the full CD ISO version from there in any case, if only for the fun of the game intros / videos.

Edit: see also the last post of Japo on the previous page in this thread. It's just that this bug with the scroll seems to be fixed, but the main quest should be pursued without any problems. Just that the version downloaded directly from Abandonia lacks the ingame videos.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #174
Cardgra
Default Sorry about double post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Well, if you never received the scroll through the bug in the first place, just let yourself be bitten and scratched by a werewolf or a werebaar (those two differ as does slightly the affliction of you becoming one or another) for some time, just see that you don't die, and you should become afflicted with lycanthropy, triggering the following optional hidden quests including (and beginning with) the appearance of the mentioned scroll.
Oh, and you don't become afflicted immediately, rest for 2-3 nights in an inn and you'll see a video, that's when you know it has begun.
My problem is not with the lycanthropy quest, it is with the main quest. I am never recieving the mysterious note that should initiate the main quest. The scroll I'm talking about is the one that starts the main quest, but before the update was crashing the game. Now I just can't get the scroll.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #175
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Well wait until I upload a CD ISO of the game to the ISO Cellar tomorrow, there shouldn't be any problems with the main quest anymore if you install the game from it I hope. I'll see also if I can add anything to the readme.txt file provided with it for the easiest possible installation of the game. I never had any quest-breaking problems with that version of the game yet so far, so maybe it will help there.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #176
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardgra View Post
My problem is not with the lycanthropy quest, it is with the main quest. I am never recieving the mysterious note that should initiate the main quest. The scroll I'm talking about is the one that starts the main quest, but before the update was crashing the game. Now I just can't get the scroll.
RATS!

How long have you waited for it? Reportedly it takes two to three weeks since you exit the Privateer's Hold.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:17 AM   #177
Japo
Autonomous human

I have tested the current archive and I do get the letter, some days after exiting the Privateer's Hold.

Let me know if you have other problems. The game complains about the missing CD if started with dagger.exe, but "fall z.cfg" works, and although the cutscenes are missing the game doesn't seem to crash because of it.
Old 15-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #178
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
Good idea.

There's also another installer for Windows, mentioned earlier in this thread:

http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/...erfallSetup_EN

But I don't really understand what happens to you Alcaray, unless you have modified the game files by hand as you said. Try DBGL or the other package.
I'm downloading these. Decided to give Daggerfall another try.
Is anyone playing with this version and does it work fine?

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello
Old 22-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #179
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Here one can find (and download) a great and useful FAQ for the game, which covers pretty much every subject.
Here also one can get the (to my knowledge) latest and last version of the small program Fixsave which scans Daggerfall savegames and repairs in case of possible bugs and problems. It's a newer version than the one provided with the last 2.13 patch. Both can also be downloaded here, along with many other useful things for Daggerfall. Look out especially for DFInstall utility, which installs the game from CD / full ISO under Windows XP + newer and automatically applies patch v2.13.
Old 22-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #180
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

I'm not sure about all that useful things but many of them are included in packadge from Japos post.
I tried it and I like it. Had much better experience with it than with the one from official ES site.

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello