Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #161
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post

But... (we always have some But... ha ha ) after 4-5 seconds, probably the influence of Mentats over, I met the problem that I have new member(s), Myron still is waiting to join, but can not join Lenny.

Or me, Sal, Cas and Lenny started voyages to rise the level and at 20 level to acquire 1 more Charisma point to rejoin Vic.

Following this point of view would be so kind to inform me some details for Markus - the sheriff mutant.
Weapons, HP, weigh, AP and like?
I want this NPC for the 5-th member of my command.
Yes, the influence of drugs is temporary.
Also there are some 10 NPC to hire, so there is no chance to have them all.
Even more bad news: from perks you can have only 1 statrise per stat. Well, you still can choose Magnetic Personality for one more partymember, but that's not the same. (If you want more permanent charisma you need to have to Mirrored Shades or the Charisma Memory Module.)

Marcus' stats:
Marcus: Found in Broken Hills, Marcus is a mixed blessing. On the one hand he's big, carries a lot, and makes things go boom in the night... On the other hand, he's slow, he can't wear armour and he favours weaponry that kills party members.
  • Main skill: Big Guns.
  • Other notable skills: Energy Weapons, Unarmed.
  • Animations: Throw, large rifle, minigun, rocket launcher.
  • AC/DT/DR: 20/4/30 (1), 10/4/30 (2-4), 20/5/40 (5-6).
  • Hit Point progression by level: 130, 145, 165, 175, 190, 205.
  • AP progression by level: 9, 10, 11, 11, 12, 13.
Now to be honest I'd bet you won't be able to have comfortably 5 partymember. You have 4 basic charisma, and you can rise it by 2 point (technically 3, but in practice there's no difference). You can also have Magnetic Personality. All in all this provides you only 4 partymembers. You CAN hire a 5th still, but every time you dismiss any of the party and want them to rejoin, you'll have to eat mentat. Keep in mind that.

There are some "mass destruction possibility" in the game. Want some spoilers?

PS: I currently have problem of having too much equipment. After I've robed clean New Reno, I just realised there is no shop to go to. And I'll need more psycho to lower my intelligence too.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 08-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #162
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking 1 yoga + 4 commandos= Victory

Köszönöm, dear Twillight,
for yr details for Marcus.

OK. But 4 members are 4 members.
Moreover as You mentioned before I am free to have one let say Reserve member and with Mentats I will change some member if situation require such action.
(Myron and Marcus).

My hands are trembling, starving to defeat these monsters from Caravan test.
I need good armor and weapons..

Q: Is Metal armor better than leather?

But there is impossible one left character to resurrect dead ones as in many RPG..

yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 08-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #163
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Köszönöm, dear Twillight,
Q: Is Metal armor better than leather?
Way better protection, but a lot more heavier too (not that it should cause a problem).
But I'd really insist to have at least Combat Armour for the mentioned quest. Of course it's up to you...

As for weapons I'd need to know your proficiencies. The general advice is to bring something what can deal big amount of damage, fast, from far away. No idea what small-guns fits that, as I barely use those after the start. Anyway, in New Reno (especially if you're a Made Man) or in NCR the shops offer good quality weapons. Not to mention the SAD. Also if you feel out of options, go to San Francisco (and buy some Power Armour ).
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 08-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #164
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

You won't be able to raise charisma when you reach level 20, stat raising perks can be only taken once. But that's not needed, if wear the shades and take 2 mentats you can raise charisma to 8 for the 5th party member. I don't recommend switching party members, they don't level up when they aren't in your party. I'd make a decision and stick with it.
Marcus is more powerful than the others and his natural armor gets as good as combat armor (he can't wear armor however). Neither Myron nor Lenny can do much damage so taking the one with more hit points is a good choice. You can afford take whomever you like, the game is even soloable.

The best way to improve your character's power (besides finding better equipment) is getting useful perks. You only get a new perk every 4 levels, so choose them wisely.

Metal armor is better than leather armor mk2 since it grants higher normal damage reduction, which is most useful. For characters with low carrying capacity like your hero or Lenny the heavy weight can be annoying, so leather mk2 is acceptable until you find combat armor.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 08-02-2011, 10:17 PM   #165
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
you can raise charisma to 8 for the 5th party member.

I don't recommend switching party members, they don't level up when they aren't in your party. I'd make a decision and stick with it.
8 CHA allows 4 party members.

Problem is with eg. Marcus, that he is not allowed into Vault city.
Also in Navarro and in Enclave you will want t drop out ALL partymembers.
The constant hire/drop out is uncomfortable, and mentat is addictive and liimited.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:09 AM   #166
wardencz
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to wardencz

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
8 CHA allows 4 party members.

Problem is with eg. Marcus, that he is not allowed into Vault city.
Also in Navarro and in Enclave you will want t drop out ALL partymembers.
The constant hire/drop out is uncomfortable, and mentat is addictive and liimited.
I think that he mentioned having Magnetic presonality earlier.

You can always take a frontal assault, but yes, it's pretty much harder to accomplish.

exploit/spoiler
Old 09-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #167
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

With magnetic personality 8 cha allows 5 party members. Lenny and Marcus are not allowed inside Vault City so you'll want to do everything you can do peacefully there before starting to take mentats.

You can get anywhere with any party, the racists in Vault City won't refuse to let mutations in when they're dead , the same applies to the other locations.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 10-02-2011, 08:27 AM   #168
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking I FOUND G.E.C.K. - Hurray!!

Yes, YOU all are right..

I dunno that Perk can be choose 1 time only and was very disappointed that NO Magnetic Personality more..
I fall down crying bitterly...
But after a while I stand up bravely and sad:
-Never mind, I will win anyway..

So I took (Pls do not laugh) some perk of Anonymous helper, who will appeared when I am in heavy battle. And...
yes, during next one strange good lady appeared and using Laser gun killed the strongest opponent. Then..she disappeared. Nice game..

But time is for my report:

- I free Chrissy - the lost girl in Vault 15 - Rebecca daughter. Me, Sal, Cas and Lenny entered V15. I smashed Darion and his dog and gang without any problem.I found evidence for Darion spy in NCR with name first letter F. I repaired the PC and Power generator. I found the location of V13 and computers parts that President send me for.
So I fulfilled the project Vault 15.
..Bravo, brave yoga.. bravo! Excellent.

- Back to NCR. Rewards and again On the road.
Now to Vault 13.
..here I have some technical software problem when I approached Golis the librarian and being in panic to met again troubles like these ones from UW2 at Level 8 with endless skeletons took fast the GECK and Combat armor and as flash leave V13 without repair of next PC. I do have this Computer speech module. Maybe in a mean future will back to do. And meet the Brotherhood of steel.
So the Project Vault 13 is done 75:25..
..Bravo, brave yoga.. bravo! Nice..

Now very fast to .. Arroyo.
Too late.. Y'now Hakunin is dead and my tribe kidnapped.

Level 22, Laser gun and Jack, Combat armor.
Yes, Metal armor is very heavy.

Perks:
- Awareness
- Gesko skinning
- Magnetic Personality
- Gain Charisma
- Anonymous friend

About 60% of column right is 100% at least.
I speak bout Small guns and others.

Members: I will dig the graves to up my Charisma.

Listen, friends, I like the image of Marcus, the mutant.
So huge and fun.. In this my case any logic will be avoided. This is my caprice only..Excuse me.
I enjoy this no logic decision. Ha ha
I know You will understand my childish behave..

Q1: Still I have no tips what to do with this boring bridge keeper. He is with 400 HP and non stop send me exploding brahmins.. Is he invincible? Or mortal.

Q2: I found one Rocket launcher but no ammunition?

Q3: What to do with GECK equipment?

yoga the brave
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 10-02-2011, 08:30 AM   #169
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

The bridge keeper is a special encounter (he is a reference to the character in Monty Pythons Holy Grail and is defeated in the same way). You must talk to him and select the right anwsers, though the third question is a trick on with two anwsers neither of which alone will be correct. look through the options and pick the one that just might solve this hard problem.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 10-02-2011, 09:17 AM   #170
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:

So I took (Pls do not laugh) some perk of Anonymous helper, who will appeared when I am in heavy battle. And...
yes, during next one strange good lady appeared and using Laser gun killed the strongest opponent. Then..she disappeared. Nice game..

About 60% of column right is 100% at least.
I speak bout Small guns and others.

Q1: Still I have no tips what to do with this boring bridge keeper. He is with 400 HP and non stop send me exploding brahmins.. Is he invincible? Or mortal.

Q2: I found one Rocket launcher but no ammunition?

Q3: What to do with GECK equipment?

yoga the brave
The Mysterious Stranger MIGHT appear (the chance depends on the luck stat) in RANDOM ENCOUNTERS only.

A tip: only your weapon skill, unarmed and science worth rising above 100%. (If your unarmed is 160% you can tear down the Masticator's ear in the final fight of boxing in New Reno - though it has only trophy purpose. Science 125% required to get the best brain in the SAD, and 175% for some useless easter egg in Enclave. Your only weapon skill being as high as possible offers you much better hit-chance from higher distances, or when aiming.)

The bridgekeeper (as I've already told you) asks 3 questions. You have to answer the first two, THEN at the third you have to ask back, because the question can have multiply answers. If you do this he'll die, and leave behind his robe, what is an excellent armour.

Q2: possible, especially because critters wielding that carry only 1-2 ammo for it. Try buying rockets in shops, or find some in SAD, or the Military Base.

Q3: stick to it. You have to give it to the Elder to save Arroyo. (ok, to be hnest you can sell it to the next shop without any consequence, but how silly is that?!)