Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
Japo
Autonomous human

Default Volunteer for writing reviews!

So you want to write for Abandonia? Thank you in advance! Reviews are the most difficult material to get when we want to add games.

Please remember that plagiarism is not allowed: no parts of your text may be copied from other reviews, articles or websites, including Wikipedia. The whole text must be originally yours!

Look at the next post for a list of particular games that need reviews more or less urgently. If you don't like any of those, there are many more possibilities; keep reading here.

Whatever the reason why you want to review a game for Abandonia, there are two other things you need: first and foremost the game must be approved as abandoned; and we'll need the game itself. If a game that you want to review is approved and you don't have it, we might have an archive in our stash, or we can try to find it. If we consider a game approved, any source is acceptable to get an archive from.

How do you know if a game is approved? The requests board. Use the forum search function to find titles. If the title's in the approved requests child board, it can be added (and we don't have it yet); so you might want to shop around there, if you want to write a review but don't have a particular title in mind. If it's in the"on site" board, the game's already on Abandonia; if it's on the "rejected" or "invalid" boards, it can't be added; if it's on the mother requests board, we're still working on determining its status, but if the last post is old feel free to post to ask again. If we don't have the title at all yet, either in the requests boards or on the website itself, post a new thread over there to ask if it can be approved (one thread per game, the title must be that of the game literally). Consider that Abandonia deals with games at least 10 years old, although this isn't the only requirement (you can read about all our rules in the sticky post of the board).

It's also possible that you arrived here through a link from a particular game. In case of lack of reviews, we may publish games without them, and these will be stamped with a banner in place of the missing review text, linking here. Here's where you can tell us that you'd like to provide a good review for that game

We appreciate your support!

Last edited by Japo; 11-07-2017 at 05:57 PM.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo
Old 13-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
Japo
Autonomous human

Post Games needing review

The following games would need someone to write reviews of them. Thanks in advance!

- The Abbey of Crime

Last edited by Japo; 28-12-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Old 13-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Japo
Autonomous human

Default Reservations

The following games already have reviews in the process of being written, as promised on the indicated date by the indicated user.

(no reservations currently)

Last edited by Japo; 17-09-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 14-06-2013, 01:37 AM   #4
dynomutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
The following games would need someone to write reviews of them. Thanks in advance! "Staff picks" are in boldface.

Chuck Yeagers Air Combat
Warcraft II
I'll do a review of Chuck Yeager's Air Combat. I LOVED that game back in the 90s ....
dynomutt is offline                         Send a private message to dynomutt
Old 14-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
Japo
Autonomous human

Thanks much! Let me know via PM when it's finished, and I'll publish it right away.
Old 17-06-2013, 01:38 AM   #6
RogueMule

Default Warcraft II Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
The following games would need someone to write reviews of them. Thanks in advance! "Staff picks" are in boldface.

Warcraft II

I'd love to do a review for Warcraft II, I have been playing the series from start to finish and feel I could do it justice.
RogueMule is offline                         Send a private message to RogueMule
Old 17-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
Japo
Autonomous human

Thanks! Same procedure.

I knew it wouldn't be long until someone picked this one. We'll continue publishing games that need reviews from our HUGE backlog, so stay tuned.

Last edited by Japo; 17-06-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 22-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #8
ThelastAmerican
Lurker

Default I would love to write reviews

Where can I sign up?
ThelastAmerican is offline                         Send a private message to ThelastAmerican
Old 22-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #9
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Me still waiting for my Elite 2 review to appear.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 22-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #10
Japo
Autonomous human

Thanks Dynomutt, Chuck Yeager's Air Combat already has its review now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelastAmerican View Post
Where can I sign up?
I have edited the first post to give some information on how to find games to review. Our requests board is the place to go. I'm sure there are many games to choose from, that we also have archives of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Me still waiting for my Elite 2 review to appear.
And complaining is what you had to do, because I had no idea. You're next in line then (not this weekend probably).