Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-12-2010, 05:06 AM   #341
Drep

So, I need some technical help with CyberJudas. I have an installation of the game, but I've tried it on three computers to no avail. I've tried it in DOSBox on two computers, and on a Windows 3.1 machine. I can run the installer from the CD fine, but anytime I run the actual exe, the game doesn't start. I get some text in the command prompt saying "CYBERJUDAS v1.0" and then the game doesn't start. I have also run the patch, but it doesn't do anything. Anyone else have these problems?

Old 07-12-2010, 05:24 AM   #342
dosraider
Dismembered.

http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?...=1516&letter=S
Quote:
Works perfectly when we put it at 5000 cycles with 63 memsize
[Edit]
Maybe I should add that I'm not the one confused here, after all this topic is about Shadow President, so I'm spot on, Drep is the confounded one. ... Just saying.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*

Last edited by dosraider; 07-12-2010 at 12:31 PM.
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 10-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #343
Drep

I only chose CyberJudas because this thread seems to be the only place where I can find people talking about Shadow President, and it had a link to a download of CyberJudas too. I figure if there's anyone who has experience with CyberJudas, they would be here.

Old 15-12-2010, 06:37 AM   #344
Al-Ibrahim

CyberJudas is semi-disappointing. It's a lot slower (IIRC only like 2 hours per second or something like that) and has some noticeable bugs, like Cuban trade being regulated rather than restricted—even though it was restricted in Shadow President, and the weird bug of the Ukraine having a whopping $1 GDP per capita. Then there's the fact that it's basically Shadow President 1.5 rather than a fullblown sequel. I have a feeling it was rushed.

The best thing is that the city view is a lot more useful, since you can click on the quadrants for statistics.
Al-Ibrahim is offline                         Send a private message to Al-Ibrahim
Old 20-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #345
ryacku
Lurker

Quote:
As president, your responsibility is to find peaceful alternatives to war, whether America is directly involved or not. However, there are times when you must decide to make a show of force in order to get the other countries to listen to you. If a power-hungry country threatens to invade a peaceful country, you can put pressure on the aggressors by establishing a military presence in the victim and neighboring countries. You can also dissuade the enemy country by cutting or eliminating trade, making it more difficult and expensive for the country to start a war. Just because the country declares war doesn't mean there will be bloodshed. You can file complaints with the UN, demand global sanctions against that country, and try to form a coalition to oppose them. You can even send the CIA to give arms to rebels in the country, initiate a coup d'etat to overthrow the government (hopefully a better one will replace it), or assassinate the leader. If all else fails, you'll have to fight. Hopefully, you can stop the country before it gains nuclear warhead capabilities and decides to try it out.
What? How do you form a coalition against a country? The most that nations have done when it comes to overseas deployments is do some bizzare build up with nonexistent troops.

I even attached some rather funny moments in Shadow President.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crazychinese.PNG
Views:	1001
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1418  Click image for larger version

Name:	incompetantchinese.GIF
Views:	955
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	1419  
ryacku is offline                         Send a private message to ryacku
Old 18-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #346
Moleman

I've been playing this game religiously for the last few days and a have a couple questions.

-How do you make a country allied with you enough to allow troops to be stationed in their country? This would be especially helpful for invading Libya since there are no nations surround that are willing to hold troops and the closest I can get is Israel if I go through Egypt or Tunisia if I go through Italy. Problem is the only way to invade Libya is to invade either Tunisia or Eqypt first which are friendly towards me. There's another way by going through both Morroco and Algeria via Spain so I'm not invading any friendly nations but I just think it would be so much easier if I could just get in good enough relations with Egypt or Tunisia. I've tried "improving diplomatic relations" and a few other positive actions dozens of times with each for months in game but the status never seems to change.

-How do I access Guam? If I'm in the Philippians or Papa New Guinea and I enter the war room I can see that I have 8,000 troops in Guam. Problem is I can't click on Guam and I've even looked it up on a map to make sure I'm at the right area. Even when I full screen the game on a 1920x1080 monitor It's still too small to click. There's got to be a way in there or else why include the troops as part of the game? I can only see a use if you wanted to invade the Philippians or Papa New Guinea for some reason.

That's all I got and thanks to those who have answered other people's questions, they've helped me out as well.

Old 23-03-2011, 01:56 AM   #347
Cycieties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moleman View Post
I've been playing this game religiously for the last few days and a have a couple questions.

-How do you make a country allied with you enough to allow troops to be stationed in their country? This would be especially helpful for invading Libya since there are no nations surround that are willing to hold troops and the closest I can get is Israel if I go through Egypt or Tunisia if I go through Italy. Problem is the only way to invade Libya is to invade either Tunisia or Eqypt first which are friendly towards me. There's another way by going through both Morroco and Algeria via Spain so I'm not invading any friendly nations but I just think it would be so much easier if I could just get in good enough relations with Egypt or Tunisia. I've tried "improving diplomatic relations" and a few other positive actions dozens of times with each for months in game but the status never seems to change.

-How do I access Guam? If I'm in the Philippians or Papa New Guinea and I enter the war room I can see that I have 8,000 troops in Guam. Problem is I can't click on Guam and I've even looked it up on a map to make sure I'm at the right area. Even when I full screen the game on a 1920x1080 monitor It's still too small to click. There's got to be a way in there or else why include the troops as part of the game? I can only see a use if you wanted to invade the Philippians or Papa New Guinea for some reason.

That's all I got and thanks to those who have answered other people's questions, they've helped me out as well.
Instead of just doing diplomatic actions every month, you can spam-command it. You could also always invade or coup so that they will like you if they are an enemy ideology. Foreign aid helps a bit too.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone can get to Guam as I've tried all of the adjacent nations...even hundreds of miles away. It's just too freaking small.
Cycieties is offline                         Send a private message to Cycieties
Old 31-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #348
Surgeon
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drep View Post
So, I need some technical help with CyberJudas. I have an installation of the game, but I've tried it on three computers to no avail. I've tried it in DOSBox on two computers, and on a Windows 3.1 machine. I can run the installer from the CD fine, but anytime I run the actual exe, the game doesn't start. I get some text in the command prompt saying "CYBERJUDAS v1.0" and then the game doesn't start. I have also run the patch, but it doesn't do anything. Anyone else have these problems?
Yeah, I've got the same problem.

Putting it to 5000 cycles and 63 memsize, however, does not remove the problem.
Surgeon is offline                         Send a private message to Surgeon
Old 21-04-2011, 03:24 AM   #349
desertranger16
Lurker

Smile Hope this helps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycieties View Post
Instead of just doing diplomatic actions every month, you can spam-command it. You could also always invade or coup so that they will like you if they are an enemy ideology. Foreign aid helps a bit too.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone can get to Guam as I've tried all of the adjacent nations...even hundreds of miles away. It's just too freaking small.
Excellent, something I can help with! I started playing Shadow President back in '94, got it in a bulk pack of games at Wal-Mart I think, and it's always been one of my favorites. Anyway, at any point in the game you can hit / (or ?) and it will bring up a box that has all countries alphabetically available for selection. To find Guam you would-
1. Press /
2. Press G (this will bring up Gabon)
3. Press the down key until you come across Guam
4. Hit enter, selecting Guam
5. Profit

If you have any other questions about Shadow President, I can probably answer them, just give me a shout.
desertranger16 is offline                         Send a private message to desertranger16
Old 31-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #350
forgot my UN

for some reason i cant get SP to work in dosbox, i got it to work once or twice on xp but i dont know how (i know i used dosbox) i downloaded form hotud.org but when i load it the mouse click doesnt register i can press esc to skip the tutorial and move the mouse but clicking the mouse does nothing, any1 know whats wrong?