Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-08-2008, 11:57 AM   #251
ShadowPres

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Presidant View Post
Is there no way to edit a couple files for the game? maybe changing names of things, or editing ideologies. (I mean they all have letters next to them so it would make sense that these letters are editable in some file (s).
This would be brilliant, i used to muck about with alot of DOS games, a cursory glance at the files though they don't seem to be simple text documents easily edited, I looked at about 6 or 7 likely named files, they are either indecipherable gibberish or are only for text so I guess you can change some of what is said, menu text, country names etc. but none of the actual gameplay.
ShadowPres is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowPres
Old 28-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #252
Al-Ibrahim

It'd be nice if this game simulated the breakup of the USSR considering the effects it had in world politics. Then again, this came out in 1993 for DOS, so probably a bit too complicated. Also, have you guys noticed that you can make Puerto Rico independent? (It starts off as a puppet state, or at least has the same status as if you conquered a nation, and you can revoke that status to make it free)

Another thing I disliked (that its sequel actually made slightly worse due to waiting) is that information isn't centralized. It should all be in one menu with dropdown things and such.

Also, what's with the Iraq-Saudi Neutral Zone being its own 'country'? Why not just have it as an unclickable... thing? It's odd when you hear news of riots in it and such. Not to mention that it came to an end in 1991.

Last edited by Al-Ibrahim; 30-08-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Al-Ibrahim is offline                         Send a private message to Al-Ibrahim
Old 09-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #253
TrueRebel
Lurker

Default :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I love this game! I nuke everything, and it rocks. I nuked France for saying they don't like me.
I couldn't stop laughing after reading this one. Boy, you must be crazy :laugh:
TrueRebel is offline                         Send a private message to TrueRebel
Old 04-10-2008, 12:09 AM   #254
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Erm, how do I contact the U.N? Cause I was only ever able to contact them after Iraq Invades Kuwait (which rarely happens for me, btw, cause i usually get good relations with Iraq and stop them from doing it)

Also, WHY HAS'NT ANYONE MADE A FAN-MADE REMAKE OF THIS GAME?

Think of it, we could add so much stuff, like, instead of nuking a country, you'd see the missile appear on your radar thingie, and see it's trajectory heading and stuff and where it'll land so you can prepare yourself. I was royal pissed when Israel attacked me, even after I help them hold off Syria in the year 1993. dont ask, but I was fooling around with them

If i saw the nuke appear, i'd be like "Oi what the hell man?" and nuke them back just as fast and also try to shoot down the nuke flying to me (if such technology existed in the 90's that is)

Also, Peacekeeping would be a nice factor to add to the game. I would send peace keepers into Israel and Ethopia and Sudan and stuff like that
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 04-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #255
WilliamC23
Abandonia nerd

I remember one time I played this the USSR nuked Japan for no apparent reason, no one retaliated with nukes but the USSR became incredibly unstable and they had like 3 assassinations and nfteen coups.
WilliamC23 is offline                         Send a private message to WilliamC23
Old 04-10-2008, 08:33 AM   #256
fettoswe
Forum hobbit

Shadow president must be one the of the greatest simulator games ever. I can play it for hours and never get tired of it. I even have the sequel "cyber judas" it has little better graphics but it's kinda slow compared to shadow president. In cyber judas you can only skip time 2 hours per second. In shadow you can skip one day per second.
fettoswe is offline                         Send a private message to fettoswe
Old 04-10-2008, 08:35 AM   #257
WilliamC23
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettoswe View Post
Shadow president must be one the of the greatest simulator games ever. I can play it for hours and never get tired of it. I even have the sequel "cyber judas" it has little better graphics but it's kinda slow compared to shadow president. In cyber judas you can only skip time 2 hours per second. In shadow you can skip one day per second.
I bought CyberJudas. I enjoy the "traitor" aspect of that game.
WilliamC23 is offline                         Send a private message to WilliamC23
Old 04-10-2008, 08:51 AM   #258
fettoswe
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamC23 View Post
I bought CyberJudas. I enjoy the "traitor" aspect of that game.
Yeah I enjoyed it to but i can only play it in Vmware and it's pretty slow.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #259
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

I want Cyber Judas, but it's not abandonware yet And i dont like buyign things off the net...

ANYWAYS no one answered my question, is there a way to contact the U.N whenever you want? Cause im only able to contact them when Iraq invades Kuwait. I don't like launchign desert storm, I always have so many casualties.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 04-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #260
fettoswe
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubb View Post
I want Cyber Judas, but it's not abandonware yet And i dont like buyign things off the net...

ANYWAYS no one answered my question, is there a way to contact the U.N whenever you want? Cause im only able to contact them when Iraq invades Kuwait. I don't like launchign desert storm, I always have so many casualties.
Well it's to bad it's nearly impossible to find if you don't buy on the net.

I don't think there is another way to contact the UN. You can only contact them if another country invades/attackes you or another country. I like experiment sometimes and have been able to get canada and mexico to attack me. I did just by blocking trade with them and make some surgical strikes.