Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-10-2004, 11:06 AM   #11
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Oct 2 2004, 09:50 AM
Found the problem.

Sorry I even doubted you Peter, Sjoerd, Tommy and Ulf (DOSBox team)....

The flaw is the archive itself. It is buggy. Aaberg should make a new archive and upload that one
I'm sorry to dissapoint you but you haven't found the problem. I've downloaded and tested the archive 3 times and it works fine.

Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 02-10-2004, 11:48 AM   #12
aaberg
Game Wizzard

I get an error message when I unpack the zip archive, but the game works fine anyway. I use Winace, maybe if you use other unpacking programs, the damage is bigger.. I don't know, it's a little weird!.
aaberg is offline                         Send a private message to aaberg
Old 02-10-2004, 11:50 AM   #13
kyrandia

I dont know if the archive on the ftp is the "new" one or the "old" one... I tried to open it with winzip but there is something wrong with the file somehow...

Old 02-10-2004, 11:53 AM   #14
aaberg
Game Wizzard

It is still the old one, I think. I also get an error, but the game still works!
aaberg is offline                         Send a private message to aaberg
Old 02-10-2004, 12:04 PM   #15
Kyrandia

I Tried opening with winace like you said... works fine now!!! Thank you!

Old 03-10-2004, 01:32 PM   #16
Magmaros

I too cant get past the option screen, any fixes yet?
Magmaros is offline                         Send a private message to Magmaros
Old 24-03-2005, 03:26 PM   #17

Has anyone got this working yet?

Old 03-06-2005, 06:02 PM   #18
Snow Blind

I give this a low quality vote, The editor makes it sound like it's something almost as good as X-COM UFO Unknown, and gives it allot of hype.

Actually if UFO Unknown was not released, i still would not have enjoyed Team Sabre. If it would have had multiple floors, I could get use out of the Accuracy International Sniper Rifle PM. I really didn't notice any ability to shoot through walls or destroy walls, which that General Purpose Machine Gun should have had no issue penatrating. The no Line of Sight message should have been replaced with "Turn to Face your Target Before Firing". It also required text in menu screens, and afew extra Troop/Enemy Icons. And last but not least, it shouldn't have locked you out of the playfield before you select an action to use on the playfield.

X-COM got it right on the first pass, and Team Sabre only managed to get together a fully playble light version demo and sell it as the finished game at best.

To sum it up, X-COM should not even be mentioned in the review of this game, it is unworthy of being referanced to such a great game.

my 2 cents

Old 03-06-2005, 06:11 PM   #19
Snowblind

Its not worth your time. but yes I've gotten this working, on my old PC, had to reboot to dos and load it up.

The Menu System is self explanitory, it uses Pictures instead of Text Buttons.

Once you get the game booted up, press any key you can think of to get the game past the intro screen which will repeat endlessly if you dont..

Select how Difficult you want this new game to be. Easy Medium Hard

You recieve a mission briefing then you get to go on and choose your troops with the middle Picture of a bunch of guys standing and kneeling around in a pose....

Then after you review your team and select your members by clicking on the X next to their Icon so that it becomes a Check Mark slash, you are ready to select equipment.

Access the Equipment Screen by clicking on the guns and grenades scattered picture. You start off with your first soldier

To choose equipment, click an item on the list to view it's description stats, then click on the Description of the item on the bottom of the screen in order to add it to your backpack.
Do the same for ammo!

Once you do this for everyone, you'll be back at the main Character Management Screen.

Clicking on the Icon of the ParaTrooper will take you to the Deployment Screen.

On Deployment Screen you can save load view scores review troops again? and then when ready, click on the stuipd dude on the middle bottom whos kneeled and looks ready for action.. This will begin your mission =)

Next click your team mates starting locations anywhere within the white chck boxs i believe.. then the game goes onwards... You'll have to guess which icons do what...

Finally Be Prepaired to be Annoyed as each Bullet Fired Sends you into the MAP screen to View the bullets path through the building until a flower pot or soft body of an enemy completely asborbs it, all .50 Cal of it..

Old 03-06-2005, 06:16 PM   #20
SnowBlind

What I did like was the <Choose how many bullets to fire>. That is a good idea, because once you have already Aquired a Target in your sights even with single shot mode, you get to fire as many times as you want, without requireing and sighting him up. IT's durring the process of this fireing that you must keep minorly alinging your sights and controling your weapon in order to keep it trainned on your target.

X-COM and other games assume you fire once then twirl your gun around and check it's breech or something. Then if you want to shoot again, you almost have to completely bring your weapon to bear line up sights and then fire away... It does give you a tiny break on action points, i guess because now the troop knows what hes shooting at, and where to hit it.

It should actually work as this game does it... Sight him up, ect costs 13ap say, and each time you shoot on him from here on costs 4ap...

Yes this would make X-COM very deadly for your own troops. But, well... ok lets not give the aliens any advantages with thier binocular vission..