Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-03-2007, 02:51 AM   #171

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 7 2007, 02:28 AM) [snapback]282212[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grand Dad @ Mar 5 2007, 03:22 PM) [snapback]281984[/snapback]
Quote:
Frankly I haven't played it recently, that is after getting this new computer and XP and on DOSBox. But on Win98 never had this problem.
I am sure somebody will tell you more .
Good Luck!
[/b]
Dang, would really like to play this game, but really dont want to play in smalls screen mode.
[/b][/quote]

Ok it works in full screen mode if you run the executable file in windows 95 mode. Yea! :brain:

Old 08-03-2007, 01:00 AM   #172
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

"Dang" and dang again....I tried playing it after my last post about the game and it just doesn't work. I am still stuck at the Pup trying to get the gem from the old coot. [Remember this is about the fourth time playing without any problems] so why now? Once started I DO like to finish a game .
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 01-04-2007, 03:35 AM   #173

Sorry to necropost this topic, but I looked through the whole thread and nobody answered how to get past the glitch in the Green Man part when nothing happens when you answer. I've tried clicking everywhere, including the center of the palm, and I've tried clicking dozens upon dozens of times. I tried clicking letters until it reset, cause I remember doing that yields a wrong answer, but it doesn't, it brings me back to me standing there. If I talk to the green man the scene starts over and he turns me into a tree again and gives me a new riddle.

The weirdest part is I didn't have this problem the first time I played through. I'm only having it now that I'm trying to get a perfect score.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:53 AM   #174
faeornran
Forum hobbit

I'd think that this is an exception to necroposting since there really isn't a better place to post it without creating a redundant new thread.

Have you tried walking off the screen and coming back on or loading to before you caught the pixie? It could have just been a timer issue that didn't reset, or maybe something didn't trigger when Marian showed you how to use the scroll.
faeornran is offline                         Send a private message to faeornran
Old 01-04-2007, 11:28 AM   #175
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

That could be the reason...if you answered correctly the first time you don't face that problem, unless there's a bug!
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 02-04-2007, 02:11 AM   #176
RettMikhal

I posted that under guest, I thought I was logged in.

The bug is even weirder than I thought. After I 'answer' and nothing happens, I can literally move, as a tree... I just slide around, but when I try to leave the screen I just go forever and never transfer screen. I can even shoot the green man, which makes the game freeze. I tried capturing the pixie again, and the same problem happens.

I still don't understand why this happened this time, but not the first time around.
RettMikhal is offline                         Send a private message to RettMikhal
Old 02-04-2007, 02:07 PM   #177
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

FYI, the Games Discussion forum is by its specific one where no matter how old a thread is, replying to it won't be treated as necroposting.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-05-2007, 10:03 AM   #178
Elisabetta611

Thumbs up

Ok, I need help.

I'm at the Green Man's test. I answer the riddles. Correctly, I might add. I click or press ENTER, both causes my answers to disappear and I end up as a tree.

WHAT am I doing wrong? I've got the hand code memorized by now, yes, I tried it A LOT!
Elisabetta611 is offline                         Send a private message to Elisabetta611
Old 16-05-2007, 12:48 PM   #179
Carcaroth
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to Carcaroth Send a message via AIM to Carcaroth Send a message via MSN to Carcaroth Send a message via Yahoo to Carcaroth

Man, I hate this ESA people. How does it work? They write to the site telling you to not distribute the game? Cause I doubt they will make money with it again. Its almost 15 years old. The PS2 generation wont waste their time with a game with graphics like this. They should rethink their policy...

~Ceramic White PSP Status~
FW: 3.72 HX-2
Carcaroth is offline                         Send a private message to Carcaroth
Old 16-05-2007, 01:10 PM   #180
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Carcaroth @ May 16 2007, 02:48 PM) [snapback]290489[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Man, I hate this ESA people. How does it work? They write to the site telling you to not distribute the game? Cause I doubt they will make money with it again. Its almost 15 years old. The PS2 generation wont waste their time with a game with graphics like this. They should rethink their policy...
[/b]
ESA gets paid to shut down software piracy. The definition of that includes Abandonware sites.
And no, they don't just write telling you to not distribute the game... they write telling you to stop distributing the game in 48 hours or be permamently shutdown and subject to a lawsuit.

This game is 16 years old, actually, thus getting out of the protection period that is a result of our agreement with ESA and as such it might be placed back for download any day now.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman