Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
Tycoon720

Default Tycoon720 - What can I do?

Hey all

I've been visiting Abandonia and Abadonware sites in general for many years now, am a big fan of lots of the old games as I played many of them as a kid when they were released Only just joined the forum here today though, so want to thank all contributors and particularly the site creators/maintainers for their hard work in keeping things going

I'd like to contribute to your efforts and should be able to help out as long as the timescales are pretty flexible (which they seem to be). I've been looking through the forum and although it's clear you need submissions/reviews/screens, I'm not too sure which games you need them for, as different posts seem to give different information. Which list is currently up to date in terms to this?

I can do some reviews of games I'm familiar with, and screens shouldn't be a huge issue with Dosbox these days. I did keep pretty good backups when I was a kid and managed to migrate it all to the present day, so I may have some submissions that would be useful too. I regret throwing away some of those old game boxes now though without scanning them Never listen to your mum guys

Let me know what I can do to help and I'll do my best.
Tycoon720 is offline                         Send a private message to Tycoon720
Old 03-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Aye, welcome! If you want to review games and don't know where to start this is the thread you're looking for. First post has the rules and the list of reviews taken. Second has the recommended choices to review (for the undecided), with green it is specified if a review is taken or not. The third post has the complete list of reviewable games that we have archives for on FTP and can be given to you in case you need them + with blue shown which ones of them are taken. The lists are daily updated if needed.

One more note: we also accept reviews for real old classics that are not really abandonware and which will be added with a link to the place where it is sold (like GoG). But we require really good reviews for them, almost professional level Since we can't give them a download, at least we could give them a good read. Doom and the first Gabriel Knight would qualify in this category.

In all cases you must first ask permission from us. Good luck!
Old 03-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
But we require really good reviews for them, almost professional level
naaaaaaah
Old 23-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
Tycoon720

Thanks for your response

I'm on holiday at the moment, but when I get back, I'll see what I can do
Tycoon720 is offline                         Send a private message to Tycoon720