Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #11
izechias
Default instant action

Hi
sorry for noob question but how can I start Instant Action, like chosing AI opponents and maps and stuff (if it's even possible)
thanks

Old 08-03-2010, 06:39 PM   #12
NoLifeKing

Does the music work? I remember this game had pretty cool music but the cd audio required the cd audio cable connected to the cd rom, which i don't have.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:42 AM   #13
passer_by

Go to http://www.battlezone1.net's extras folder in downloads section and you'll get the soundtracks for both BZ and RO. They're in mp3 though so just load them in your fav player.

Old 24-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #14
vnbdevastator
Lurker

There was a sequel to this one by Pandemic Studios called Battlezone2 Combat Commander it was by far the best game i have ever and probably will ever play. Its just a shame that they wont release a 3rd.
vnbdevastator is offline                         Send a private message to vnbdevastator
Old 02-11-2010, 10:54 PM   #15
Doubt
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnbdevastator View Post
There was a sequel to this one by Pandemic Studios called Battlezone2 Combat Commander it was by far the best game i have ever and probably will ever play. Its just a shame that they wont release a 3rd.
They are making a community-made BZ3 using the Unreal engine. Battlezone3.com. BZ is going to get a patch soon (1.5) that will allow it to run on modern systems and fixes many problems.

Note-
You can also get BZ from Battlezoneclub.org.
Doubt is offline                         Send a private message to Doubt
Old 16-01-2011, 06:11 AM   #16
ArodIX

I'm not sure why this game has such a great reputation. I played the training missions and the first few real missions, and it just wasn't very much fun. The vehicles are slow and unmaneuverable, everything seems to be a drab dark grey colour, and the little half-invisible soldiers that eject from destroyed enemy ships get really annoying really quickly.
ArodIX is offline                         Send a private message to ArodIX
Old 26-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #17
spleagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArodIX View Post
I'm not sure why this game has such a great reputation. I played the training missions and the first few real missions, and it just wasn't very much fun. The vehicles are slow and unmaneuverable, everything seems to be a drab dark grey colour, and the little half-invisible soldiers that eject from destroyed enemy ships get really annoying really quickly.
I don't know what you're talking about. The vehicles are perfectly maneuverable. There are a few that turn very slowly or move at a crawl, but they make up for it in fire power (walkers and bombers for example). The "drab dark grey color" is either your computer messing up the graphics (which happens a lot on newer systems) or great textures for a 1998 game that you don't appreciate. The pilots shouldn't be annoying, they take only a few shots to kill, or just run them over at a good speed.

Battlezone was, and is, my favorite FPS game ever. The campaign storylines are incredible and have a ton of depth to them. The missions are brilliantly designed (save for one or two joke missions) and require strategy and good aim to get past. The Red Odyssey, the game's expansion pack, has an even better, though extremely difficult, campaign. I've played every mission many times, and it still never fails to impress.

The best part is that the community at http://www.battlezone1.net/home/index.html is still alive and well, and there are often over 30 multiplayer games online every day. Not bad for a game that's 13 years old! A lot of the matches are the deathmatches, which are great fun, but the greatest experiences come from a 1v1 strategy game verse another player. It's challenging and surprising every time, and doesn't get old. I highly recommend this game for anyone and everyone. Just spend an hour or two getting the controls down and get ready for a great experience!

Old 29-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #18
Dirte

Oooh I love this game. Threw it on a lot of peoples computers in the hopes that they'd play it with me. Unfortunately for me it was either too graphically outdated for them, or the game was too difficult to understand.

It certainly broadened my understanding of how to make the game work on varying operating systems. A Windows 2000 PC, XP, Vista, and 7. Oddly enough in that order! Not that it was terribly hard, though.
Dirte is offline                         Send a private message to Dirte
Old 10-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #19
The Bloodhawk

Is Battlezone II abandonware/small enough to be uploaded to this site? I don't know much about it, but it would be cool to see.
The Bloodhawk is offline                         Send a private message to The Bloodhawk
Old 13-09-2012, 01:03 AM   #20
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It appears there's been a new patch released last year at http://www.battlezone1.com/ . Just FYI.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman