Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-07-2017, 09:19 AM   #41
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Well, if ini is missed, chances are it will be created after first start. But I didn't check this game.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:14 PM   #42
slx
Abandonia nerd

Yes, the ini file missing. It does not created after the first launch.
I copied the ini from the installed CD version but the FDD version doesn't use it!

Edit:
I got the install version of this game.
This game supports the following sound cards for music
Adlib, Soundblaster and ROLAND
and for sound effects
PC Speaker, Adlib and Soundblaster.
The install makes a bat file what contains this for my config:
XANTH MT32 2 330 BLASTER 7 220
So, if you haven't got the install file then you have to make a bat file if you want to use other sound cards, too.

Last edited by slx; 05-07-2017 at 05:23 PM. Reason: solution for the soundcard selection
slx is offline                         Send a private message to slx
Old 10-07-2017, 01:50 AM   #43
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rt View Post
Great game. The reviewer is a dork; there are absolutely no unfair or particular hard riddles in this game. must have been his first click & point adventure, maybe, abandonia shouldn't let such people write a review. makes so sense. lovely game, 5 points.
Hmmm ... I find your criticism of the reviewer unfair. I have no intention of arguing with you, after all it’s been a long time since you’ve posted, but you should know what Adventure games are like.

For example, many of the things you would not have imagined would use them for that purpose. A New Beginning, Machinarium, Maniac Mansion, Rex Nebular, Syberia, Syberia II (some puzzles are difficult), The Day of the Tentacle, The Legend of Kyrandia II, The Return of The Phantom of the Opera, etc.

And without Walkthrough, the game gets exasperating as you test all possibilities to keep progressing in the game. And who never got stuck in a puzzle in an Adventure game? I do not think an adventure game should become a Combinatorial Analysis or anything.

Last edited by Mystvan; 18-07-2017 at 03:06 AM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 10-07-2017, 09:57 AM   #44
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
Hmmm ... I find your criticism of the reviewer unfair. I have no intention of arguing with you, after all it’s been a long time since you’ve posted, but you should know what Adventure games are like.
You are grave digger, you know? But nevermind.

Actually, you are unfair too.

Ideal adventure game _must_ have logical solution to the every puzzle, right. But it not implies that this solution must be _easy_ one. For example, relatively recent game Fez is perfectly logical - only some of its puzzles requires external sources, like barcode readers and external sites consulting. I don't like such sorts of puzzles - but it still "right" puzzles nonetheless.

Also, if game have occasional "trial and error" puzzle, it's nothing wrong too. While not _every_ puzzle like that, or there is no clue what to do at all.

My personal "favorites" in that relations are Discworld and Deponia games. (First one from series, in both cases). They are plain bad in puzzle design and must be erased from human memory.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:55 AM   #45
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post

For example, many of the things you would not have imagined would use them for that purpose. A New Beginning, Machinarium, Maniac Mansion, Rex Nebular, Syberia, Syberia II (some puzzles are difficult), The Day of the Tentacle, The Legend of Kyrandia II, The Return of The Phantom of the Opera, etc.

And without Walkthrough, the game gets exasperating as you test all possibilities to keep progressing in the game. And who never got stuck in a puzzle in an Adventure game? I do not think an adventure game should become a Combinatorial Analysis or anything.
I don't know what you're saying but I like you so I agree! For example I do not get the game Q+bert yet I like the cute long nose teddy bert so I have a backup copy#

Jesus Christ! Bless GOD, Jesus Christ, Mary, and The Holy Spirit# Then bless my real mom Huong Thi Vu. Honours to my real mom Huong Thi Vu and my real dad Nguyen Binh Thuy. Congratulations to my real two sisters Nguyen Khoa Thuyen and Nguyen Khoa Thi. I, Nguyen Khoa Tien, have put my personal copy of the game in the ISO cellar for you cool kids# So download it and give me everything you have. hehe j/k
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen
Old 11-07-2017, 12:10 AM   #46
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
You are grave digger, you know? But nevermind.

Actually, you are unfair too.

Ideal adventure game _must_ have logical solution to the every puzzle, right. But it not implies that this solution must be _easy_ one. For example, relatively recent game Fez is perfectly logical - only some of its puzzles requires external sources, like barcode readers and external sites consulting. I don't like such sorts of puzzles - but it still "right" puzzles nonetheless.

Also, if game have occasional "trial and error" puzzle, it's nothing wrong too. While not _every_ puzzle like that, or there is no clue what to do at all.

My personal "favorites" in that relations are Discworld and Deponia games. (First one from series, in both cases). They are plain bad in puzzle design and must be erased from human memory.
Yes, I agree with you. I just did not like the “boy” calling him donkey. I read and liked the review.

Deponia... (Abandonia, Albânia, Antônia, Caledônia, Estônia, Lapônia, Letônia, Lituânia, Macedônia, Teutônia, etc. ) The game A New Beginner is a hard nut to crack without a walkthrough. How about the final Puzzles of the Machinarium? And the final Puzzle of the game Legend of Kyrandia II?

Well, I would prefer more logical Puzzles like Klotski, LaserTank, Challenge of the Ancient Empires! while Adventure games should have “easier” Puzzles.