Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Abandonia Case Files
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-04-2016, 06:14 AM   #1
syncrocat
Lurker

Default [syncrocat] Dungeon Lords

I've been trying to remember this game for a week now and I've finally caved and made an account here just to ask:

It's a PC game - I played it off disk so it's before the online purchase era - somewhere between 2000 and 2010. Either First or Third Person Shooter style, basically a B-rated Skyrim. Stat point distribution, (races and classes maybe? I don't remember much about character creation).

Basically you walk around an open world and fight stuff. Only two levels (dungeons?) I remember are a sewer near the start of the game and a town with vampires in it a bit later. There were cheats available - I remember having hundreds of spell scrolls that nuked everything around me, and possibly leveling up a ton. Definitely also had a shop system - I remember buying things in the Vampire town.

I can't shake the feeling that "Dungeon" was part of or entirely the name, but I can't come across anything using that so it could be my imagination.

[EDIT] There was also a level in an old manor where on the top floor there were monsters that pretended to be treasure chests until you got closer. I remember defeating them with a lot of spells.

[EDIT #2] Found it! Thanks to this site I discovered Moby http://www.mobygames.com/ and found it in like 5 minutes. Dungeon Lords!

Pleasepleaseplease help me find it

Last edited by Mighty Midget; 24-08-2017 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Solved
syncrocat is offline                         Send a private message to syncrocat
Old 18-04-2016, 02:03 PM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Naturally, Moby made some of such search excessively easy!

Congratulations to solve your own riddle.
Old 18-04-2016, 11:14 PM   #3
Bugamn
Abandonia nerd

That often happens to me. I organize my post so well that I manage to find it myself.

On the topic of the game, I think I remember seeing that cover in shops. The game itself looks interesting, if dated. I checked and it's on Steam if you want to revive those memories, but reviewers don't recommend this game to those that never played it.
Bugamn is offline                         Send a private message to Bugamn
Old 19-04-2016, 05:56 AM   #4
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Surprisingly enough, it's brainchild of the man behind brilliant Wizardry 5-7 trilogy. David W. Bradley made Wizards and Warriors on the same assets when Sir-Tech closed, and gained significant success with it. Unfortunately, his second attempt - named Dungeon Lords - wasn't very successfull. Still, he re-made it twice so far. Dungeon Lords was in 2005, remade to Dungeon Lords MMXII in 2012, then remade to Dungeon Lords Steam Edition.