Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Abandonia Case Files
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-05-2015, 04:41 AM   #1
Kyle1988

Default [Amayirot Akago] Betrayal at Krondor

I presume this game is from the late 90's but I played it in 2000 so all I know is that it didn't come out after that. The resolution might've been as low as 320x200 though. Probably 256 colors.

You explore the 3D world in first-person mode, kind of like Elder Scrolls: Arena but I remember there being sloped hillsides. The world is mostly on paths rather than being open. Sometimes you'll find a hidden treasure chest that makes you solve a riddle in order to open it.

When you enter battle mode, you see your pre-rendered 3D characters in third-person. You fight in the same area you were just in with all the trees/rocks/etc. still there as obstacles, but now there's a white grid for you to fight on. Your party consists of two older warrior-type men and a strapping young lad who's a magic user. Casting magic or attacking or whatever you do consumes stamina first, and then consumes health in the same way once your stamina runs out. The battles are turn-based.

As for the story, I think it was about solving some kind of mystery like in the old Elder Scrolls games. It has a medieval fantasy setting. The game is divided into chapters and I suspect it was based on a book.

Thanks in advance!
Kyle1988 is offline                         Send a private message to Kyle1988
Old 24-05-2015, 07:55 AM   #2
Amayirot Akago
Hiya, dollface.

Betrayal At Krondor?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/betrayal-at-krondor
Old 24-05-2015, 04:09 PM   #3
Kyle1988

That is definitely correct! And it looks like my recollection was almost 100% accurate. Also, I knew the name would ring a bell if I read it.

They're selling it for $56 on Amazon, but it's $6 on GOG!

So have you played it or did you just know about it or were you actually able to find it based on my description?
Kyle1988 is offline                         Send a private message to Kyle1988
Old 25-05-2015, 09:29 AM   #4
Amayirot Akago
Hiya, dollface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle1988 View Post
That is definitely correct! And it looks like my recollection was almost 100% accurate. Also, I knew the name would ring a bell if I read it.

They're selling it for $56 on Amazon, but it's $6 on GOG!

So have you played it or did you just know about it or were you actually able to find it based on my description?
It's a well-known game, so I'd heard a fair bit about it before. Never played it myself though.