Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-03-2012, 01:05 AM   #21
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Please continue.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 20-03-2012, 02:19 AM   #22
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

There's nothing to continue?

I completely agree that pathfinding code in general could be way better in BG and Japo is right in the bulk of his comment but then again I tried the game a few months ago with a few fixes and I didn't see a problem with pathfinding after it was boosted.

It's not like I didn't actually try it. And it is true with most old games too.

Nowaday computers have so much resources available in comparison to 15 years ago that arguing over it won't really lead anywhere.
Old 20-03-2012, 05:13 AM   #23
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

MUCH LIKE THE ORIGINAL PATHFINDING, AM I RIGHT FOLKS OR AM I RIGHT?

Oh yeah, I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

Anyway, I'm not a big BG fan, but I have been following the teaser campaign and release announcement of this project pretty closely. It will be interesting to see how they handle something that is obviously so close to many gamer's hearts
Old 22-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #24
BigFattyPlus

While I wouldn't mind if they simply just updated the look and added new content, I would not be happy if they completly rewrote the game. I like the story this game had from start to finish. That, and it would be kinda messed up not hearing the singing of the Wise Sages of Alaundo...
BigFattyPlus is offline                         Send a private message to BigFattyPlus
Old 23-03-2012, 12:54 AM   #25
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I don't think they have any intention of touching the story, at least not from the quotes posted anyway. I can't wait to see some screenshots of the game so I can judge if I really want to pay for this game again.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 23-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #26
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFattyPlus View Post
While I wouldn't mind if they simply just updated the look and added new content, I would not be happy if they completly rewrote the game. I like the story this game had from start to finish. That, and it would be kinda messed up not hearing the singing of the Wise Sages of Alaundo...
I'm pretty sure I read they're reusing the old voice samples. And that's great, but it also ties into the concerns of mine. I keep reading about all of these things they're reusing. It's going to take a significant graphical upgrade and not just support for higher resolutions using the old graphics to make me rebuy the games for a third time. I want a true, professional enhanced edition worthy of ~15 years, and not a glorified mod compilation. Since there's still so little information about it, it's hard to tell which direction they're going with this.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 23-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #27
Halindir
Home Sweet Abandonia

I want the romances to be graphic.
Halindir is offline                         Send a private message to Halindir
Old 23-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #28
Panthro
Man of Science

There are some pictures of the ipad version on the website:

http://www.baldursgate.com/news/2012...on-for-ipad-3/

Hard to see what improvements they made, except that they're using the BG2 engine (as Baldur's Gate Trilogy and others do).

If I had an ipad or similar I might be interested, but I hope there are going to be some bigger and better improvements. Otherwise, why would I pay for something that the modding community provides for free?
Panthro is offline                         Send a private message to Panthro
Old 24-03-2012, 03:28 AM   #29
verek_22
Licenced misery wizard

There's already more than one mod that lets you play Baldur's Gate 1 in BG2's engine. They'll have to do a bit more than that if they want to impress people.

I really hope they have some graphics updates in mind which just haven't been implemented yet.
verek_22 is offline                         Send a private message to verek_22
Old 24-03-2012, 04:10 AM   #30
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Looking at those images a bit they do look a bit smoother then I remember BG2 being. But at the same time they don't look too much better, but hey this is on the iPad so perhaps they are only getting it working on that thing and doing more for the PC version. Though really this is looking more and more like a lazy attempt to get us to fork over money for the same game with slight changes.

In other words they better be doing a bit more on the PC version if they want me to buy this again just like it seems other people are saying as well.