Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Your Reviews
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #21
saibot216
Super Freak

I hope people enjoyed my last set, but I got two roommates now and I'm pretty self conscious, so I need to figure out when they're both out of the room for whatever reason and then record another set then.
saibot216 is offline                         Send a private message to saibot216
Old 04-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #22
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I soo much hate the genre where you had to guess out EXACTLY THAT ONE KEYWORD. No wonder the genre no longer exists today, it sucked.

The controlls are awkward, you never know what you may sell and what not but you HAVE TO time to time sell things, the randomly-appearing-object-hunting is tedious...

Too bad, as this game looked too interresting.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #23
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
I soo much hate the genre where you had to guess out EXACTLY THAT ONE KEYWORD. No wonder the genre no longer exists today, it sucked.
guess? Nah, most People give you Hints.

Quote:
The controlls are awkward, you never know what you may sell and what not but you HAVE TO time to time sell things, the randomly-appearing-object-hunting is tedious...
awkward? how so? You can play with Mouse and Keyboard. You dont need to sell anything at all, since there is more then enough Coins to find.

Random? Nope, every item have a set Location.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 04-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #24
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
guess? Nah, most People give you Hints.

awkward? how so? You can play with Mouse and Keyboard. You dont need to sell anything at all, since there is more then enough Coins to find.

Random? Nope, every item have a set Location.
Well, for me the "clues" about the necessity of light/pipe was not at all obvious.

The locations of the appearing objects might be fix, but the popping-into-existence of objexts are random.
I mean how else would you define the appearence f the violinist in the bar, so far from the door you'd never see him when you don't know he is there (from a walkthrough)?

Also I've found it hard to pass doors or roomes crowded with furnitures, nt to mention pickable items are not obvious at all.

This kind of game gets no recomendation from me.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #25
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Working out who to ask for the pipe and where to get the match is called a puzzle they aren't meant to be easy. And it took me all of two seconds to notice that someone kept on using a pipe over and over. The harder ones are later on in the game but all the clues are there in the game.

Also you couldn't find the musician cause he was too far in the room...that just means you failed to fully explore the room. And he isn't exactly hidden, he is just at the back of the room.

And what are you on about, the popping into existence of items is random? What items pop into existence? As Paco said every item has a certain spawn point and it will be there.

Having trouble moving around things, never ran into the problem the game controls rather well for an Isometric veiw point game.

This game is drool worthy in the content it gives you and is pretty damn fun game play wise. The only thing I could ask from it more is if it had more combat and if combat actually made you better at fighting since at the moment the game is much easier to play if you avoid monsters.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 04-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #26
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
Working out who to ask for the pipe and where to get the match is called a puzzle they aren't meant to be easy. And it took me all of two seconds to notice that someone kept on using a pipe over and over. The harder ones are later on in the game but all the clues are there in the game.

Also you couldn't find the musician cause he was too far in the room...that just means you failed to fully explore the room. And he isn't exactly hidden, he is just at the back of the room.

And what are you on about, the popping into existence of items is random? What items pop into existence? As Paco said every item has a certain spawn point and it will be there.

Having trouble moving around things, never ran into the problem the game controls rather well for an Isometric veiw point game.

This game is drool worthy in the content it gives you and is pretty damn fun game play wise. The only thing I could ask from it more is if it had more combat and if combat actually made you better at fighting since at the moment the game is much easier to play if you avoid monsters.
And exactly what was the hint that you need light at all? Appart from sheer nothingness of course.

Not to mention dosbox's window is a little bit small, so no, I did not imediatelly saw someone is piping.

Second: I did explore that room. 5 minutes before. I reject fully exploring hugh maps again and again every second!

The violonist WAS an object poping into existence at random. Who said item? Not me, that's for sure.

Face it: this game sucks in some aspect, so I don't want a part of it, nor do I suggest this to others because of that.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #27
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

Quote:
Also I've found it hard to pass doors or roomes crowded with furnitures, not to mention pickable items are not obvious at all.
That is what Magnify is for. Its turnable in the Game Menu or just click "M" on the Keyboard to make Items bigger on Ground.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 04-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #28
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Well the hint for needing a light was...well oil doesn't just burn by itself now does it. That is like asking where the hint was that you needed to find a paddle to use a rowing boat.

And if you mean the Violinist after he dies? That is a triggered event, he is alive and well in the bar for the beginning of the game, then you walk into the bar, talk to the 3 people who keep you updated about where next to go in the game and they say he left and they heard noises and screaming from his room. Not to mention the bar is not a huge map...it is tiny.

As for dosbox, full screen it. Not exactly that hard of an idea really is it. If you don't know the command for that it is alt+enter, enjoy games in fullscreen.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 05-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #29
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
Well the hint for needing a light was...well oil doesn't just burn by itself now does it. That is like asking where the hint was that you needed to find a paddle to use a rowing boat.

And if you mean the Violinist after he dies? That is a triggered event, he is alive and well in the bar for the beginning of the game, then you walk into the bar, talk to the 3 people who keep you updated about where next to go in the game and they say he left and they heard noises and screaming from his room. Not to mention the bar is not a huge map...it is tiny.

As for dosbox, full screen it. Not exactly that hard of an idea really is it. If you don't know the command for that it is alt+enter, enjoy games in fullscreen.
No, I mean the vioolinist WHEN HE STARTS LIVING. He is at the start NOT in the bar, he appears only after the chick from your starting room goes down to the first floor. But at that time you ALREADY visited the damn bar, and from the doorway you can reach ALL OTHER persona, whom you already met.

Face it: this game sucks for all I care.