Old 05-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #91
guest/dj
Default Am I missing something simple?

Steps I took (on a plain DOS 6.22 machine):

1. download game
2. unzip to a directory named Legacy
3. run the install.bat and select no sound
4. type in legacy
5. opening sequence plays - goes to hourglass and crashed with above error (whether I enter Legacy, small or full)

am I missing something? Seems simple enough. I ran memmaker and got the
memory configured as needed (so no error there)......... This was the second game I bought after getting a 486DX pc - it ran on that with no problems (unfortunately I no longer have that pc). Thanks!

Old 28-01-2009, 05:13 AM   #92
Zainlong

Still no answer on how to save?
I just can't figure it out.
Zainlong is offline                         Send a private message to Zainlong
Old 28-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #93
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Considering it's a horror game, maybe only in pre-determined locations?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 31-01-2009, 04:59 PM   #94
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zainlong View Post
Still no answer on how to save?
I just can't figure it out.
According to the manual if you click the blue background with the right mouse button you will get a pop up menu that has options to save and restore games.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 08-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #95
Zainlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB View Post
According to the manual if you click the blue background with the right mouse button you will get a pop up menu that has options to save and restore games.
Thanks so much.
Nothing worse then playing for a few hours and not being able to come back.
Zainlong is offline                         Send a private message to Zainlong
Old 18-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #96
golan
Forum hobbit

Works like a charm for me in Dosbox 7.2.
golan is offline                         Send a private message to golan
Old 19-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #97
golan
Forum hobbit

The bloodbeasts on level 3 are particularly annoying - they are very difficult to fight in Melee and take up a lot of Flames of Desolation (or one or two mana-consuming higher level Flames of Desolation); pistols don't seem to work against them. They might even cause me to abandon the game - it's very difficult to proceed past them.
Old 28-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #98
golan
Forum hobbit

This game has a great concept that is marred by poor execution. The plot is an outstanding and very detailed Lovecraftian horror tale; the game's atmosphere is also very fitting, and many of the riddles and little details are interesting. However, the engine is outdated (Ultima Underworld came one year before this game and had a far more sophisticated 3D world to interact with) and very annoying - allowing you to turn only in 90-degree increments, for example; levels also tend to be quite repetitive and combat is annoying.
Old 26-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #99
zelenog

Hey guys, found this game in my brother's game collection.

It has all 6 "3.5 floppy diskettes (DOS) in a big box, with technical guide. The manual seems to be missing, but that's about all.

Is anybody interested in buying it? I'll let it go for a mere USD $10
I am moving out of the country soon, and can't justify to take it with me.

To play this game, I can add a brand new floppy disk drive (for which I have no use) for free.

I am not familiar how to play games that are on floppy disks tough- you'll need to test it yourself.
zelenog is offline                         Send a private message to zelenog
Old 29-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #100
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

This game is nothing but annoyance.

First: the equipment-system is annoyingly limited, and works in an anoying way.

Second: there are many items, and you don't know what you will need and where.

Third: this game at points is about pixel-hunting. I downloaded the walkthrough to have a basic understanding of the items, and accidently saw the Warlock-picture puzzle. Now I DID examine the picture before, but it turned out you need to examine A SPECIFIC POINT of the pixel. As there is no autohighlight option - what is the very basic of adventure-games -, this makes the game frustrating.

Fourth: the game allows free roaming. The bad part is, that the limitation of equipments, namely healing of HP and MP, forbids free roaming. So this game is about knowing every detail before even starting the game, and do thing in THAT exact order THEY planned, no exception.

Fifth: maybe because of the free roaming, maybe something else, but clues are easy to miss and die because of that. Like the Lurker yu find first time, and as it makes you scream, and is ugly, and roams around you most certainly attack. I found no clue ingame what says never attack a lurker. Stupid thing.

Sixth: this thing looks like some early version of Resident Evil. The problem is, clicking all around on a static interface, while the enemy dinamicly chases you, is unbearable.

The game's visuals, story, music and atmosphere would be top notch, but the gameplay is unhandleable.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight