Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #11
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I would also advise in trying using an older keyboard to see if the problem solve itself. You seem to be using a specialized keyboard which might not be backward compatible.
Old 16-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I have the same laptop as you, I'll give King's Bounty a go later tonight/tomorrow and see what happens.
Old 16-04-2011, 05:27 PM   #13
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Hummm... I didn't realize you were talking about a laptop.

In such a case, I still think trying a real keyboard might help. They sell USB keyboards all over the place now, and you can plug that in a laptop no problem.

If you can test this out and you still have the same problem then we will know that the problem is driver based.
Old 17-04-2011, 03:23 AM   #14
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anders View Post
Railroad Tycoon/1830; same issue, only can type numbers. 1830 is barely playable if I am careful.
Ummm... as far as I can tell (having worked on the crack for this myself) this game is mouse driven. You cannot type numbers in to rename the character at the beginning of the game... this much is true. The crack for the copy protection only requires pressing the Enter key for all screens presented. This is only a requirement for the first time you play the game on whichever system it was installed. The information relating to this is posted at the bottom of the Review for the game and also in the ReadMe.Txt file within the game archive posted on site.

Another possibility exists since your operating system is XP. This would have to do with the Ease of Accessibility "features" of XP, mainly Sticky Keys and Filter Keys interfering with the game's performance. This would probably involve having those functions active and the alert warning messages for their automatic activation turned off, but who knows? Just another possibility.
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid
Old 17-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #15
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

After the issue begins to occur in DOSBox, check if it also happens in Windows then.

I'd say you should shut down any extraneous processes running in the background and try again. If that still doesn't help, run a malware scan. No malware? Update your keyboard/motherboard drivers.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-06-2011, 03:31 AM   #16
Unregistered Dustin
Default My computer is doing the same thing

I have been running DOSBox for awhile now with no problems on Windows 7. I wanted to play Ultimate Doom that I had installed on my computer a long time ago but it wouldn't run in Windows 7 so I tried to download an emulator to run it and that's when I first noticed it. I tried mapping my own keys but every key I press just puts in a number and it's always in sequence 0 through 9. I then tried to run DOSBox and it does the same thing... I have deleted the emulator but it still doesn't work.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:43 AM   #17
Unregistered Dustin2
Default DOSBox fixed

Nevermind that last post, I ran an anti-malware program and removed one infected file and now everything works perfectly

Old 26-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #18
SibbyDibby
Default I know what you're going through

I've been having the same issue using a Lenovo G555 and that's how I came across your post. My keyboard's fine for everything except when I get into dos editor mode. Typing commands @ the prompt - no worries, but as soon as I type 'edit' and that other section comes up where a file can be created in DOS text editor mode - all hell breaks loose. I recently discovered that's the reason I'm not able to do what I want in NFS Shift 2 Unleashed.