Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #61
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

Ponyman, are those private messages you're quoting there? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Kosta, You've warned me for sharing somethign that was said "under four eyes". Why is Ponyman any different? I expect an answer, if I dont' get one, there's one thing that's obvious. And I'm not going to say it because apparantly people can't say the truth around here.
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 21-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #62
taikara
Abandonia Homie

Such drama, so tiring.

I wonder what the big deal is here... this is a game site, not freaking world domination. What is there to be political about? Is there nothing more worthwhile to do with your time? Give it a rest.
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 21-11-2006, 06:16 PM   #63
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Moli, reports are not private messages, they go to a large group of moderators and will be read by all of them. The fact they use the same mechanism as the PMs is irrelevant, I see no problem with the posting of mod reports in the open forum.

I posted the content of all nine of your reports in the Mod forum, I got them and read them as they came in. I did not think The Punisher's post was inappropriate enough to warrant mod action in its context. On reflection, I should have informed you of this, since you reported it, I did not and I apologise, I'll do so in future.

In any case, one report of a post, with a description of what you find offensive about the post, is always sufficient. Aside from that, the content of your later posts were rude and inappropriate; you know what you wrote, don't feign ignorance if you don't want me to post them all here.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 22-11-2006, 05:47 AM   #64
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(taikara @ Nov 21 2006, 06:36 PM) [snapback]268058[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I wonder what the big deal is here... this is a game site, not freaking world domination. What is there to be political about? Is there nothing more worthwhile to do with your time? Give it a rest.
[/b]
Of course! Everytime we have something going on, someone reminds that this is a game site!

But this is forum. We dont just talk about games, we talk about our lives, our passions, our dreams and hopes........

Just look at this!! This type of arguing and conspirating make's people want to leave!! You goddam shmucks!!

Kosta, there is a problem. I dont know what it is but please find it out and fix it!

Cheez.. <_<
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 22-11-2006, 06:45 AM   #65
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

It's like Big Brother, only on forums
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 22-11-2006, 07:35 AM   #66
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

*sigh*

Our dear Dissident brothers and sisters really are an angry little bunch of people.

I have never had a problem with this forum - until now.
But to be clear, the problem has nothing to do with the admins and moderators, rather, I am dissapointed that this topic (and the "open letter" topic that was locked yesterday [my time]) seems to be nothing more than muck-raking by certain people.
The tone of these two topics are so out of character with what I usually experience around here.
There is absolutely nothing to gain by being inflammatory and rude - on a forum or in real life.

On any forum that I have ever been a member of, I have found that the forum will thrive and flourish regardless of what the individual rules are so long as the users are respectful and decent in their dealings with one another - whether those users are general members or admins.

No-one else around here seemed to have the issues with the mods/admins that you are describing, and if they did/do then they were obviously dealing with it the right way - because there were no ugly topics opened, until your "Open Letter."

This all just stinks of people trying to make trouble, ugh.

We get it - you don't like the way things are being done, you're already Dissidents. But, just like The Fifth Horseman has already said - If you really don't like it that much, just leave.
Old 22-11-2006, 08:28 AM   #67
Japo
Autonomous human

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheChosen @ Nov 22 2006, 07:47 AM) [snapback]268131[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Kosta, there is a problem. I dont know what it is but please find it out and fix it![/b]
Well he founded the breakaway Dissidents' forum for people who are unhappy with how this forum is run --so that this very thing wouldn't happen and yet it's happening again--, I can't think of more benevolent a solution; it's too benevolent in my opinion, I wouldn't have done it. If you're asking for an alternative solution, it would be banning in other forums and I can't think of another one except submitting to the will of a minority against the owner's criterion, and then we'd have the same problem the other way around.

Some people argue that if they say why they're insulting then they're not insulting. I don't agree, but if somebody thinks that the anti-flaming rules are too tough here --they're supposed to be objective, not to depend on the mod-- he may consider that any grudge can be discussed without resorting to insults. Like in "I didn't like what you did at all" instead of "You're a complete idiot because what you did was moronic".
Old 22-11-2006, 09:49 AM   #68
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
tohe insults to Danny (yes some of them you mentioned were) were nto in the open letter. [/b]
The first two were posted by Puffin in a different thread, nonethless in public (until they were removed and put where only mods and admins can see them).
The other two were part of that "open letter" post.

Quote:
Ponyman, are those private messages you're quoting there? Correct me if I'm wrong.[/b]
I take it she doesn't even remember what she posted in the open. And yes, all reports are sent to a large group of mods.

Quote:
Kosta, You've warned me for sharing somethign that was said "under four eyes". Why is Ponyman any different? I expect an answer, if I dont' get one, there's one thing that's obvious. And I'm not going to say it because apparantly people can't say the truth around here.[/b]
The difference here is: what I quoted was evidence of inappropriate usage of the Report function by Puffin when he she claimed otherwise.

And with that I think I'll end my participation in this thread, as those battles with Puffin have cost me several hours of time I could spend on verifying old threads in the Requests forum.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-11-2006, 01:07 PM   #69
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheChosen @ Nov 22 2006, 06:47 AM) [snapback]268131[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
But this is forum. We dont just talk about games, we talk about our lives, our passions, our dreams and hopes........
[/b]
Being rude, and insulting people, and deliberately trying to cause trouble is hardly discussing your dreams and hopes. <_<

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 22-11-2006, 01:21 PM   #70
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Nov 22 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]268211[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheChosen @ Nov 22 2006, 06:47 AM) [snapback]268131[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
Being rude, and insulting people, and deliberately trying to cause trouble is hardly discussing your dreams and hopes. <_<
[/b][/quote]
Well, what if my dreams and hopes happen to be being rude, insulting people and causing trouble?:P
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles