Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-05-2006, 02:51 PM   #191
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

Don't recall all the Founding Fathers' names though I have written them down somewhere, but you can and do find more than one Fountain (in fact I'm sick of them two galleons are bringing them and more than a dozen imigrants waiting at the London docks [Viceroy level]); and yes you can trade with the other european powers (they try to pass on their surplus to you) albeit the Indian pay you more
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 19-05-2006, 02:39 AM   #192
laiocfar
NOD Commander

As i already said you need from Jan De Witt to trade with other europeans in America. You are always free to trade with independent nations in America but they are more likely to use a kind of Monroe doctrine and try to attack you.
You are right to say that is better to trade with indians but you should know that sometimes you choose to play as a bloody spanish conquistator so no idians to trade they only exist to be stolen, enslaved or killed.
Old 23-05-2006, 11:49 PM   #193
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
What thinks do you do at first? Is a city at the sea realy nessesary? The other KIs are faster then I am and I am plying at the easy way....
Use the pioner to colonize and with the ship and the soldier go to kick some one. Its easy at begining coz Ai, most of times, build a city with the pioner and other with the sold. So You get free extra sold and pioner And the chance of continue capturing colonist for ya. More tips... errr......no about the start of the game.

You need at least one port, i found that by having many ports you ve a tendency to become a good exporter that brings lots of cash in early years but few during the later game. That means that ya will end buying the army equiment to fight for independence. This means an stronger army compared to the army build by nations with many cities at innland that raises their own horses. But if the war get some hot, the innland nation will replace horsies and even artillery easier and worst in the independence war, the seashore nation will fight without bonuses and paying penalities.
So make some ports to build your economy but reinvest in innland armament industry.
Old 24-05-2006, 11:24 AM   #194
kruppa

ive gotta play civ 4 then.

but secondly: Colonization is so close to perfection that it dosent need a sequal that much.
Not when it is soo easy to play on modern computers. k:

question: i dont seem to remember, but was it possible (without cheating) to get a Man-o-war??? or was it only the Tory-forces that can get such a boat? was it never possible to buy one??? or am i wrong??

last question: i have never lost a colony to indians or foreigners, but when it happended, did it look like this???::::

Old 24-05-2006, 11:32 AM   #195
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally posted by kruppa@May 24 2006, 01:24 PM
question: i dont seem to remember, but was it possible (without cheating) to get a Man-o-war??? or was it only the Tory-forces that can get such a boat? was it never possible to buy one??? or am i wrong??
Once independence was declared, and if you held out long enough, a foreign power offered you help against your motherland--much like France and Spain lent the English colonies a hand against England. If I remember right, this new fried will provide you with Men-o-war.

Modern sequels do but screw good classics.
Old 24-05-2006, 11:47 AM   #196
Mcguffin

Quote:
Originally posted by kruppa@May 24 2006, 11:24 AM
You can get it as part of the intervention force during the war of independence. If you lose any, they cannot be replaced.

On a side note, I wish they made the war of independence harder. It's always way too easy for me, even on viceroy (I've never lost more than 1 colony to the king).

Old 24-05-2006, 05:29 PM   #197
Raasted
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
last question: i have never lost a colony to indians or foreigners, but when it happended, did it look like this???::::
Yes - though it only happens when the colony is lost "forever" - destroyed.....

And as said before - the intervention forces from the other european powers includes man-o-war(s)...

I agree - the only flaw in the game is the (lacking) difficulty...

/Raasted
Raasted is offline                         Send a private message to Raasted
Old 02-06-2006, 01:42 AM   #198

did you know that if you sink all his majesties ships the game gets stuck and you cannot finish because he cannot land the last of his troops so no independance

Old 02-06-2006, 05:23 AM   #199
laiocfar
NOD Commander

I dont belive it possible, the chance of sinking a ship is related to the number of ships in the game. If there are 40 ships, its more like next naval battle one ends with the fish; if there are only the 4 start ships + 1 combat ship it is near impossible to sink anyone. With a little adjustement of that equation and last ship of the royal fleet is invincible.
Plus you dont need to defeat the whole royal force, by controlling all cities and holding when last complete comboy arribes. You dont need to defeat the last two regulars that dont make a full comboy, the royal fleet, etc.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:20 AM   #200
severus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 2 2006, 03:42 AM) [snapback]233707[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
did you know that if you sink all his majesties ships the game gets stuck and you cannot finish because he cannot land the last of his troops so no independance
[/b]
Cool i got to try... And how could I do that? How could i know where his majesty will land?
severus is offline                         Send a private message to severus