Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-07-2005, 09:36 PM   #1
joelinator

You know how there is a big controversy on san andreas, what do you think will happen? with the san andreas thing, I think some people might sue the company out of business or they have to put the rating for AO. but wouldn't putting the rating for AO make the company lose money?
joelinator is offline                         Send a private message to joelinator
Old 21-07-2005, 10:33 PM   #2
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

They're releasing a new versino of the game, without the code that the Hot Coffee mod exploits.
I think it's silly as it's an example of a particularly prevalent attitude in America. "Oh, yes, you can go around chopping policemen to bits with a chainsaw but it's only a bit of violence... OH MY GOD! SEX! YOU CAN'T SHOW SEX NOOOOOO!"
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 21-07-2005, 10:39 PM   #3
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

"Oh No! Animated nudity. Quick hide the children, poor skin textures are coming to deprave the youngsters. If they get within ten miles of my off spring I’ll blow ‘m all away with my shotgun and semi-automatic assault rifle"
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 21-07-2005, 10:46 PM   #4
Shunk Eat Enemy
Game Wizzard

the same thing has been said on a south park episode havell...

i hate america...
Shunk Eat Enemy is offline                         Send a private message to Shunk Eat Enemy
Old 21-07-2005, 11:28 PM   #5
joelinator

good thing i pre-ordered the xbox version. I'm also so happy that I just beat the game today. Life is all good for me and can you tell me how to see that mod thingy, I'd like to know LOL
joelinator is offline                         Send a private message to joelinator
Old 22-07-2005, 01:47 AM   #6
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by R Havell@Jul 21 2005, 10:33 PM
They're releasing a new versino of the game, without the code that the Hot Coffee mod exploits.
I think it's silly as it's an example of a particularly prevalent attitude in America. "Oh, yes, you can go around chopping policemen to bits with a chainsaw but it's only a bit of violence... OH MY GOD! SEX! YOU CAN'T SHOW SEX NOOOOOO!"
Good point.
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 22-07-2005, 03:04 AM   #7
Shunk Eat Enemy
Game Wizzard

havell this is where you should quote clockwork orange about all the sex and violence in san andreas
Shunk Eat Enemy is offline                         Send a private message to Shunk Eat Enemy
Old 22-07-2005, 04:11 AM   #8
holyman9
Forum hobbit

you guys should check out the new penny arcade. Laugh at the comic but do note what the guy says in the newspost.

Also, according to an ESRB interview with Game Spot, the ESRB slapped the AO rating, but while acknowledging that a third-party may have done it.

Even if its true, I am still really angry at Rock Star. They just seem to purposly try to push the buttons of everyone around them. Games like Manhunt and GTA:SA have needless gore. GTA:SA is fun, but it would be just as entertaining if it was toned down a bit. GTA1 and GTA2 were really great games, and violence in them was always cartoonish and themes were never as serious as with their new games.
holyman9 is offline                         Send a private message to holyman9
Old 22-07-2005, 07:27 AM   #9
joelinator

one question, some parents buy this game for their kids, and they are complaining because of the voilence and sex. not only that, but this isnt the first time grand theft auto had a nation wide controversy. Those people are complaining because that game isnt "appropiate" for kids. they don't notice that this game isn't for kids anyway. now my question is why? after all i just explained, why do they still complain?
Old 22-07-2005, 11:19 AM   #10
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

If you are not a kid, and are allowed legally to buy the game, why on earth do you buy it if it has too much violence for you? Just don't buy it and let the people who don't mind the violence, buy and play the game.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios