Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #121
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Some of them are already on FTP, I will check which ones exactly.

Also, from the top of my head I can say that Sopwith is on site, most of Apogee shareware games (Paganitzu and Crystal Caves for example) are still being sold etc.

If it is a shareware game, then we won't accept it. Well, we will if it is full version and it has been released to public domain. Otherwise, perhaps it is for Reloaded.

If the game is free from the start, then it's also for Reloaded. There is some tiny chance to be added here if it is very old, however.

We also host only official releases. If some utility is made by fans, it is not our field.

If you have full versions of shareware games, it might be useful to preserve them by uploading either here or at Reloaded (or we will move it over). They won't be selling forever anyway (hopefully). I'll check. Are all these full versions of shareware games you're offering?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 18-12-2012, 11:01 PM   #122
BonzaiThePenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
most of Apogee shareware games (Paganitzu and Crystal Caves for example) are still being sold etc.
Oh wow, I had Paganitzu in my collection, but just bought this one and can confirm that it's exactly the same thing. Shame, shame, other abandonware site.
BonzaiThePenguin is offline                         Send a private message to BonzaiThePenguin
Old 27-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #123
pzict

Aldo's Adventure! what a great game
pzict is offline                         Send a private message to pzict
Old 22-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #124
stanleyopar2000
Abandonia nerd

2 years later...

*Your status is now "married" (yup! it's true)

*you turn west*

*a thread bump has appeared in your way!*

anyway...all kidding aside...so no reviews are required anymore?..that means I can upload them FINALLY right? Sorry but I didn't have time to review them all years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Some of them are already on FTP, I will check which ones exactly.

If you have full versions of shareware games, it might be useful to preserve them by uploading either here or at Reloaded (or we will move it over). They won't be selling forever anyway (hopefully). I'll check. Are all these full versions of shareware games you're offering?
I uploaded them to Kosta and The Fifth Horseman via FTP years ago and they should have them...if not think I have the ZIP that I gave to him

aanndd ehhh no. The shareware in the list in the OP is not the full version heh.

*looks at the OP and posts after that*

*facepalms* my god I was so. so. so...stupid. ._>

also..I noticed a lot of the download links have been pulled that I remember years ago I got from here but now they are being sold on steam or GOG. How times change

Last edited by stanleyopar2000; 22-06-2014 at 04:19 PM.
stanleyopar2000 is offline                         Send a private message to stanleyopar2000
Old 26-06-2014, 09:15 AM   #125
Japo
Autonomous human

Well congratulations on the marriage thing! :-)

Indeed we don't really need reviews, but someone still has to take the time and work to publish the games onto the website.

We do need screenshots of each game. If these aren't contributed, as a last resort we could take them ourselves when we want to publish each game, but this can take a much much longer time to happen.
Old 26-06-2014, 06:42 PM   #126
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Well, Japo, then publish games with screenshots initially?

I can make screenshots for DOS-games, if needed, without much hassle (of course, it will be only shots of the initial game stages... but who cares?
Old 26-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #127
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, I do... but I guess that's better than nothing.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 28-01-2019, 10:38 PM   #128
stanleyopar2000
Abandonia nerd

Super necro. Its Stan again. I actually got the gumption to potentially work on this project but now I can't find my original pc gaming mega pack shareware disk and i don't know if the original FTP credentials that were given to me still work.

Anybody could help a longtime member out that would be great I just finished moving and I'm pretty bummed that the disk is potentially gone
stanleyopar2000 is offline                         Send a private message to stanleyopar2000
Old 29-01-2019, 12:40 PM   #129
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

I hardly can help you to find old disks. What other help can I offer?
Old 29-01-2019, 01:16 PM   #130
stanleyopar2000
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
I hardly can help you to find old disks. What other help can I offer?
Do you know if my zip file is still on the FTP server?

I found a couple external HDD's so I might have backed the CD files on one of them.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000; 29-01-2019 at 01:46 PM.