Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-07-2005, 10:05 PM   #31
Marquis Celt Dragon
Forum hobbit

Great Game!!!!!!!!! There are some bones to pick about it but i love the way you have heroes. Some of the gameplay is difficult to figure out being you have to do so much on without clues that they need to be done, but we forgive and not forget. :ranting: I like using the most powerful knight you get in the second part for my main fighter he is a great warrior. I make him my general not that wuss, lancelot. hehe. i suggest if you like party rpg games than try this one.
Marquis Celt Dragon is offline                         Send a private message to Marquis Celt Dragon
Old 23-07-2005, 04:53 AM   #32
Amayirot Akago
Hiya, dollface.

Quote:
Originally posted by Marquis Celt Dragon@Jul 23 2005, 12:05 AM
Great Game!!!!!!!!! There are some bones to pick about it but i love the way you have heroes. Some of the gameplay is difficult to figure out being you have to do so much on without clues that they need to be done, but we forgive and not forget. :ranting: I like using the most powerful knight you get in the second part for my main fighter he is a great warrior. I make him my general not that wuss, lancelot. hehe. i suggest if you like party rpg games than try this one.
:blink: I think you're confused with another game.

I didn't enjoy this one as much as other Sierra games, mostly because of the odd riddles. Still a nice enough game.

I also have the sequel, called Conquest of the Longbow, which features Robin Hood as the main character. Haven't played it all that much yet, but the musical introduction is fantastic k:
Old 20-08-2005, 12:35 AM   #33
Internet Stealth Man

Ok, What would you all do for me if I told you that you can get this game from the designers web site for free ?

I mean, if the DESIGNER herself is releasing the game on her site for free? Then we as the "abadonia community" cant possibly be breaking any laws right ?

Well, here you go!! ENJOY - This is my contribution to this site. MY way of "thanking" you abandonia!!!

http://www.christymarx.com/writing/camelotfiles.htm

Old 06-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #34
Freddie

Does anyone else have problems getting the sound to run? Do you use VDM sound, or maybe Dosbox?

Old 23-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #35

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MV75 @ Apr 24 2005, 08:24 AM) [snapback]99379[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by sierrarocks1983@Apr 24 2005, 06:06 AM
Hey everybody,

I had never played this game before, but it's really fun so far. I'm having a problem tho. When I'm fixing to go to Gaza on the ship, I only have 2 gold coins left from all of my materialistic god donations . Was I supposed to get more gold before I left?? Thanks for the help!

Lecia
Yes, whenever you get back to the castle, always make a trip to the treasury.
[/b]
you can give the guy 2 gold and 5 silver, thats what i did and it worked fine. you can also go back to the treasury after you give the "gods" the gold and refill, then go.
Timma

Old 10-08-2006, 11:26 PM   #36
Hannah

I played this game years ago, before the internet and therefore the era of free easy walkthroughs... and I got stuck in Glasterbury Tor (or whatever).. didn't play it for 6 months.. later picked it up and managed to win the game! I loved this game. It had the old type in your commands interface, which was fun at the time... trying to find hidden responses from programmers. The women in Fatima for example was interesting
It was hard to win, but I liked it.

Old 04-09-2006, 02:08 AM   #37
Sheila

Wait... there was a manual? I played this with my old Tandy, and I have to say this was and will be my most favorite game. The riddles and action sequences were fantastic (I had to figure them out by myself, pre-Google) What can I say... I was addicted.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mika @ Apr 19 2005, 06:43 PM) [snapback]97436[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Man did I love this game! My friend and I played it, and because we didn't have the manual (I heard the hints were there) we had to try and figure out all those riddles and puzzles by ourselves. I remember sifting through encyclopedias and reading about all kinds of greek mythology to get the answers. Definitely recommended!
[/b]

Old 18-02-2007, 06:57 PM   #38
Mousazz
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marquis Celt Dragon @ Apr 28 2005, 11:57 PM) [snapback]101837[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
:help: I need help majorly. I am fighting that stupid stinking little saracen. It like majorly cant do. In like 10 swings you guy is so tired that it takes like a minute for him to swing, on top of his retarded style that allows the saracen to know he is attacking before he even actually swings his sword. HOW in the world am i supposed to beat a guy who can block like all my swings? Lost in this stupid unrealistic battle that follows no trained fighting style.
Signed medieval freak.
[/b]
block his attacks until he's tired, and let your character rest about 10 seconds before attacking again, get it?
Mousazz is offline                         Send a private message to Mousazz
Old 11-08-2007, 07:54 AM   #39

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mousazz @ Feb 18 2007, 08:57 PM) [snapback]279872[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marquis Celt Dragon @ Apr 28 2005, 11:57 PM) [snapback]101837[/snapback]
Quote:
:help: I need help majorly. I am fighting that stupid stinking little saracen. It like majorly cant do. In like 10 swings you guy is so tired that it takes like a minute for him to swing, on top of his retarded style that allows the saracen to know he is attacking before he even actually swings his sword. HOW in the world am i supposed to beat a guy who can block like all my swings? Lost in this stupid unrealistic battle that follows no trained fighting style.
Signed medieval freak.
[/b]
block his attacks until he's tired, and let your character rest about 10 seconds before attacking again, get it?
[/b][/quote]

The manual shows exactly which moves authur can do with the sword vs. the saracen. It also mentions you have a Great Blow High and a Great Blow Low. These attacks will take longer to do, and once started cannot be stopped. It is recommended that you use the High, Middle and Low attacks, which if facing the saracen would be 9, 6, 3 respectively and on the keypad.

This is a wonderous game, I still have all 10 original 5 1/4" floppy disks, and they STILL work 110% like I bought them yesterday.

When I got it from when it first came out, it took me 1 full year to beat. Now, without those darned riddle stones, only takes me like half an hour.

I noticed someone saying the Black Knight was impossible. The best way to beat him is, as soon as you are on your horse before the battle, or right at the beginning, put your shield all up, and all left, which is E and S. Then, put your lance all right and down using the keypad. As the knight comes toward you, his lance looks kinda small, but then there is a part where it looks bigger, at that part using the keypad, move the lance left only, which should knock him off. Do this each time and you shall win. I havent played in a looooooooooooooong time, so dont quote me on the shield position.

Old 24-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #40
Mousazz
Game freak

There's a good manual HERE. All it lacks is some answers for the aphrodite statue in the catacombs, which you could find HERE
As for the black knight, you must make sure his lance DOESN'T hit your shield. As for your lance, well, you must put it in the center, and when the black knight wants to block, you move it to the left or right.
And when fighting the saracen, use
7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

for

strong high attack | block high | high attack
go back | block middle | middle attack
strong low attack | block low | low attack

. I'm telling you, first block the saracen until he's tired, then hit him little after little.

Last edited by Mousazz; 24-06-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Mousazz is offline                         Send a private message to Mousazz