Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-08-2004, 07:07 PM   #11
Kiddiarni

When you defend only half of your army is fighting <_<

Thats both good and bad, because if you lose, you only lose half of your forces and the defending forces are always 2 times their normal strength...

So if your army is big enough, the half shouldn't be very small and might be able to keep them away

Old 26-08-2004, 07:13 PM   #12
Dream
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Dream

Well...I always lost when I was defending y' know.

Anyway Castles I were maybe better.
Old 26-08-2004, 07:15 PM   #13
Kiddiarni

mm..I didnt find that one

Old 27-08-2004, 02:50 AM   #14
revgb
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to revgb

okay heres some tips when ever they attack you unless uve got a bigger army then them ur prolly better of retreating then just attacking them back, u can qipe them out using divide and conquer as long as u always retret when ur being attked u will only ever have to fight half of there army at a time with your full army - ie u have a huge advantage. The computer almost never retrets and when they do they let u kill some of there ppls first

also by policing the realm (in the milatary section) u can stop sabatours and spys, BUT uf u police the realm wiht like 4 milatary and they sabatour u with 6 i think they can still get thru, im not 100% on that

revgb is offline                         Send a private message to revgb
Old 12-09-2004, 12:55 AM   #15
Meeper

Castles II may be interesting due to it's strategic elements (although there were far more engrossing strategic titles available in '92), Castles I was far more enjoyable despite only building one castle at a time.

Watching peon's actually build your castle was fantastic and being attacked before your castle was complete (and thus having missing sections that enemy forces could storm) added a great deal to the gameplay. Despite the additions that Interplay made for the sequel, the original was a vastly superior game.

Old 14-09-2004, 11:07 PM   #16
machwell

Suddenly i cant attack anymore... I have realms revolting and I can't attack to take them back, i have a military rating of 7 and 7 archers, 7 infantery and 2 knights... what's wrong?

Old 20-10-2004, 08:27 PM   #17
Jimbo

Castles is wicked! Used to own it but lost it movin house a few times.

I've downloaded Csatles II but i have no manual............. WHERE CAN I GET IT!!!!

Would really like a copy of castles I any ideas

I've been searching for years...

E-Mail me please before i rip out my hair!!!!

Cheers

Jimbo

nineinchjt@hotmail.com

Old 21-10-2004, 09:35 AM   #18
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by machwell@Sep 14 2004, 10:07 PM
Suddenly i cant attack anymore... I have realms revolting and I can't attack to take them back, i have a military rating of 7 and 7 archers, 7 infantery and 2 knights... what's wrong?
I had same problem when Pope banished me (or whatever is a word). You know, when you can't apply for the throne anymore. A cross appears on that paper on the main screen. He do that when relation with Pope is under 3. Well, happiness of your people fall on 1 and untill you raise it to 3 you can't attack. If you like conquering (and I guess that most of you do) that shouldn't be much of a problem.
Realtions with Pope is lowered if you attack some opponent wich is "good" with Pope. Then, Pope will ask you for some money for your sins. If you pay him, relations will become better again, but it's damn expensive. When he excommunicate you, relation with him and happines are 1. You can then pay him twice to restore relations to 3 and then ask him to "put you back in buisness" or you can do it hard way
Quickly improve your happines to 3 and you are able to attack again, but Pope will not bother you anymore. So you can conquer whole country, even Pope's lands, to become a king. Or you can conquer great majority, and when you are rich enough, restore and very mucj improve relations with Pope and then ask him to proclaim you a king. I know most of you will be agressive, I understand that
Onley problem is, while you are at war, other rulers can become king, thanks to Pope offcourse.
Build castles to keep your lands from revolting. You don't need castle in every theritoy. Build base of the castle and when you are able to build it, you'll see that. I'm not quite sure what exactly you need for that.
As for the strategy "retreat and attack", or "Come to Kiza"-strategy (as it is known in my country), it is very effective here. I'm sure that defending units have double strength, but I doub it is effective when outnumbered. You can retreat and attack, and then group your knights and archers to attack one-by-one. They'll fall like a wheat under sickle-hook. If there is a castle, tell your knights to wait untill you break through the wall and then it is same. Your knights attack in group and they come one-by-one. Just make sure that after you kill one your knights don't just stupidly stand and look one of their brother fighting an enemy about half of yard beside them. :Titan:
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 03-11-2004, 03:20 AM   #19
clueless

how does dosbox work? :help: i can't get it tolet me play! could someone please help me! :help: my email is biter_beater@yahoo.com PLEASE!!

Old 12-11-2004, 11:54 PM   #20
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I use VDMSound with XP and it works fine.

Do someone have the manual for this game? After playing it a few times my experience became frustrating at best. I am very good at the management part of the game but I can't help but get trashed as soon as I get attacked. A castle only slightly reduce the number of casualties...

If only they would be slowed down by walls and such... But they seems to be able to walk over water and climb walls like proffessionals...