Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-03-2005, 11:49 PM   #1
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

Last edited by Luchsen; 23-01-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 15-03-2005, 12:17 AM   #2
punch999
The true Shadow President

Yes i have been waitig for this game forever since i was a huge fan of eob 2
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 15-03-2005, 01:29 AM   #3
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Never played one of these. But this one sounds very interesting. Think I should try one. Is necessary to start from the beginning ?
This one looks best...
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 15-03-2005, 06:32 AM   #4
Tony

No, you don't have to start from the first episode. Although, keep in mind that the 2nd episode "Assault on Myth Drannor" was the best of the three of them.

Old 15-03-2005, 07:10 AM   #5
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Well, seems like you can import your party from one game to the next, so you can actually adventure through all three games while keeping your advancements (kinda like in QfG )
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 15-03-2005, 07:47 AM   #6
MV75
Abandonia nerd

Yep, you can take a party (including most of their items as well), from 1st to 3rd game.

It's great because you get +5 weapons in the first game, (long sword, halberd, daggers), the best you get later is only +4. Actually, you get a +5 two handed holy sword in the 3rd, but it's so near the end it doesn't matter.

Also I don't know if anyone else knows, but in the 2nd EOB, there is a particular room in the azure tower that has a switch that releases a LOT of those big demon bear things (I can't be bothered getting my book right now to check). After killing them you can reset the switch and do it again. Just keep going until your characters have the experience needed to gain ~20 level as per the tables in the EOB3 manual, and when you import them over to EOB3, just kill a few of the grave mists for pretty much instant level up's, and you practically begin the game as ~20th level (max level).
________
VAPIR OXYGEN VAPORIZER

Last edited by MV75; 05-05-2011 at 10:02 AM.
MV75 is offline                         Send a private message to MV75
Old 15-03-2005, 08:48 AM   #7
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by MV75@Mar 15 2005, 08:47 AM
Also I don't know if anyone else knows, but in the 2nd EOB, there is a particular room in the azure tower that has a switch that releases a LOT of those big demon bear things (I can't be bothered getting my book right now to check). After killing them you can reset the switch and do it again. Just keep going until your characters have the experience needed to gain ~20 level as per the tables in the EOB3 manual, and when you import them over to EOB3, just kill a few of the grave mists for pretty much instant level up's, and you practically begin the game as ~20th level (max level).
Yea, but what's the point? Part of the fun in such games is lvling up and picking up new items, when you deprive yourself of that, there's not much more left to it. Besides, the game already is easy enough as it is.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 15-03-2005, 09:01 AM   #8
Spoonman
Flyswatter

Yeah well this is just one of those typical RPG series I didn't like. Don't know what it was exactly, but I just got bored with it.
Old 15-03-2005, 06:21 PM   #9
Guest i am

The copy protection link on extras seems to have extra "448" there, link works without it.

Old 21-03-2005, 08:55 PM   #10
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

I got a question, if anyone has played both EotB2 and EotB2, for someone wholooks for pretty graphics, massive exploration, game length, diversity in weapons, but not really too picky on storyline or puzzle difficulty, which is better, 2 or 3?
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka