Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-06-2004, 09:49 AM   #21
LotharGR
Super Freak

Ion engines aren't science fiction... they do exist already. Sattelites use them only to make corrections to their routes ( because ion engines have limited thrust capabilities. ). But the warp-travel is completely another thing... Sadly, it may sound promising as a theory ( and actually, who knows, it may be right ), but its just that. A theory. It is supposed that the ship that enters warp speed, it creates a artificial "warm hole" and through that hole travels to wherever it wants. Problem is: how do you create a warm hole? It has been speculated that the ship must be able to create a gravitional field with the energy of the entire universe!. And it isn't only that. We do not know how the physical laws of our universe are altered inside the worm hole. The theory that a ship can go at light speed inside it is just a speculation. We really do not know what happens inside in those things.
It seems that faster-than-light speed is still a unreachable dream... and it will be as so for many many generations to come
LotharGR is offline                         Send a private message to LotharGR
Old 01-06-2004, 11:19 AM   #22
FreeFreddy

When the people change their society form so that all people are true friends on entire world (or like that, no utopia, should happen in approximately 100-150 years), the discovery of such possibility as travelling in space with light-speed and then even faster should be only a matter of some centuries as everybody will focus his forces on this discovery.

Old 01-06-2004, 08:58 PM   #23
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
BTW does anyone know how to end the mission where you find damage Republica ship? i mean you have to battle against enterprise replica+2 ships. i find it impossible to win them all.
I know you overall score in the missions affects the difficulty level of the final battle. If you had a lowsy score it would be harder if you did it better then it would get easier.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 01-06-2004, 09:44 PM   #24
LotharGR
Super Freak

Quote:
When the people change their society form so that all people are true friends on entire world (or like that, no utopia, should happen in approximately 100-150 years)
Better do that 1000-1500 years. 150 years are extremely few to unite a completely divided human race.. The things that keep us seperated are far too more than the things that unite us. The only thing that can happen and i see that as a good chance for humanity to stand united, is something like a "universal" danger. I don't know what that may be ( a meteor falling, a dramatic climate change, or a alien invasion :P ) but that will be the only hope to stand united against something as a whole race. If something like that does not happen, i don't see the humanity united anywhere in the near future.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:07 AM   #25
FreeFreddy

Europe did the first step already even if it is not even close as fulfilled and not yet that what it should become later, but that IS the first step. And with 1000-1500 years: did you notice how changes appear today in only 5-6 if not 2 years? The time flows now much faster than it did in Middle Ages or earlier and so do the changes.
And the people are much more similarly than you think. All have same feelings, all have same needs, and if you can speak Japanese, there would be no problem to become friend of an japanese as we all are the same people with the same emotions. If we would take our time and educate our children in correct way (which unfortunately isn't happening today), there would be not even need for any wars that politicians are proclaiming.
:wink: Anyway, we are off topic and in wrong thread for it, but we could continue in other if you wish.

Old 02-06-2004, 03:23 PM   #26
LotharGR
Super Freak

I don't know... i am generaly not a optimistic person. I hope of course that you are right. Who wants a planet destroyed by wars etc? I am just not that optimistic. But history teaches us that humans unite more easily in the face of danger, no matter what are their differences... So, who knows what might happen Anyway - we are really off topic.
Old 24-06-2004, 07:04 PM   #27
DeathCore
Forum hobbit

Okay, back on topic...
I have the original CD with voices and music
DeathCore is offline                         Send a private message to DeathCore
Old 18-07-2004, 08:45 AM   #28
Anonymous

I seem to have a very similar game called Judgement Rites...

Old 18-07-2004, 03:00 PM   #29
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Judgement Rights is the sequal to 25th. I would love to put it up but I have only the CD version and that one is too large for the site. If you have a smaller version and would like to supply it please let us know.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 18-07-2004, 08:33 PM   #30
FreeFreddy

I have Judgement Rites and compressed it's only 17.5 MB. I never played the game though and don't know if it is full or if it's missing something.