Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-07-2007, 07:08 PM   #1
lindyloud

Thumbs up

im in serious need of someone's patient help!
i have been trying to install the 7th guest from Disc which i have recently bought on to my new lap top fully equiped with XP... everytime i try and downlaod this im having the same problem, the game runs like its gonna install fine but when it comes to testing video settings the game freezes and won't go any further
I think it is a problem with my computer being too good for the game... everytime i ask someone about this they refer me to this: http://home.earthlink.net/~infernofilecabi...Guest_Setup.htm

But im getting stuck on ,my video settings and cant go any further..
i would love it if someone could help me or suggest ways in which to fix my problem
and just to make things better im a bit of a novice.. so please speak slowley and clearly
Plleeeeeese!!

lindyloud is offline                         Send a private message to lindyloud
Old 02-07-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
catchaserguns
Games Master

The 7th Guest is a dos game so you need to use the dos emulation program called Dosbox. You can find a link to it on this site.
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns
Old 03-07-2007, 11:00 AM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You might want to read A Beginner's Guide to DOSBox while you're at that. Tried to write it so it's easy for novices, but if any portions of it turn out problematic or incomprehensible - feel free to ask.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman