Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-02-2015, 08:09 PM   #1
MuzzyF8
Forum hobbit

Default Site Issue on 21:9 monitor 2560x1080

Hi...

I'm not sure it's good place to write, but I think it's best choice.

I'm a user of 2560x1080 21:9 monitor since yesterday and abandonia is the only one site I visit everyday which whole page is aligned to left. Which looks very strange.

Is it possible to add some CENTER tags to the code?
Most sites renders in the center when resolution is higher than expected - abandonia doesn't.

With my kinda monster monitor I have about half of the screen white on the right.

P.S. Forums behave the same. :P
MuzzyF8 is offline                         Send a private message to MuzzyF8
Old 29-07-2017, 06:24 AM   #2
alastairarran
Default Best Education Website

One that I find truly helpful, and as an instructor dependably utilizes it when starting to design a subject, to discover what assets are as of now out there, is the top paper service site. This is the Best education site which gives all different Courses. Here you will get complete notes and test papers for all classes. Simply visit the link given below.

Old 30-07-2017, 01:58 AM   #3
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzyF8 View Post
Hi...

I'm not sure it's good place to write, but I think it's best choice.

I'm a user of 2560x1080 21:9 monitor since yesterday and abandonia is the only one site I visit everyday which whole page is aligned to left. Which looks very strange.

Is it possible to add some CENTER tags to the code?
Most sites renders in the center when resolution is higher than expected - abandonia doesn't.

With my kinda monster monitor I have about half of the screen white on the right.

P.S. Forums behave the same. :P
Hi MuzzyF8.

Unfortunately many websites were created for pre-widescreen size like the Abandonia website. I noticed that in the case of Abandonia Forums, if you enter the usual link, you will have the same problem of the main site.

Now, if you type the link (the top site menus are subtracted), the size, or rather the width of the Abandonia Forums will fit the size and resolution of the your monitor.

Another way to get around the problem would be to zoom in on the site, but unfortunately the font size of the texts will also be larger. It is not a satisfactory workaround, but there is nothing we can do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alastairarran View Post
One that I find truly helpful, and as an instructor dependably utilizes it when starting to design a subject, to discover what assets are as of now out there, is the top paper service site. This is the Best education site which gives all different Courses. Here you will get complete notes and test papers for all classes. Simply visit the link given below.
Wow! And I thought that yoga and Poke-man were the kings of nonsense, but it looks like a new emperor came along. Congratulations on ascending to the throne of (dis)grace.
Old 31-07-2017, 02:34 AM   #4
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Thumbs down

Hi MuzzyF8... now that I know there are others out there with higher resolutions I will keep that in mind for future designs of my softwares. Currently my softwares automatically resizes it according to your resolution however it does not center it at this time. If you download my latest software in the Jesus Christ!hehe section or even in the attachment here the Windows TicTacToe resizes the game board to the screen resolution. However the bigger the resolution the slower it is so I am not an expert right now okay? So don't complain if you have to wait 3 hours for it to check one box! hehe
Attached Files
File Type: rar THUYEN.rar (818.9 KB, 0 views)
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen
Old 31-07-2017, 09:15 PM   #5
MuzzyF8
Forum hobbit

I almost forget about my complaining. :P

When I open topics in new tab forum opens on "fulll screen"

Nice to see grave diggin' here.
MuzzyF8 is offline                         Send a private message to MuzzyF8
Old 31-07-2017, 09:52 PM   #6
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzyF8 View Post
I almost forget about my complaining. :P

When I open topics in new tab forum opens on "fulll screen"

Nice to see grave diggin' here.
In addition to this advantage or benefit, this view also “removes” ads and banners... Goodbye! Adblock Plus!
Old 31-07-2017, 11:50 PM   #7
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Programming for different resolutions isn't that hard if you've been doing it for a while. However it is work like everything else. Websites are programs that tries to cater to each screen size. That work goes to the programmer. Unfortunately I only specialize in DOS and I'm lucky DOS programs extends itself easily up to Windows XP. The attached program might crunch the screen with a black border however it is centered on my end and that is on VirtualBox.
Attached Files
File Type: rar text.rar (548.3 KB, 0 views)
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen