Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-02-2007, 10:49 PM   #1
Fatih

Default Tone Rebellion, The

hi to all and thanks for this site. as an old game lover, this site is a savior for me. anyway this game the tone rebellion, i have it but its in a multiple game cd with 23 games. to do that i think they erase some intros or such. so i want to ask is anyone have its cd image ?
Fatih is offline                         Send a private message to Fatih
Old 26-02-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Sorry bub, still sold.

Therefore, we cannot:
1. put it up for download on Abandonia
2. provide you with links to any source of download
3. send you the archive through e-mail or any messenger programs

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-03-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
Fatih

ok but i look their companys site, even they dont have it on their store and i search from the internet and from here "http://www.mobygames.com/game/tone-rebellion" even mobygames dont have it. but ok if the company still hold rigths of it, i will not ask it again.

and can you explain me if you cant put games on still sold, how you can put x-com 1 ? its still on sale. as you see from here "http://www.xcomufo.com/x1dl.html"
Old 01-03-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
ok but i look their companys site, even they dont have it on their store[/b]
What do you mean by that, exactly? (I know their entire site seems to be down at the moment)

Quote:
if the company still hold rigths of it[/b]
The company is not actively protecting this title as far as we know. Only the fact that CD-Access is selling it prevents us from placing it on the site.

Quote:
and can you explain me if you cant put games on still sold, how you can put x-com 1 ? its still on sale. as you see from here "http://www.xcomufo.com/x1dl.html"[/b]
Is it?
Quote:
Product Detail Not Found

The product you are looking for is either invalid or no longer available on our website. Most of our products are manufacturer overstock and publisher closeouts. Because of this our inventory and product selections change very frequently. If you see a product today it could be gone tomorrow! [/b]

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-03-2007, 02:43 PM   #5
Fatih

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Mar 1 2007, 04:50 PM) [snapback]281449[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
ok but i look their companys site, even they dont have it on their store[/b]
What do you mean by that, exactly? (I know their entire site seems to be down at the moment)

Quote:
if the company still hold rigths of it[/b]
The company is not actively protecting this title as far as we know. Only the fact that CD-Access is selling it prevents us from placing it on the site.

Quote:
and can you explain me if you cant put games on still sold, how you can put x-com 1 ? its still on sale. as you see from here "http://www.xcomufo.com/x1dl.html"[/b]
Is it?
Quote:
Product Detail Not Found

The product you are looking for is either invalid or no longer available on our website. Most of our products are manufacturer overstock and publisher closeouts. Because of this our inventory and product selections change very frequently. If you see a product today it could be gone tomorrow! [/b]

[/b]
for first box, i see on their site says " we dont have the tone rebellion in our stock vs vs" i want to show you i cant find the link

for second box, if some game is selling in that site is that means for you, its still on sold. and if isnt not, its freeware for you ? you should look the other selling pages or more directly send an email to their company

for third box, YESSSSSS, and i think you put it because its not on the cd access. am i rigth ?

for fourth box, i dont even know what that is
Old 01-03-2007, 02:49 PM   #6
Cosmonaut_Roger
Abandonia nerd

Too bad, Tone Rebellion is an interesting game, and The Logic Factory seems to not exist anymore. I send them an email periodically once or twice a year for the last 3 years, and I've still never recieved a response. They are the developers of my all time favorite game, Ascendancy, but I only played Tone Rebellion once or twice briefly at a friend's house. I'm not sure I am willing to shell out CDACCESS's crazy prices, like many here. My only suggestion would be to try Ebay, you might be able to pick it up there for a few dollars.
Cosmonaut_Roger is offline                         Send a private message to Cosmonaut_Roger
Old 01-03-2007, 03:33 PM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
i see on their site says " we dont have the tone rebellion in our stock vs vs" i want to show you i cant find the link [/b]
At the moment I am unable to access their site at all. But, if they really have placed an information that they've ran out of copies, then this changes things a lot (provided no other retailer is selling it)

Quote:
for second box, if some game is selling in that site is that means for you, its still on sold.[/b]
On that or any other online store that is known to not be a bogus company.
Second-hand sales do not count, and shipping policies are taken into account (as in, "stores that ship only to Malaysia don't count" :P).
Quote:
and if isnt not, its freeware for you ?[/b]
If it's not sold OR protected by copyright owner, it classifies as Abandonware. That's a different thing from freeware.
Quote:
you should look the other selling pages or more directly send an email to their company [/b]
We do the first one, the second is done by the higher-ups and only in special cases.

Quote:
for third box, YESSSSSS, and i think you put it because its not on the cd access. am i rigth ? [/b]
It's not sold, and we put it for download because we could not find a store that is actually selling it.
Quote:
for fourth box, i dont even know what that is [/b]
That is what says on the store which you pointed at as supposedly selling it. See for yourself:
http://www.free-cdsoftware.com/SKU-UFODEF
http://www.free-cdsoftware.com/SKU-APOCAL

-- Reed Richards
Old 05-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #8
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Definitely a fun game. Unfortunately, there just wasn't enough gameplay there to interest many players, and it didn't sell very well. It was the company's last game. They continued to maintain the website, but never did anything else.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 17-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #9
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Stop teasing the noobs.

Btw, I think this site doesn't count any more.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 02-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #10
Acethor
HECU Marine

The Tone Rebellion [APPROVED]

Not under ESA protection, and no buylinks found.

CDAccess is discounted.

We need help!! Click the link above if you're interested!
Acethor is offline                         Send a private message to Acethor