Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-08-2005, 12:16 PM   #11
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Hey ! Cool it down a bit there. I made a little joke, which would have been my only post in this thread if you hadn't felt like kicking back on it. So i joke back, and suddenly you become oh ! so serious and reproach me going off topic. You got a serious attitude problem, so why don't you go bugger someone else ? :angry:
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 04-08-2005, 01:15 PM   #12
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Really nice collection there man! I too, am into mech games. Mainly just the simulations though. "Weapons online, engines online....all systems nominal." Heehe

Howeveer I don't see Mechwarrior 2 Platnum? They made a Mechwarrior 2 with better graphics and more content.
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 04-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #13
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I'm not much into mech-games, but I do own couple of them, including one on PSX, which IMHO is more playable then one on PC (even with game pad).

I do not own X-Box, and I was just about to buy some mech game for X-Box (which will move me to get XBox too ). It was looking really cool, with nice graphics and sound effects.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 04-08-2005, 02:06 PM   #14
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Howeveer I don't see Mechwarrior 2 Platnum? They made a Mechwarrior 2 with better graphics and more content.
I think it was called Titanium Trilogy.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 04-08-2005, 02:53 PM   #15
Zakhal

Quote:
Originally posted by Stroggy@Aug 4 2005, 08:54 AM
Which one is your favourite?
MissionForce: Cyberstorm was a real suprise. Its like a mech version of steel panthers except better. You can buy and customize everything even the pilots, choose your missions (mining, recon, defense, mobile defense, etc) and the battles are real fun. Good animations, background story (belongs to the same universe as Earthsiege) etc. I even restarted the game with hard-difficulty so that it would last longer LOL.

Earthsiege is fun too. Nothing beats 5x50mm chewing the enemy hercs into molten metal scarp in matter of seconds. The expansion missions are better than the ones in the original campaing so it gets even better. I play on challenging difficulty and the missions with 3 wingmen are neato. I give them best weapons and hercs and then just order them around. Give them order to put radar on and open fire and they automatically kick behind when hostiles or scout drones are met.

All of my crew in Earthsiege are currently elite. In the original campaing I had few rookies (all the vets had died) and in the last final battle they ran away when I ordered them to attack (pretty sensible though considering even I had hard time). I was pretty pissed off for been forced to fight it all by myself LOL. Took countless tries until I managed to beat it.

The Battletech: The Crescent Hawks games look good too. Looks like they are made on the same engine as the old gold box games. Just last spring I finished the first of the series (Pool of radiance) but got stuck in the third game (finished hillsfar and moved to curse of azure bonds).
Zakhal is offline                         Send a private message to Zakhal
Old 04-08-2005, 03:04 PM   #16
Zakhal

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBackAlleySka@Aug 4 2005, 01:15 PM
Really nice collection there man! I too, am into mech games. Mainly just the simulations though. "Weapons online, engines online....all systems nominal." Heehe

The mechwarrior 2 mercenaries I have is a platinum version. Its just that I would need the original 3DFX voodoo card to get the better graphics. I actually originally bought the voodoo addon card to play that game. Also most of the titanium versions work only on windows95/98 and if youre on xp youll need virtual pc to run them. Even then the titanium version contains the 1.1 patch for mercs which greatly enhances the gameplay so its still good.

In the list you could also include Heavy Gear 1&2 allthough I played them through like ages ago. Matrix games also has mech game called Titans of Steel - Warring suns.

Looking glass also made a mech game long time ago (I think its abandonware now) called "Terra Nova". I played it through (5 years ago?) and its easily one of the best ones out there:

Those who are into multiplayer prolly should check open source game called MegaMek. Its a board game conversion I think.

After that I guess its time to move on consoles. Mech assault on x-box next.
Zakhal is offline                         Send a private message to Zakhal