Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-12-2006, 10:51 PM   #1
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik
Talking

We have opened a new forum, The ISO Cellar.

This forum is visible to members with 100+ posts and VIPs, and will consist of nothing but links to CD Images of Abandoned games, or games released as freeware. Thanks go to Gargantuan Orangutang for comming up with the idea.

Please read the forum rules within the forum before using it, and enjoy the new addition to the site.

There's not too much content in it right now, but with the help from all of you, we hope to be able to offer one of the internet's best ISO resource for abandonware and freeware.

Have fun! k:
Old 18-12-2006, 11:47 PM   #2
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

This is getting better and better. A big hand to the Crew and Gargantuan Orangutang.
Old 19-12-2006, 07:47 AM   #3
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Wow! Deepest and most truly heartfelt thanks and appreciation to you guys for providing this resource :brain:

I agree with our Mightiest Midget - it is getting better and better!
Old 19-12-2006, 06:50 PM   #4
velik_m
Game Wizzard

It might be a good idea to add a list of ISOs, so you don't have to go through all the subforums to see what's in there.
Old 19-12-2006, 06:59 PM   #5
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(velik_m @ Dec 19 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]272141[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
It might be a good idea to add a list of ISOs, so you don't have to go through all the subforums to see what's in there.
[/b]
I don't know. Seems unneccessary to me. After all, the subforums make that list in my eyes. The list would have to be sorted alphabetically, and that's exactly what the subforums do. If it's about this speed/loading issue, then that won't last forever, and once AB is back on it's feet, I believe this will work like a charm.
Old 19-12-2006, 08:04 PM   #6
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Dec 19 2006, 08:59 PM) [snapback]272144[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(velik_m @ Dec 19 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]272141[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
I don't know. Seems unnecessary to me. After all, the subforums make that list in my eyes. The list would have to be sorted alphabetically, and that's exactly what the subforums do. If it's about this speed/loading issue, then that won't last forever, and once AB is back on it's feet, I believe this will work like a charm. [/b][/quote]I would actually find it pretty useful. Imagine that you are not searching for a particular game. Will you open every letter in a tab or just look at a list and see what name catches your eye?
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 19-12-2006, 08:18 PM   #7
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Abi79 @ Dec 19 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]272152[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Dec 19 2006, 08:59 PM) [snapback]272144[/snapback]
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(velik_m @ Dec 19 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]272141[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
I don't know. Seems unnecessary to me. After all, the subforums make that list in my eyes. The list would have to be sorted alphabetically, and that's exactly what the subforums do. If it's about this speed/loading issue, then that won't last forever, and once AB is back on it's feet, I believe this will work like a charm. [/b][/quote]I would actually find it pretty useful. Imagine that you are not searching for a particular game. Will you open every letter in a tab or just look at a list and see what name catches your eye?
[/b][/quote]

Imagine a list of 130 games... I think I'll stick to the subforums. A couple of titles makes it easier to linger, and when I finally decide to keep looking, I'll just go to the next subforum
Old 20-12-2006, 01:30 AM   #8
chainsoar
Master Debater

Great stuff - although I dislike ISOs myself, I still feel this is a great step forward for AB, as there are a lot of people who don't share my feelings on the subject. Good job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
You click on 'Download this game'.
chainsoar is offline                         Send a private message to chainsoar
Old 20-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #9
Gargantuan Orangutan
Super Freak

You can always use the forum search function to find a something in particular you're looking for.
Gargantuan Orangutan is offline                         Send a private message to Gargantuan Orangutan
Old 20-12-2006, 09:10 PM   #10
bobson
Game is over

What when this silt/subforms will grow large?
Will there be a person, who will be checking the lnks?
after some time they can be out-of-date ... what then ??