Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-12-2008, 07:11 AM   #11
Zaru
Abandonia nerd

Talking about a game like Diablo and Fallout is a lil' contradiction. One is pure hack and slash, the other almost pure P&P RPG. But, if you say you want to dip yourself into something more than H&S I would strongly recommend to check other of Black Isle titles like Icewind Dale saga or Baldur's Gate saga (which I recently added to my collection for merely 10 bucks), not mentioning one of my favourites - Planescape: Torment. Also, I haven't played those but heard positive reviews on Temple of Elemental Evil from Troika (using AD&D system) and Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader from Interplay (which utilizes SPECIAL system known from Fallout), although those two games are from around 2003. If you prefer turn based combat over real-time one, Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor would be a perfect choice (Forgotten Realms), or the game I found quite entertaining despite it simplicity - Ascension to the Throne.
Zaru is offline                         Send a private message to Zaru
Old 22-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #12
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

For a casual, Diablo-like, light RPG, I would recommend Fate: http://games.wildtangent.com/fate/

For more description, see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FATE_(computer_game)

If you like the game but want to remove WildTangent *spyware* afterwards, see here: http://www.pchell.com/support/wildtangent.shtml

Warning: RPG recommendation post directly below mine here is not to be taken seriously :bleh:

Last edited by rabadi; 30-12-2008 at 01:14 AM.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 29-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #13
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Planescape: Torment is a horrible game with a broken AD&D application and a heaping of Chris Avellone subconsciously siphoning stupidity from Ayn Rand. Avoid.

Play Spiderweb Software games, I recommend Avernum 5.
http://www.spidweb.com/

All other suggestions are inferior and placate only the minds of the rubes.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 30-12-2008, 01:53 AM   #14
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

For RPG games like Fallout, you can't go wrong with "Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

Basically its a CRPG set in a open-ended victorian age world. Victorion equals like, 1800's I do believe, maybe 1700's. Yes, you haven ormal weapons like swords, staffs, blah blah, but where it gets neat is the ability to make new weapons (skills needed) and the fact guns are in the game. No not machine guns, that'd be dumb, but guns like Musketts, and Flintlocks

Also, think of it like real-time Fallout, with multiplayer, and open ende story that has different endings, and a similar ending to fallout's, in hwich it shows how the land did after all is said and done Thakns to TheChosen for "supplying" me with this gem I almost think BP would like it! No, thats getting my hopes to high.

It has very much so, Fallout styled graphics, very open-ended, and should work on every pc, cause it's new enough (2001) to be windows, and old enough that it has isometric graphics and doesn't require a super ocmputer to run it.

Making your character is neat. You get to choose what race he is (human, dwarf, eld, half-orc, and the likes), there sex (sorry, no "Yes Please" otion was included in the game), there backgorund story (which hugely effects your starting stats) and go on to name there basic skills.

You start the game by being on a Zeplin (for one reason or the other) and having it attacked by ogres in "New flying machines" (planes). It crashes, and you survive, to here a gnome calling for help. Moving rubble you see him there, he says something aobut getting a ring to a certian fellow, and "blargh", dies.

Because im to lazy to tell you what heppens next, I'll tell this now. Violence itself has facters in the game. A Party member may leave, or even attack you if you use violence in a given situation.

...and because i have to go, ill leave you with this. Get it its worth it

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 04-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #15
hahajejeje
Call him Nacho!

Just for rescat an old one,y will say Chronno trigger.....cmon!!that a great game,good story,nice graphics,an lovely fight sistem that reminds you to final fantasy.
the only problem is that,ejem is for zsnes emule.
aniways see ya!!!
hahajejeje is offline                         Send a private message to hahajejeje
Old 17-02-2009, 01:23 AM   #16
hackenslay

Been playing Neverwinter Nights, internet multiplayer rocks(especially on the Higher Ground server)... Sacred is good, but high system requirements... DungeonSiege is pretty good too, but a little simplistic for an rpg, although playing multiplayer (solo or on a lan) really extends the value of the game...my wife is playing Disgiea for the ps2 and it is very like shining force(a good thing), and finally, a good rts is Original War, a hard to find gem that is very difficult but fun to play.
hackenslay is offline                         Send a private message to hackenslay
Old 17-02-2009, 02:43 AM   #17
hackenslay

Also Blood and Magic is a good real time strategy game, although i havent played it in a while
hackenslay is offline                         Send a private message to hackenslay
Old 17-02-2009, 07:19 AM   #18
angry axe
O for Awesome

the elder scrolls oblivion is fun and also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_and_Blade looks awesome but hasnt been released yet
angry axe is offline                         Send a private message to angry axe
Old 18-02-2009, 01:45 AM   #19
hackenslay

I played an earlier version of mount and blade, but suffered from chs syndrome(can't hit s***)... it was cool tho, but very high system requirements... the mounted archery was awesome but i was seriously lacking in skillz
Old 21-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #20
AnachronyX

Planescape: Torment IS the best CPRG of all the time. (You should rolling on the floor screaming and shaking your pettitoes in the air that this statement is not true, but that's all what you can do with it.)
AnachronyX is offline                         Send a private message to AnachronyX