Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 19-07-2007, 04:43 PM   #11
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Jul 19 2007, 06:29 PM) [snapback]300221[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Two words: Tempest attacks.

In the US, buying shielding material to prevent tempest attacks requires a government issued lisence....
Tempest attacks are also a form of burglary.
(T.A: is when they pick up the electronic signals, by antenna, from your PC as you press a key or otherwise operate any input/output device. Why is this burglary? They can pick up anything you type at home without you having to send it out on the web.)

But ok, my bad, wrong phrasing. Let's use the term Information Gathering instead then.[/b]
Unless they have proper charges against the subject - ones that warrant this sort of surveillance - and an appropriate valid authorisation, I'm still going to view this as a violation of privacy.

There is a reason a warrant is needed to make a search, you know.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #12
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

"What you don't know won't kill you" is a saying. I really don't think they bother with those minor technicalities as long as the media doesn't know. There are from time to time stories from around the world, Norway included, how the Government illegally gathered information. Stop believing the lawmakers follow the law to the letter. Just a handful of years ago, there ws a major political scandal here, where left-wingers (not extremists) were heavily monitored. Noone who knew gave a damn. Only when it became known did it become a moral issue. Morals has NEVER applied to the ones in charge... EVER.
Old 19-07-2007, 04:52 PM   #13
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Morals has NEVER applied to the ones in charge... EVER.[/b]
That is unfortunately quite true.

I wonder how _they_ would react to being monitored the same way, though. :P

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #14
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jul 19 2007, 06:52 PM) [snapback]300230[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
Morals has NEVER applied to the ones in charge... EVER.[/b]
That is unfortunately quite true.

I wonder how _they_ would react to being monitored the same way, though. :P
[/b]
That answer we know. Look what happens to spies
Old 19-07-2007, 04:55 PM   #15
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
!!!CLICK THIS LINK FOR GEORGE BUSH BATHROOM WEBCAM!!![/b]

And they kind of... deserve getting that.

-- Reed Richards
Old 19-07-2007, 05:37 PM   #16
SixApes
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via Yahoo to SixApes

"We the People"(Democracy)

VS

"We the Government"(Imperialism)

An interesting scan from a book titled "Presumably Free : Staving off Capitalism" circa 1886.
It's fascinating how mankind of the late 1800's in American chronology could realize the link between capitalism and imperialism. Its a shame people are sacrificing their liberty for a sense of "safety". If we don't know about it - it wont hurt us.

Ill keep this in mind the next time im 'killing' a homeless person that nobody cares about. In a world where things only matter that we can see, that leaves a rather ambiguous gray region for governmental exploitation. Isn't there anything amongst us collectively as Homo Sapiens, that is sacred?

My name is Richard, and I am not an Imperialist.

Live free or die.

That is all.

LOL
SixApes is offline                         Send a private message to SixApes
Old 19-07-2007, 05:52 PM   #17
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SixApes @ Jul 19 2007, 07:37 PM) [snapback]300239[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Isn't there anything amongst us collectively as Homo Sapiens, that is sacred?
[/b]
I'm sorry, but I'm not an optimist there. We are very good at hailing something as sacred as ong as we benefit from the sham. Even if there are as many as 7 people among 6.000.000.000 plus who genuinly care about anything other than themselves, I don't have the time nor the energy to go looking. Grim words sure, and believe me it upsets me a great deal, but I really believe we kinda deserve this. And when those 7 gets sucked into the whirl, that's how this world works. In short: We're screwed.
Old 19-07-2007, 08:43 PM   #18
droma
Forum hobbit

wait, wait, wait....my government is watching me? Oh yeah, thats why im always looking at those risque pics of enrique iglesias...yes, that should teach them a lesson.
droma is offline                         Send a private message to droma
Old 20-07-2007, 03:08 AM   #19
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

Does this just apply to Vista or does it also seem to be happening on XP?
Burger Meister is offline                         Send a private message to Burger Meister
Old 20-07-2007, 05:06 AM   #20
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

What's the surprise here? I can clearly remember up to about 2 years from now articles warning people that Vista (which was not going to be called that way, but they changed the name on the way... Too bad I can't remember the name) was being created with the sole purpose of being able to control everybody movement over the internet...

Nothing new here... Still wondering why people even consider moving to Vista tough... Complete loss of freedom by trading for graphics? Oh my, give it to me already, I'm sold!

... Not.
Closed Thread