Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-10-2005, 12:03 AM   #21
coldwinter44
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to coldwinter44

hum well it a great old school rpg with a great combat style another download for me
coldwinter44 is offline                         Send a private message to coldwinter44
Old 02-11-2005, 01:00 PM   #22
Ugly Kid Joe

I'm a frequent visitor to Abandonia, and found a lot of old games I love.
Back at the time when most of these came out I could not afford a PC, so I was just drooling lookin at screenshots in computer magazines. (I had a C64 and later an A500)

Albion is a game I never knew, and I just downloaded it out of curiosity.
If I have to use one word to describe it is *awesome*!

Excellent RPG/adventure, excellent gameplay, character design and storyline!
I gave it a 5 but would give it a 10 too! k:

Thank you guys for makin old gems like this available!

UKJ
Hungary

Old 09-11-2005, 12:59 PM   #23
pacifier

fiuh.. i played this game almost 10 years ago and i lost the cd game... but thanks to the abandonia web... now i will continue this game.. this is a great game... my first rpg game... LOL...

but... i want ultima underworld too... where is the sites that provide a free download?

Old 20-01-2006, 02:43 PM   #24
Master MC
Hero Gamer

I can start the game without any problems! Have you tried what that Wudi said:
Quote:
K, dunno if this will work for every1, but in the setup.exe i put

MIDI music: reative Labs Sound Blaster Pro <New Version>
it is down the list a bit

Digital audio: Creative Labs Sound Blaster or 100% Compatible

and i can now play the game without it telling me to view error file and close automatically.

dosbox isnt needed, i just run it with the LAUNCH.exe, and i get sound and seems to run ok. Well, hope that helps =) enjoy

Edit: Guess i should mention that the main menu doesn't have sound, so you wont find out if your sound is working until you start a new game
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 29-01-2006, 11:18 AM   #25
gothmog

a wonderfully immersive game. i have finished it three times, once every 3 years

i still hear the music playing in the first cave where there's that light you have to first avoid and then walk through to improve one of your attributes permanently.

and i'll never forget that passage in the mountains where you got waylaid all the time, which was perfect for farming expensive armor

w o n d e r f u l!
gothmog is offline                         Send a private message to gothmog
Old 18-02-2006, 07:40 AM   #26

Best game I've ever played and I played really lots of RPG games(Baldurs Gate, morrowind, ultima, Fallout and many many more). This have just somethink more..I don't know what is it, you must try it, then you will see. Someone here wrote that fights is not so good, just whole gameplay is not so good but story is sooo good..My request on this post:
After few years I release that it is only story(best atmosphere ever..) what is so good on this game, but when i played that I forgot ate, drank, slept,toilet() etc.(so don't worry about gameplay if you try this game first time, you won'n see any disadvantage, just take 2 week holiday, buy lots of food,drinks, nappy and enjoy! )..I can't gave up, it is just so amazing game. I played Albion maybe 4times, even everytime it was same .
Epic, Atmospheric, Emotional I haven't more words in my dictionary ..

By the way, sorry about my English, but don't worry I improve it fast(i am maybe 10000km from home in Australia for english.. )

Old 21-02-2006, 08:09 AM   #27
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

I played Albion for quite a while and I have to say that I'm
frustrated by Albion.

It IS great game no doubt!
But I couldn't quite work out to get through some dungeons.

I kept trying and trying and finally I ceased playing it.

And I'm not easy to give up on games!
Old 22-02-2006, 02:58 AM   #28

Try this if you have a problem...:
http://www.the-spoiler.com/RPG/Blue.byte/albion.5.html
Btw i am that last guest

Old 10-03-2006, 03:02 AM   #29
Trisk

Ooooohhh...Man. This was, and still is, one of my favorite RPGs OF ALL TIME. This game has such an AMAZING story! It is a perfect blend of all the best parts of a Japanese RPG, minus all the crappy bad cliche stories the Japanese games always have, and all the strategic complexities of a good American/European party based RPG. You get a win/win scenario with this game!

Yes, some of the dungeons are confusing, but a good strategy guide will solve that. This game is just so dang COOL! They created an entire WORLD, with all its peoples, even down to the toilets. I feel SO bad that Thelion/Blue Byte died. Nobody ever found their games, and it is such a shame. I'd take one of their games over 50 bland repetitive cliche Japanese RPGs that dump and on the market and sell like crazy every year.

Play this game. Live the world. You'll never look at RPGs quite the same again.

Trisk

-Grey: Are you running it in DosBox? It works fine for me even with VDMSound. Make sure you have all the latest drivers for your graphics card...that might fix the problem.
Trisk is offline                         Send a private message to Trisk
Old 27-03-2006, 04:40 PM   #30
nawade

so, i'm assuming that because no one has responded to the question about the right hand part of the screen being missing on 17" displays and laptop screens is because there is no solution. BUT if someone does find a solution, please post it for the benefit of others.

Also, some people have commented on the 3D parts being really bad gameplay in comparison to the rest of the game. I think they are kinda cool and much more challenging. In 3rd person dungeons, its fairly easy to navigate and so the maze part of the dungeon is really not that difficult. However, at least for me, the 3D dungeon is more realistic in that i get turned around and confused and lost. if it weren't for the map, id be hopelessly lost forever... in the stupid cellar at the hunter clan building. However, i have not gotten very far in the game yet, so my opinion may change.
nawade is offline                         Send a private message to nawade