Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-09-2006, 08:42 AM   #11
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

I've been thinking this a lot:

It all started at the character creation screen...
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 19-09-2006, 09:24 AM   #12
Morrin
Underground

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheChosen @ Sep 19 2006, 08:42 AM) [snapback]255993[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I've been thinking this a lot:

It all started at the character creation screen...
[/b]
Not just any character creation screen, but from a very SPECIAL character creation screen.
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin
Old 19-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #13
chainsoar
Master Debater

haha, I'm having a hard time believing that "Asians are Martians" thing wasn't posted on April 1st
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
You click on 'Download this game'.
chainsoar is offline                         Send a private message to chainsoar
Old 19-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #14
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I particularly like E. Von Däneken's idea of where "we" come from. First, there were apes, then aliens came and "messed about" with the apes (!!!!). The offspring were Humans. Does the guy have ANY idea how difficult it is to crossbreed two completly different spieces? Try to have your Fido humping a jellyfish. Bets anyone, that it would lead to anything but a gross mess?
Old 19-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #15
a1s
Hero Gamer

crossbreeding by er... shall we say "natural means" is a rather hard process. however inserting pieces of dna into a batch of other DNA is a lot simpler. our underdveloped civilisation is allready doing it, and we can't even set up a station on the moon (just don't start the "it's pointless" argument. in 19th century it was allready pointless to put sations on the north pole, but we still keep doing it 100 years after when prestige associated with haveing one is minimal), imagine what a space faring civilisation could do.

EDIT: oh wait, when you said "messed about" you meant they "did the monkey" with them didn't you? yes, that is wierd...

P.S. I still don't get get the SPECIAL chrecter reference.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 19-09-2006, 11:35 PM   #16
giganto
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to giganto Send a message via MSN to giganto

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Sep 19 2006, 04:04 PM) [snapback]256123[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Try to have your Fido humping a jellyfish. Bets anyone, that it would lead to anything but a gross mess?
[/b]
the dog would be in for a bad surprise, if it goes to far.

be funny to see though
Old 22-09-2006, 05:27 AM   #17
rlbell
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Sep 19 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]256123[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I particularly like E. Von Däneken's idea of where "we" come from. First, there were apes, then aliens came and "messed about" with the apes (!!!!). The offspring were Humans. Does the guy have ANY idea how difficult it is to crossbreed two completly different spieces? Try to have your Fido humping a jellyfish. Bets anyone, that it would lead to anything but a gross mess?
[/b]
Von Daneken is a blatant racist. Have you ever noticed that he never suggested aliens built any of the ancient monuments erected in Europe?
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 22-09-2006, 05:41 AM   #18
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rlbell @ Sep 22 2006, 07:27 AM) [snapback]256596[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Von Daneken is a blatant racist. Have you ever noticed that he never suggested aliens built any of the ancient monuments erected in Europe?
[/b]
I noticed. The thing about this guy is that he is so completly unhinged that he becomes hysterically funny. His idea that no non-westerner could possibly build anything more advanced than a two boulder monument is one of his greatest (still looking at the fun here) traits. And when he, since he can't deny the existence of the Pyramids, explain them as alien built, he becomes a winner.
Old 22-09-2006, 02:05 PM   #19
Horoma
Abandonia nerd

Well, Von Daniken seems to care a lot for writing sensational books, but he's less interested in correct scientific methods. Same goes for Robert Bauval, who tells us the pyramids were built around 10500 BC, and were directed at the Orion constellation. Though you are right to question their scientific methods, that doesn't mean their theories are automatically wrong. I also have strong doubts about many academic scientists and "proven" scientific methods.

I personally believe the great pyramids were built a lot earlier than is commonly believed, and by a very advanced civilization. These original pyramids were constructed in relation to the stars, and were only later re-used as tombs. That's all I dare say. Though alien involvement is a possibility, I wouldn't bet any money on that.
Horoma is offline                         Send a private message to Horoma
Old 22-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #20
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

If you never question the Scientist, you become religious. There are similarities between Religion and science: Both have their hierachy, their institutions of Truth and devoted followers. But "real" science also admit that we cannot possibly know for a fact that science is right. Therefor science uses terms like "theories". This itself forces us to question the scientific results and accept that it still is all about belief.