Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Shall I get an Xbox 360 or remain loyal to just PC games (+DS)
Get the Xbox360 (if you can) 11 25.58%
Don't, why bother with it? 25 58.14%
Buy a GC/PS2/Xbox instead! 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-11-2005, 03:34 PM   #41
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Nov 19 2005, 02:55 PM
In another argument, why did you post this on the Abandonia forum of all places? This is filled with the older people who've been around for years, and consider older gaming the holy grail on the PC, so they think the console is the devil (some of them anyway), not only that, but there are PC fanatics in here, meaning, lots of bias.
Who says the pc-maniacs have to be old? Im 13 and think consoles are weapons of the devil.
As is my dog's squeaky toy, but that is an entirely different matter.

Why wont she just shut up...
Old 19-11-2005, 04:09 PM   #42
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Ya go Danny!! I'm 14 and I agree, counsels atr the devil, except FF
And how do you know I haven't played any of thoose games Piggy? o_0
And ya I agree with Shrunk also, basically the only reason I bought a GC (huge mistake) was for Soul Caliber 2 and SSBM
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 19-11-2005, 05:39 PM   #43
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Soul Calibur 2 and SSB were wicked games, you'll never see those on a pc. :bleh: Although still a little ticked Sony got the exclusive rights to Soul Calibur 3 for the ps2 <_< couldn't they just have released it for all 3 systems this generation or next generation and make much more money imo. In terms of revenue though consoles easily outwin against the pc have to say, personally I have both likes for the pc and likes for the console side. :angel:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 19-11-2005, 06:00 PM   #44
JimmyJ
Game Wizzard

NIntendo revolution is gonna kick arse, we'll be able to play Seiken Densetsu 3 on console! (only on snes emus' before due to it being japanese, so no one but Japanese own real cartredge). Also, the weird controller is gonna be interesting, plus, the system's cost is going to be planned to be lower that teh 360 and PS3 But ill defenantly get a ps3 LATER, but NO 360 for me, i despise X-Box stuff..
JimmyJ is offline                         Send a private message to JimmyJ
Old 19-11-2005, 06:33 PM   #45
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Has anyone even seen the wireless controller of CD-I ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Philips_CD-i.jpg

efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 19-11-2005, 06:35 PM   #46
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

That was a horrid.. console... thing... whatever it was.

@Moogle: And buying a GameCube is not a "big mistake" it's just you being too assinine and short sighted to actually play any good games, those two you bought are fantastic, and your inability to actually enjoy consoles is a waste.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 19-11-2005, 06:40 PM   #47
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Nov 19 2005, 07:35 PM
That was a horrid.. console... thing... whatever it was.

@Moogle: And buying a GameCube is not a "big mistake" it's just you being too assinine and short sighted to actually play any good games, those two you bought are fantastic, and your inability to actually enjoy consoles is a waste.
Tastes differ, you know. Not every likes FPS. Not even if it's bloody good FPS... :whistle:
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 19-11-2005, 06:42 PM   #48
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

It's a matter of personal taste is all, I personally prefer consols, but this is probably due to my childhood with the intellivision (cloudy mountain has to be one of my favourites to this day) at my side. Both have their pros and cons, some genres being almost impossible on one platform, and some seeming almost tailer made for them.

Exclusive gems really affect the choice of purchase as well. RE4 (which is now on PS2 for some reason, the buggers), ICO, Zelda, Halo, Colossus, the FF series are all huge factors when deciding what purchase to go for. Personally, I find the games affect the consumer more than the hardware does. The Neo Geo and Dreamcast demonstrate this (although both were amazing, too bad...).

Although, I do think the Revolution has the potential to change alot of that due to it's user interface. RTS, FPS, and all the games in between won't really pose a problem control wise, and free wi fi doesn't exactly hurt.

Quote:
Tastes differ, you know. Not every likes FPS. Not even if it's bloody good FPS...*
If you're referring to his comment towards Moogles GC games, neither are FPS games. Both are fighting.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 19-11-2005, 07:51 PM   #49
Stebbi
Game Wizzard

I Just wanted too spam a little ....I FOUND MY OLD SEGA MEGA CONSOLE
Stebbi is offline                         Send a private message to Stebbi
Old 19-11-2005, 08:05 PM   #50
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Bloody Piggy, you do realise that Crimson Skies actually came out on the PC a long time before it came out on the XBox, along with free multiplayer and actually more features?

You can talk about XBox Live not having any lag or anything, but on the other hand if you have broadband anyway then lag isn't a problem. Obviously, Dial-up vs. XBox live will show much less lag on XBox Live, but then Broadband vs XBox Live will be pretty much equal, plus you don't have a to pay out ?5 a month.

Also, the GameCube was underpowered, there were very, very few good games for it and the controller wass terrible.

All of the games that are coming out for XBox are basically sequels - it'd be nice to see a new game to launch the platform, to be honest.

P.S. Far Cry Instincts was pure shite.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks