Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-08-2006, 01:42 PM   #11
kanalradde

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 22 2006, 12:41 PM) [snapback]250187[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
About the lack of tickets... If you collect all the artifacts you'll get a free ride back tot he starting point, so you only need enough tickets to collect all the cargo - you'll get more tickets after that.[/b]
Even if you manage this, the AI mostly won't and without an opponent the game is not as entertaining.
A possible "solution" is hex-editing the savegame and giving both players each 255 tickets.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 22 2006, 12:41 PM) [snapback]250187[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
It would be useful though if you could see every conection in advanced, so you could plan your route more carefully, not to come to a city near the destination you want to be at, only to discover you need to go half way across the continent again.
[/b]
The game box contains a complete world map with all connections.
kanalradde is offline                         Send a private message to kanalradde
Old 25-02-2007, 04:48 PM   #12
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
The game box contains a complete world map with all connections.
[/b]
I tried to scan the world map that has all the flight and connection info but the thing is very large and I had to scan it in sections. Nonetheless I gave it my best shot and emailed the scan to Tom. I don't know if he will put it up on the site. It isn't the most professional looking thing.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 26-02-2007, 04:03 PM   #13
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

If there's a problem, I can try some digital image surgery.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 26-02-2007, 06:52 PM   #14
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Feb 26 2007, 11:03 AM) [snapback]281069[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
If there's a problem, I can try some digital image surgery.
[/b]

I'll put it on the ftp server in my directory. The biggest problem was that it is printed on very thick paper and by the time I folded it enough times to fit it in the scanner the folds left 1/4 inch gaps where the pages should meet. When you see it you will know what I mean.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 26-02-2007, 10:59 PM   #15
thebes
Game freak

Exclamation

Well, I try to consider it an honour that we, sorry, zat ve are obviously still the best-loved enemy.

Of course! who dosen't love tanks like the tiger, panther, lynx and later lepoard(post war)! much better than the boring soviet tanks.

Sorry, trying to learn how ya'll put quote in the box. :tai:
I give up! :wallbash:
Luke 7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
thebes is offline                         Send a private message to thebes
Old 27-02-2007, 10:12 AM   #16
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Use:
Code:
[QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #17
takeda iesyu
Lurker

Exclamation hellp!

I need major help!!!

Ok, so whenever I try to run it, iy tells me to amp up the soud. I tryed an max sound with all 3 options and it still wont work! Hellllp!!!!!!!!
takeda iesyu is offline                         Send a private message to takeda iesyu
Old 28-11-2008, 01:37 PM   #18
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Are you running it in XP or via DOSBox/VDMSound?

If you're running it in XP, then there is a chance the game does not support your soundcard/on-board sound card. If so, try running it with VDMSound or in DOSBox.
Old 15-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #19
cnquist
Forum hobbit

I got this game as a birthday present when I was nine but it is actually more fun for me to play now than it every way then. Besides the whole limited ticket thing, this was edutainment at its best.
cnquist is offline                         Send a private message to cnquist